Home safely

We stayed at my brother's house last night. He works overnight, and when he returned home he said trees were breaking and limbs were falling everywhere. We left his house in freezing rain, had some dry miles and then took my sister in to McPherson. Everything was icy and slick. Many churches have cancelled services for tomorrow. I wanted to make sure to touch base and let people know we arrived safely home. I feel very thankful for all that I have, all the people I visited with, and very thankful to be home now, and getting ready for an evening in.
Well, cuddle up and enjoy something warm.
Hot shower as well. I have the heated mattress pad on the bed turned on and the extra heater in the bathroom. It is so nice to be able to enjoy those types of luxuries.
@PainsOnSlate (20525)
I lived in McPherson for a year, but then I lived all over the state. In Garden City I laughed out loud at the first snow fall I saw, they use road graders to plow the town. I drove my car to work and I was the only one on the road, the flower shop I worked in never opened so I left tracks all over the place just for fun.
I always wondered if we had ever run into one another. Garden City is out there by Colorado, sort of. I did census out in that area.
@GardenGerty we might have run into each other at one time..I've lived in Ottawa, Manhattan, Hays, Liberal, Pratt, Independence, McPherson, and Garden City. Garden city was the last stop before Canada. We haven't been back since we moved to Canada in 1985.
Thanks for letting us know that you are all safe and safely at home.
Hoping all my friends are safe and warm as well. The weather turned nasty.
I am glad you are safely at home, it's terrible to drive when there is ice on the roads.
My husband grew up with much worse conditions than this, but we really worry about the other guys.
@silvermist (20116)
@GardenGerty Glad to know that you are safely back home.
That must have been an ordeal. But that feeling you get when you have gone past those hurdles is a welcome feel.
@salonga (27955)
Good to know you have been safe and now home at last despite the freezing rain. Have a good sleep and sweet dreams.
There is something cool about going out and having fun. There is something special about getting home and sleeping in your own bed. I slept out last night and tonight I am home loving it. I hope tonight your doing well. Take care.
@garymarsh6 (14430)
Glad you arrived home safely and to hear you had a great thanksgiving!
@gudheart (12741)
Glad to hear you had a nice time. Nothing like being back home though :D
I am glad to hear that you made it home safely, especially in such potentially dangerous weather conditions.
I am glad you got home safely, that is the important thing. =)
Very glad that you made it home safely. The frozen rain and the ice can be very bad.
@scheng1 (24742)
I pity those who still have to go to work in such weather. I hope that they get paid adequately for the effort. Hopefully the weather will turn out better for the whole month until winter is over.
Glad you dodged the dreadful weather. It can be very frightening and tiring coping with such conditions.
@Lucky15 (33698)
I wanted to experience winter..now i am thinking about it. Glad you got home safe and sound
@Ponder243 (198)
Oh my! That sounds horrible! I would have been a nervous wreck! I am not looking forward to this weather at all! I'm glad you made it home safely with no mishaps!
@ridingbet (59427)
I am glad you are safe home now. It is really disturbing when a member of the family is outside the house while the weather is displaying its anger.
gotta love crazy winter weathers glad u are safe!
Glad to hear you made it home safely. I hate driving in the ice.