Religion gives people what they want

Certain religions are tyrannical. Even when people are small children, these rel;igions brainwashes by placing in their minds various beliefs and they say it is the truth and sincs these statements are repeated again and again, the belifs seem to be the truth. But why do we continue believing in these even when we become adults? Is it impossible for us to question these beliefs? is it impossible to become free from these beliefs? I am afraid many of us rather enjoy these beliefs. They give us a sense of power/superiority ( My religion is true,others are false). They boost our egos( Hey, I daily pray to God and llok at them, they do not even believe in God. Hey, I and the likes of me are sure to go to heaven,but what about those who worship the false Gods?). Moreover, beliefs create a sort of comfortable zone. So, religion gives people what they want. Those who are not satisfied with what religion gives just question the beliefs and sooner or later, they walk out of the trap.
Certaily.
What I have noticed is that nonbelievers work just as hard getting others to follow their nonbelief in God as Christians work to get people to come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. I understand why Christians preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ, but why is it important for the nonbeliever to get converts? Also, Christians don't have a monopoly when it comes to a sense of power and a superior attitude. I don't believe I know anyone who is more condescending to believers in God than Richard Dawkins.
@wings143 (133)
sometimes yes and sometimes no..there are people whose lives become worthier because of this.others are not.well,its everybodys way of finding happiness and rest in life.for me religion is actually seeing yourself in the life after...heaven or hell.
I would argue that whatever a person uses as their emotional and moral base is their religion. It is only "organized religion" and people not wanting to think for themselves that is bad. Some people are quite happy not to have to think for themselves and can have personally fulfilling lives without questioning their religion. There is nothing we can do about this. Some people choose to take advantage of such thinking and use other's faith for personal, perhaps evil, purpose For example, I am evil: Send money to The Church of The Stuffed Rat!
@Pose123 (21667)
Hi Frederick, I agree but it also creates fear and has been the cause of millions of deaths. I think it is child abuse to indoctrinate children, although I did it myself why my children were young. I didn't realize what I was doing at the time and I'm sure that many parents feel that they are doing right today. I'm thankful at least that I was broad minded enough, even at that time, to teach them respect for those who believed differently. It is often very difficult to walk out of the trap as you call it and many people go through life in great fear, and often on a lot of medication all because of religious indoctrination. Some even spend years in mental institutions with problems all brought on by such brainwashing. Blessings.