Could you wear a Santa costume to make money?

@codris (783)
Italy
hi there people, christmas is coming! and in the shops we can see a lot of new items related to christmas, in every supermarket and big center there are people that wear a Santa costume to entertain kids and theyr parents. I know some persons that the last year made this kind of job, only fot two,three days. What do you think about this job? do you think that could you wear a Santa costume to make money in christmas holydays?
@drannhh (15211)
I could, theoretically, but it is rather unlikely that I ever would. I do not really think these anonymous Santa Claus figures are such a good idea, as we try to teach young ones not to trust strangers, and some guy or gal in a suit is a stranger. Maybe they are bonded, but it still makes me uncomfortable to know that little children are crawling up into some guy's lap...he could be an offender for all the parents know.
@harry89 (2332)
Yea i can wear santa costume to make money, rather i would love it, who would not like to become a santa and play with some sweet, cute kids. I would love to do this job specially on chrismas when i would distribute candies in kids. Harry, :-)
@few00cent (2143)
wearing some fancy costume and going out in public is not my cup of tea..I am kinda shy guy and I am sure I will feel uncomfortable in the out fit..but its fun to watch santa people entertaining kids and people.
@inu1711 (5288)
Hey, I'd like to wear a Santa costume during winter holydays. But I'm afraid I won't be a successful Santa, as I'm rather a skinny person. What would children think if they saw a skinny Santa? Crisis hit the North Pole, too? Or what? Yet it's a job I'd like to do, as I love children and I like so much to please them. I don't think I'd care too much about the money, sometimes the smiles on children faces make me just happy!
@carolbee (16241)
I could do this job and love it. Would need a lot of padding though because I can't fill out a Santa costume. Those little kiddies would just make my day. Would enjoy listening to the older ones and what they would like to have for Christmas. Only one problem and that is I am a female so my voice is not deep enough to sound like a Santa. I would volunteer my time since it's such a joyous occasion and basically celebrated for and by the kids.