Working slower to get more hours... is this something you'd do?

Most days I work independently, and I have to get the workload done before I leave. A week ago, a few days a week I decided to work at a "tad bit" of a slower pace, and to take on more unnecessary projects (necessary, but not necessary for ME to do them lol), in order to have a few more hours overall punched in on my time clock. I realized that in a way, it's OK - because when it's busier, there's no reason for me to work myself to death when it's totally permissable to stay half an hour or an hour later than when I was scheduled. At the same time, though, it feels like cheating the system in a way and probably makes me seem like a slow worker. Today, like most days this week, I'm getting more than plenty hours and I just want to scram out of here as soon as I possibly can. For those of you who work hourly, do you ever do this - or know anyone who does this? Who will intentionally work at a slower pace in order to get a couple of hours extra on their pay check? Is this totally dishonest - or what are your opinions?
I have always been a salary employee so do not know what it is like to work by the hour. I do not like working slow as then I have sort of a lack of interest. I like to work faster and well being paid by salary this way I do not have to rush out the door.
Naah, I am one that likes to get to task and tackle them asap. Seriously I cannot work at slow pace..I cannot stand working in slow pace or watching others who work so slow either.. ugh that kills me by the way. By the way I am laughing so hard right now with your confessional statement, up above.
@bounce58 (17524)
I just responded to your discussion about being salaried or hourly... So, although I am salaried, once in a while I am asked to do overtime on my days off. That's when I become 'hourly'. Yesterday was one such example. I was asked to come in to check on something at work. Now, checking that particular thing wouldn't take 20minutes. But considering it took me about 30 minutes to get to work, plus another 30 minutes to get home, I made my stay at work worthwile. I stayed a full hour to at least get my gas money in coming to work. I must admit it is a bit difficult to stretch 20 minutes into a full hour!
@DertyJ (193)
I would work as fast as possible if I had a set pay but luckily I get paid hourly as well. I also try to take my time to get in the extra hours because I figure if I do it now then I won't need to work a long as an adult hopefully. But even on the 12-14 hour shift I try to squeeze in an extra 15 minutes if I can.
@sweet_pea (3326)
I don't work slower to get more hours because I am not paid for extra hours unless it is a holiday. So what I do, I get all the work done as fast as I can, so I can have more time here at MyLot. I pass my time at work joining discussions here at MyLot.