Who's Here from Persona Paper, Bubblews, Yahoo?

My original pen and ink drawing of an angora with an orchid
@AliCanary (1762)
Hi, everyone. My name is Ali, and I am new, here. I'm not so new to online writing, as many people who may remember me from such sites as Bubblews, Persona Paper, Yahoo (all the way back to when it was Associated Content!) and even Bukisa can vouch. I'd love to get in touch with my friends from those places, so please let me know to connect with you. I love to write, but I am also an artist, and I may post about that from time to time. The illustration on this post is one of my pieces. I'm looking forward to getting into this new venture, and I hope to make lots of new friends as well as finding the old ones!
• Midland, Michigan
I was on all those places plus some extra not mentioned. I do remember you from bubblews and probably pp, but I wasn't on yahoo too much once it changed and not that often before that. I was also on squidoo, ehow, and videojugpages. I still have an account on hubpages and several articles there and I joined blogjob this fall although I don't have time to be everywhere, so that's collecting dust currently.
@AliCanary (1762)
I remembered you and have added you!
@pgiblett (6603)
Blogjob is not accepting for new members currently.
• Midland, Michigan
@pgiblett I saw you say that a day or so ago elsewhere. I got in before bubblews shut down with Kyla. She's still there, I believe and doesn't seem interested in checking this place out too.
@pgiblett (6603)
I was on Bubblews for a while. I am certain you will make new friends here.
@AliCanary (1762)
Thanks very much for your kind welcome :)
@AliCanary Hi. I remember you from Persona Paper. Welcome to myLot.
@AliCanary (1762)
@paigea - thanks !I'm following you :)
@Missmwngi (9609)
• Nairobi, Kenya
I was from Bubblews and persona paper as well I love your picture. You got the talent
@AliCanary (1762)
Thanks so much! I'm looking forward to doing more here.
@Missmwngi (9609)
• Nairobi, Kenya
@AliCanary Much welcome and you will really enjoy
• Pleasant Hill, California
I remember you from Bubblews. You knew me as Horse there. I got my start at Epinions. This is a nice site. It's supportive and the Administrators are honest. Here, getting involved in active discussions, whether your own or someone else's, is the way to go.
@AliCanary (1762)
I remember you and I'm glad to see you here. I was sad that you didn't join Persona Paper, but it's nice that we can connect again.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@AliCanary I think I signed up there, but just never got going. Were a lot of Bubblews refugees there? There are many here.
@AliCanary (1762)
@TheHorse Oh yes, quite a few, although a lot of people signed up and did not stick around because the pay was less. However, after Bubbs changed to an unknown pay rate, we actually made MORE, it's just that people didn't realize that. I wish more folks had joined!
love he cat drawing very good you are i ndeed an artist wow I was on bubblews then came here
@AliCanary (1762)
Thank you! I hope to make some more posts with some artwork. I'm glad you like it!
we will al ways b e glad o see your artwork good for you
@eagletrek2 (5108)
• Kingston, New York
I first started with my lot Then left when there was no More money follow some to Bubblews . Now I'm back on my lot.
@AliCanary (1762)
It definitely makes it more worthwhile to write when there is some reward involved!
Welcome to the site, it's fun here. I was on Bubblews, but none of the others you mention.
@AliCanary (1762)
Thank you for your kind words--I'm looking forward to making a home, here.
@DWDavis (10775)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Your drawing is superb. I admire your talent. I can almost hear the cat purring.
@AliCanary (1762)
Thank you very much! This was used as a greeting card design to raise money for the Pennsylvania SPCA when I lived up that way.
@UmiNoor (3477)
I'm from Persona Paper and I've met you over there. I've never met you in Bubblews or Bukisa even though I was a member of both these sites. Welcome to myLot. You'll enjoy it here and I must say you're quite a talented artist. The drawing is so magnificent. You should submit them for sale or make it into a cross stitch pattern and sell it on eBay.
@AliCanary (1762)
I do remember you from Persona Paper. I was on Bubblews under the name AliCat, although I had Ali Canary as my "full name". I was on Bukisa years ago, but I didn't do much with it, and I closed my account after they stopped paying. I had maybe about a dozen articles. posted. Thank you, I do sell my art in an Etsy shop called AllSortsofArt.
@LeaPea2417 (18464)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Hi, this is LeaPea2417 from PP. I also wrote on Bubblews when it existed. I never wrote for Yahoo.
@AliCanary (1762)
Oh hey, good to catch up with you here!
@RonElFran (898)
• Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Persona Paper, Bubblews, Yahoo: I've written for all of them. RIP! There's probably a whole colony of us refugees here on myLot now. Welcome, Ali.
@AliCanary (1762)
Good to see you here, Ron!
• Austin, Texas
@AliCanary - I'm sure you remember me too! Glad to see you're not only still writing but still producing fabulous art as well. I was just looking at your painting of Felicity Fox the other night.
@TheSojourner (17493)
I am glad to see your name here. You help keep me sane!
@AliCanary (1762)
I intend to continue doing so, for your benefit and on behalf of the innocent general public ;)
@AliCanary Sssssshhhhh! You'll blow my cover! ;-)
@Platespinner (16791)
I'm sure you'll see lots of familiar folks around here! Welcome aboard!
@AliCanary (1762)
Thanks! We haven't had much of a chance to visit since the Bubblews days, where I was AliCat.
@AliCanary yes I remember AliCat lol
So good to see you. Welcome here. No.I will not tell you where I am from because I want you to connect with me as a myLot member
@AliCanary (1762)
LOL, I recognize you from your writing--and commenting--style!
@AliCanary You are smart
@Jackalyn (6616)
• Oxford, England
Waves hands in air. HappyLady is here as Jackalyn. HELLO!
@AliCanary (1762)
Hey, good to see you here!
@Jackalyn (6616)
• Oxford, England
@AliCanary And good to see you too!
• Japan
I was on Bubblews as pentatonicscale with the same avatar.
@AliCanary (1762)
I'm not sure I knew you then, but I'm glad to meet you! That's an interesting username--are you into a cappella singing?
I migrated here from Bubblews. you certainly have artistic talent
@AliCanary (1762)
Thanks for the kind words!
@freak369 (4827)
I have been a member of MyLot for ten years - and that still blows my mind. I was on AC / Yahoo, Eps, Bubblews, PersonaPaper and a couple of others. I let out a hearty laugh when I see someone from the other sites surface here .. I'm like "what took you so long?" LOL
@AliCanary (1762)
Wow, ten years is a long time--I started on Associated Content in 2008, and I thought THAT was forever ago! I guess this place has real staying power. That's great!
I just joined up today and have been seeking out those from PP. You are the latest I have found. Adds to a comfort zone in this strange new land.
@AliCanary (1762)
Hope you are getting your "sea legs" a bit more, at this point--we're learning together!
@Inlemay (16470)
• South Africa
I am here
@AliCanary (1762)
Pleased to meet you :)