Do you give your cellphone numbers easily?

@annierose (17588)
As for me, I only give my cellphone number to those people I know. Not all people can be trusted and giving away my cellphone number to those who wants a text mate is a no no for me.It is because nowadays,our world sometimes seems to be full of people that wants to victim other people.That is why we must always be alert and careful in giving out our numbers.
@Strovek (870)
It is not safe to give out your cell number. I do not give out but had a bad experience of receiving calls in the middle of the night. The person will call and then hang up. Luckily for me the calls stopped.
@annierose (17588)
hi strovek, Yes, it is really unsafe. You don't know what is the motive of the people asking for your number.
@qianyun6 (2069)
Hi, annierose! Stealing cellphone number and giving junk calls and short messages have already been a black industrial chain now, who dear give cellphone number casually? Your way is quite advisable! Me too.
@annierose (17588)
hi qianyun6, I am studying the role of cellphone on the life of its user and there is a case there that teenagers are so addicted giving out their numbers even to strangers. They use it for flirting and dating. This is very bad, I think.
@Azaerus (821)
I don't give out my number that easily, you have to be a close friend or a relative for you to have my number. Sometimes, I also don't give my number to an old class mate or school mate, I've learned my lessons. You see before, I used to not care whether to whom I'll give my number as long as your my school mate or someone I just met. And so there it goes, because of that attitude of mine I got scammed a couple of times. So now, I'm always careful in giving out my number. Got to make sure I won't be scammed again. Although sometimes, I get messages from people I don't know whenever I ask where they'd got my number, they would reply " from a friend of yours" and this really bugs me.
@annierose (17588)
hi azaerus, that thing also happened with me. I am a thrifty person and I not want to waste my load to a person who doesn't want to introduce himself. Whenever that happens, I usually ignore the person.
@Wizzywig (7860)
I only give the number to close family and friends which amounts to, maybe 10-12 people altogether.... thats probably why it rarely rings - and, when it does, its often a 'wrong number'
@annierose (17588)
hi wizzywig, That is good idea to avoid scammers and being disturb. I hate it when people will just send nonsense messages while you are in the middle of a hectic schedule.
@emerillus (477)
Hi annierose!no, I don't give my number to people I don't know especially if what they rally want is just a textmate. Only important people in my life can contact me and I hate it when they give away my number and I feel betrayed when they do.
@annierose (17588)
hi emerillus, I also get angry when my number is given away by my friends especially if that person to whom they give my number does not have any relation with me. I also feel betrayed like you.
@syoti20 (5295)
I dont give my cellphone number easily. They have to earned my trust first.
@annierose (17588)
hi syoti, wow, you answer direct to the point. Anyway, I understand what you tried to say here. Thanks for participating.
@syoti20 (5295)
Thanks.
Well... You have forced me to think...wether I give my number easily or not... First I think for a moment and so many times I have lied if I don't have to give...that I don't use cellphones... Actually I live in a colony and here everybody is having life full of meditation and spiritual activity...so those person who live besides me don't expect me to use cell phone and never ask my number ...and when ever I go out...I give my number to those only who I think can care my privacy towards my meditation and life style... Thanks...
@annierose (17588)
hi sincere4frdship, thanks for participating. I can say that based on your response, you are a very peaceful person.
@annierose (17588)
@jennyze (7048)
I did not. For me, a cellphone number is private. It can directly reach me wherever I am. I only gave y numbers to several trusted friends online.
@annierose (17588)
hi jennyze, I miss you here.Same with me also. Unless I know a certain person can be trusted, then that is the time I give my cellphone number to him or her.
@jennyze (7048)
I miss you too, Annierose.^^ There is not enough motivation to be here at the moment. Maybe you can send me some...
@jpso138 (7844)
Yes, it is true that many people are out there victimizing a other people to earn or perhaps to do bad things. We should be careful. I also do not just give out my number to anyone, unless I know them or unless it is something part of my work or business. I do not even have any text mates since I am quite busy with work.
@annierose (17588)
hi jpso, I don't like textmates either. I am skeptic about it. I cannot avoid not to keep that those people who are fond of texting people they do not know always invent an image which is far from their true identity. Well, it is so easy to invent stories or good personalities thru cellphone.
Heck no! I am not naive with this kind of stuff, although I know a lot of my friends && family are - they hand otu their phone numbers like candy. I don't give my number out as easily. People have to earn my trust, and since I don't do one-night-stands, if I meet someone - the first day I won't give them my phone number.. I don't know. I mean, to each's own. I just wouldnt' want to get hurt or have a stalker!
@annierose (17588)
hi maezee, I also do not like giving my number to people I do not know. However, sometimes, I am oblige to do so. My parents don't have cellphone that is why when someone ask for a number to contact them, they just ask me to give my number to those people. Luckily, I haven't experienced being disturbed by those people whom I gave my number.
@rog0322 (2834)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Hi annierose, Thank for noticing me. I thought I really am a nobody. I posted this thread a month ago and its just now that you took the trouble of responding to it. Happy holidays ahead. May your days be filled with cheers and glad tidings.
@annierose (17588)
hi rog, I was so busy with my work and studies that is why I cannot reply as soon as possible. However, I am glad to response back to all mylotters those who participates in my post. I just cannot do immediately because of time constraints. Thanks for the greetings. Happy holidays too.
@chad257 (152)
Hi , I dont realy give out my numbers to people that I do business with. several family members a few facebook friends and classmates that I went to school with. that is about all I give my number. if the wrong people get number they will bug me and I dont like that.
@annierose (17588)
hi chad, I agree with your post. Sometimes, there are people who loves to bug other people.
@wjack2010 (755)
I give my number to trusted online services only and my friends and family. I am very secure with my phone number and change it all the time.
@annierose (17588)
hi wjack, I think that changing your number all the time is quite uncomfortable for me. It is because I want to use just one number for my work, my family and friends. Especially whenever I am applying for a job. I think it is very important to stick to just one mobile number.
• United Arab Emirates
off curse no you have to take care about your registration number
@annierose (17588)
thanks for participating reza123
• Thailand
I always give my cellphone number to my friend who I trust them. I never give a strange person my phone number because today there was a lot of scam income phone here. I afraid of scam call phone! It make me annoy when receive it!
@annierose (17588)
hi phong, I agree with your post here. It is very importantn to be careful at all times.
@lady1993 (16322)
I give my phone number to anyone who asks..if I know them, especially if they are in the same school I study at. I'm not really looking for a text mate too- I think it's just a waste of load and you can;t trust other people that easily anymore..
@annierose (17588)
hi lady, I agree with you that it is just a waste of load meeting other people via text.Life is so hard nowadays. You need to work hard just to earn money. I do not think so that it is practical to waste money to people whom we really don't know.
@sk66rc (4261)
I'm not 100% sure how you would define "easily" but I do give out my cell phone number pretty frequently. I do meet a lot of people for work & I'm on the road more often than office. So it would be easier for my clients to contact me on my cell phone than other phones. When I'm in a social setting, I do give out my phone number if somebody asks me. Of course I'm more cautious about it & there are times when I said no.
@annierose (17588)
hi sk66rc, It is so hard for me to say directly "no" to a person asking my number. I had a suitor before and he kept on asking me my mobile number and I said I don't have any. He did not believe in me when I explained to him that my mobile phone is not functioning so I cannot text or call. He looked for way to know still my number. What I did is that I asked all of my colleagues not to tell my number to him. Luckily, he did not pursue his intention in courting me since it was pretty obvious that I was not interested that time to go to a relationship.
i do have two mobiles. one is for personal and other one for jus giving to strangers where we cant avoid giving numbers. i use my personal number always and jus ignore the other number.. i'll atten only the needed calls in that number
@annierose (17588)
hi nottheleast, You are very lucky for having 2 mobiles. I just have one here and unfortunately, it is not working good. However, I have no choice but to be patient on my mobile phone since there are lots of things to spend money with rather than buying again a new mobile phone.
@mods196621 (3631)
I easily give my cellphone number for business only not for chat. In my present business i give fliers to all and there is my contact number and email id. It is depend on the people who would give you the contact and the owner or the user. If the works of the user is for chatting then definitely be careful for giving numbers to strangers.
@annierose (17588)
hi mods, We also have a "House for Rent". My number is posted there in case there will be some people who want to rent the house. There are times that I get serious people who really wants to rent the house and there are times that I get people who seems like they just wanted me to text them back but they are not having an intention to rent the house. Once I notice what their motives are, I just ignore their text.
@vbpujara (646)
• Rajkot, India
Almost NO!!! because nowadays lot of people sending spam and time wasting sms as well as calls to phones so it is not fair.
@annierose (17588)
hi vbpujara, I understand you. It is very important to be aware of people around us and be careful in giving numbers to people.