Burn out, Leave of absence 8 days

@deodavid (4150)
Hey there guys, Well i kinda hit it hard this few days at work and my chief nurse kinda figured things out like me getting to work tired and really not my usual self didn't do anything wrong but my body language is way off and i kinda broke my pointy finger lifting a patient twice my weight, of course i had help with an orderly and another nurse but i guess crap happens so i have an 8 day payed leave since i havent used any of my vacation leave yet to heal and rest my soul and also Friday i already resigned from my part time because it will really not go well with my dialysis training schedule so i had to let that go, anyway wish me well guys and starting tomorrow i will be on my lot in my waking hours i hope you are ready for the floods, love yah guys and to some that are workaholics like me which i am not anymore i hope your not that disappointed and understand, thanks friends, I'll rest for the evening.
hi dodavid as a woman who spent most adult life being a nurse's aide I understand fully what you mean, burn out. I have been there and its no fun . one winter we had so much snow a lot of nurses could no get to work and so we aides worked two shifts. starts out okay but by the end of the second shift I felt like I was sleep walking. so was suggested to me a good time to take accumulated sick leave. So I had ten days off and really got rested up in that time. I did love my job but it could getting very tiring.Come back all refreshed and ready to take on new patients.
• Davao, Philippines
Wow, Hatley, that must have taken a whole lot of toll on you...working non-stop on patients that don't seem to end. I don't know how you guys do it but I'm amazed at your stamina, endurance and capacity to handle stress on both physical and mental note. Good thing, I did not pursue what my childhood dream is supposed to be. I could still remember being in front of a crowed, my 5 years old self, saying, "When I grow up, I want to be a nurse." And yeah, I became a nurse--but more of a doctor actually--of computers, gadgets, electronics and anything that has wires on it. It's not the same. But I'm loving it. I love the feeling of being able to fix broken things and use them again. Hahahaha!
every woman has a right that needs to be in this life :)
@Shellyann36 (8916)
Goodness sounds as if you really need a break! I do hope that you will use this paid break to actually rest. I think you are in need of it. Don't let yourself get too exhausted. You will be no good to anyone in that shape. Take care of yourself. It is good to be a workacholic but it is also good to take a break once in a while.. especially if your body and soul are telling you that they have had enough. Be safe with the floods and rest!
@yanzalong (10150)
You are such an energetic kinda person, deo. Your flood of posts is nice actually, but make sure you also can manage your discussions well so that there will be a good flow of discussion between you and other responders, bro. Great, bro.
@SinfulRose (3518)
• Davao, Philippines
Hello, deodavid! I agree with your superior. You really need to take a rest. We can't have a sick person caring for another sick person and yes, you are indeed stressed out from the very beginning due to your unnatural schedule of sleeping and waking. I wonder how you've prevented yourself from turning into a walking zombie. And what is this part time job? That's the first I've heard of it but anyways it's not MyLot so I'm good. Make sure to take advantage of that leave. That's a rare chance one can get in a working life.