Swine flu is back in the news nearly every night now

@joystick (1680)
There are lots of people that could have had the jab to prevent it and have not bothered again this year.I feel sad that all these people could have had the jab, yet they never bothered and these are the people that if they get it, then it could kill them.There are other people that want the jab to potect them and their family yet they can not get the jab.Most of the cases could have been prevented, but still the nhs are not giving in to everyone having the jabs.Makes me angry.
For the last five years I have refused to get a flu shot, and for the last five years, I haven't had the flu. (knock on wood) It only protects against the one strain, and it can actually make us more prone to catching other types of the virus. I'd rather take a multivitamin, and wash my hands every time I'm near a sink.
@bunnybon7 (36413)
• Holiday, Florida
well i had the jab for flu and have still gotten something quite like it so im wondering if its worth worrying over the jab as you call it. im still having such a terrible time with my stomach after flu like symptoms. so im wondering why i even bothered. they dont know what i had but its getting a little better. but i swear its just like the flu. and i had the jab
I will admit that I opted to not have my family vaccinated against the swine flu. The reason that I made this decision is because of the fact that I don't like vaccines that are new as there are a lot of risks involved with them. I also know that there are risks that are also involved with opting to not vaccinate, but I think that those risks are slightly easy to deal with than the risks of having a vaccine that has not withstood the test of time.
@KrauseHome (35035)
Personally sometimes it really makes you wonder, as they say last yrs. vacine usually does not work the yr. it is given so that is personally why I have never bothered getting any Flu shots yet. Honestly since I do not travel much and work in a call center I think personally a lot of this scare is just something to see if anyone is really listening. And since my Doctor has never thought nothing about me not getting the shots when available I just trust that nothing bad will ever happen to me as well.
@ebuscat (5949)
For me maybe in your country but be aware of so that you not caught by the flue.
hi joystick its so unnecessar to not take it as it will prevent you fomr getting flu and its sideeffects like bacterial bronchitis which is hard on people like me who are seniors and also have diabetes which makes your'immune system ou of whack and catch things easier. So I had my'shot and am grateful for not getting the flu. Idid have a cold which only' lasted a few days.People got so upset over all sorts of stupid rumors and and now they are ill. some will even die and it could all have been prevened with that shot. damn.
@ladygator (3469)
it really is to bad that this was not prevented so that unnecessary loss would not have had to happen. I get the shot now and its even easier since it is now in the regular flu shot, so you don't even have to worry about 2 shots like last year. It does make me feel bad when my kids have to get the shots since they are very afraid of them. But its worse to see them sick.