The Storm Has Passed

Portland, Connecticut
We had a very stormy morning with torrential rain, strong winds and crashing thunder. By noon the skies had cleared and we were able to go out to get a bite to eat and do a little shopping. We have another cold snap coming and the weather Saturday and Sunday is expected to be in the high 50s. I feel very bad for my friend in Virginia who is going to be slammed with more than 2 feet of snow. At home there will be some snow but not much. about 3 inches which is a lot less than originally predicted. What sort of weather are you expecting this weekend?
That snow is headed right here to me. I am now sitting here waiting for the blizzard of 2016 to hit me.
Stay warm and safe. I hope you are well prepared.
@Elizaby (3562)
• Pensacola, Florida
Keep warm and safe.
• Portland, Connecticut
I hope you have plenty of provisions and heat to get you through.
We are getting what you already had, but without the thunder, so far. The rotten thing is that the tide is coming in.
• Portland, Connecticut
It was a monsoon for a while, our front yard was a lake again. If we had a basement I would be worried about flooding. I hope it passes soon for you too.
@BelleStarr It fizzled out, thank goodness. I have been in a monsoon, and this was pretty close.
• Rochester, New York
Unfortunately we're expecting more snow. :(
• Portland, Connecticut
I have to admit I am not missing the snow.
The storm returned this morning! Go away!!!!!!
• Portland, Connecticut
It hasn't arrived here yet but it is overcast and dreary. It is supposed to rain tomorrow too!!
@BelleStarr It WILL get better!
I can see that the storms there in your place isn't as strong as the typhoons that comes into our country . Typhoons here can really destroy even concrete houses and when there's rain along with it for sure there will be flood .
• Portland, Connecticut
I think that the tornados can be as strong but no, these were just minor compared to what has ravaged your country.
We always prepare for typhoons because they sure always passes by our country . A year can have as much as 16 typhoons in all.
No effect of your blizzard this part of the globe. Glad it is all over now.
• Portland, Connecticut
How is your weather? Where in India are you, surely the north is much colder than the south.
@BelleStarr You are right. The north does get snow. I am in the South
We are having mild weather. Still cold, but no snow, for which I am happy because I am not one for big snowfalls.
• Portland, Connecticut
No me either, last winter I turned into a hermit.
@BelleStarr I would probably do that if I didn't have to venture out to go to work.
@pgiblett (6603)
Cold but no snow here in Southern Ontario, hopefully this passes us by and stays in the coast (not that I wish anyone to suffer).
• Portland, Connecticut
Well the US certainly was pounded and right now at our winter home in Florida it is going to be rainy for a couple of days.
@pgiblett (6603)
@BelleStarr I know you were, but thankfully the storm is moving away now. the UK will git it very soon.
@LeaPea2417 (18415)
• Toccoa, Georgia
We had snow late yesterday. We were a part of that huge winter storm to hit the East Coast, but luckily our sleet and snow was minimal. At the most we have two inches. It was very pretty to wake up to. And luckily we didn't lose our power.
• Portland, Connecticut
I know where my brother is in Georgia. a little snow brings everything to a screeching halt!!
@LeaPea2417 (18415)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@BelleStarr Yes, one inch of snow can bring everything to a halt and schools will close for as little as one inch here in the South.
@KristenH (22686)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Cloudy weather with temps in the 20s. No snow and rain until next week.
• Portland, Connecticut
Well that is good news.
@KristenH (22686)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@BelleStarr It is for now.
We are still having sun, cold mornings, but sunny days. The rain and the snow have forgot this part of the world.
• Portland, Connecticut
lol well this weekend it certainly has not forgotten the mid-Atlantic United States.
@BelleStarr It seems we are going to have rain the next week-end, I should try a "rain dance".
@sueznewz2 (9633)
• Alicante, Spain
Rain , rain and more rain.... probably.... I have a friend in fredricksberg virginia.... and she said they were expecting a heavy snowfall... I hope your weather settles down to the winter sun and warmth you hoped for....
• Portland, Connecticut
Oh yes your friend will get more than 2 feet of snow, my friend is just about a hour north of Fredericksburg. I hope we get a little of the warmth we came to Florida for but at least wee are not being snowed in lol. It seems you are having the same weather as us.
@sueznewz2 (9633)
• Alicante, Spain
@BelleStarr yes ...I think so too... but it is usual for us.in the uk... you are lucky in that you can look forward to the temperature rising ...
I'm just reading this now and the storm has passed. Thankfully our blizzard is over and the snow is starting to melt.
• Portland, Connecticut
Well we are going to have lots of rain today and tomorrow. It is a constant cycle I think down here!! lol
@Gillygirl (16767)
• Sutton, England
In the North of the UK there are dangers of storms and flooding but in the South it's supposed to be rainy but mild.
• Portland, Connecticut
I have been following the news about the north of England, they have had a lot of flooding since the fall.
@cintol (3473)
Our weekend was in the 60's which was really nice but we will get some snow today. Good thing you missed out on that big storm up that way or are you still in the path to get some of it?
• Portland, Connecticut
Right now I am at our home in Florida but in Connecticut we got about 8 inches at my house so only a glancing blow. My friend in Virginia has 30 inches, she is really snowed in.
@gudheart (12763)
I have been seeing the snow on the news and it looks awful. We had bad snow a few weeks ago but not as bad as that.
• Portland, Connecticut
Oh yes the UNited States will be digging out for several days for sure.
@bluesa (13432)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
We had, crazy winds, rain and thunder, but that is our summer storms, and yesterday we had the most gorgeous heavy summer rain that we have had in a long time. I hope that all those being hit by heavy snow or bad weather will be okay @BelleStarr , I hope the weather remained calm by you after the storm passed.
• Portland, Connecticut
It is now quite cold here in Florida but that too will pass. We will be warm again in a few days.
we have bright sunshine, but the temperatures are quite cold
• Portland, Connecticut
We have not seen as much sunshine in Florida as one would have expected. I need my sunshine to be happy!!
@simone10 (21697)
• Louisville, Kentucky
We had a lot of ice but very little snow. The storm came through on Thursday night and most everything is melted by now. We do have some areas that the sun doesn't get to that is still covered in ice.
• Portland, Connecticut
We are expecting lots of rain, I am nit exactly sure when it will arrive but soon if my knees are any indication.
@bunnybon7 (34870)
• Holiday, Florida
it been pretty nice for a rizona
• Portland, Connecticut
Yes that is one place we did considered when looking for a winter home but the flight would be a lot for us.