Did You Notice That?

I wonder if you noticed that when you post a discussion here, you get more visits from others than if you just read, like and comment on other posts? I did notice that happening in my account. Personally, I prefer reading at least one new post a day from my followers. Much better than just answering to comments only. Is this your thinking too?
I do also, because it keeps in the two way give and take of thoughts and allows for more interactions, you realize that its a two-way street and it keeps your interest. I have to say that I dislike it when some start so many discussions in a day that I cannot keep up with it, that is my personal frustration.
@Trensue (5253)
I find that I am really pretty boring! I guess commenting it probably better for me. Keeping up is always hard.
@boiboing (12881)
• Northampton, England
I write when something is in me that I just need to shove it onto the screen. I certainly write less here than at the other place because there I just felt like we were (at one time) getting rewarded so much for so little that we all developed keyboard diarrhoea and just splatted out posts all over the place.
We were so well rewarded at the other place until everything fell apart. Same thing with Squidoo.
• Walnut Creek, California
I take it you read my "constipation" post at "that other site." I never did get "the runs" over there because I didn't want to expend that much effort for so little reward.
@boiboing (12881)
• Northampton, England
@TheHorse not that I know of.
I just try to do all I can to be active here. If I can master that Then I am doing myself a good service.
It is time consuming to be interactive, so one needs a lot of free time.
@marlina Yes, which not all of us do unfortunately.
@gabs8513 (48715)
I will only do a Discussion when something goes to my head lol I don't mind answering to Comments though either
@sofssu (14447)
Its seems others comments weigh much more than your comments on your discussions.
@Trensue (5253)
@sofssu I would assume that is correct. Afterall, talking to yourself rarely pays off. LOL.
@sofssu (14447)
@Trensue I was talking about your responses to others comments.. I guess I haven't worded it quite right.
I have noticed that too. I feel like my comments get drowned out by everyone else's at times.
@Trensue (5253)
I don't really have a set plan. I guess simply answering follow up to comments would get redundant. I have not been back long, so I am still trying to figure things out. I tend to stop by most recent, because at least those people may be here right now. I do spend some time in no response, because that seems like a lonely way to leave people hanging. Good luck with your journey.
@mommaj (22891)
I sometimes find the no response posts interesting. I do that too because I hate having posts without responses.
I always check the "most recent" discussions also.
@mommaj I don't really go to the "no responses" ones.
@ridingbet (59427)
I like to post anything I find good for me, even though it might seem nonsense, like my latest about the hermit.
Good for you, keep posting more discussions. It's fun for us to read.
@yalul070 (1750)
• Manila, Philippines
i have yet to establish a pattern. haven't really thought of that actually. i'm just enjoying my time here while i can
I was just reading your discussion about Bubblews. What a shame!
Yes, I've noticed that, and it's particularly apparent as we are able to get a breakdown of our daily earnings. I definitely earn more on the days I post.
Another confirmation that I am right on this topic.
I mostly answer posts written by people who answer my own. That´s what I call interactio. But I have some better days and some not good at all as money goes.
I guess we all have some days that are not too good financially speaking.
@scheng1 (24742)
I do not keep track. I just comment on discussions that I am interested in, even if the discussion was posted years ago.
@zandi458 (27952)
Thanks @scheng1 for resurrecting my old posts. Those old posts need someone to comment or like to bring them out of the store.
• Uzbekistan
I've read that there are people who nearly only earn by liking and commenting other members' posts. Obviously they can also reach their aim.
@Trensue (5253)
It is nice that there is enough variety that it seems to be working for everyone.
• Walnut Creek, California
I try to strike a balance. I'll post a post, and then do some reading and commenting, as I'm doing now. I should experiment by having a day when I don't post anything, but leave lots of comments and get actively involved in lots of discussions.
@Dalane (700)
I enjoy seeing the new posts more than writing new ones myself. Maybe I should do an experiment and have a day where I just post and a day where i just respond to other posts.
I start several discussions daily. I think we are all used to doing that from other sites.
@Trensue (5253)
@AbbyGreenhill What is the average number of discussions you start every day?
@Trensue Probably 4 or 5 I don't count them!
@gudheart (12741)
I do both. I read new posts and respond to comments.
• Troy, Michigan
i'm new here, so, I have no clue as to how it all works yet, hope some money rolls in though
• Lucknow, India
I keep both things at the top!! I will read the discussions from my followers and also new ones!! But I will make sure to keep posting discussions!!!
@wolfgirl569 (10111)
• Marion, Ohio
I have not been too active here since I signed up, but on othr sites I have noticed that happens. We all need to post or there will be nothing for anyone to read and comment on
I think you are right. Some, whose posts are read by many earn more. As for me I do not get many readers as my posts get buried deep down both in explore and people. The very same topic posted by someone else who is not in that active time zone will not get readers as many as those who post that same toipicin that active time zone. There is one reader here who always gets more than 30 to40 responses to their post and the post is not something so great. The very same topic posted by others hardly get any responses. But the less one tries to analyse this the better it is for one's soul