Today I went out of the house for the first time all week.

@Bella128 (2480)
Because I've been rather sick lately, due to allergies mostly, I haven't been getting out of the house at all. Well today I finally did! I am feeling much better than I was but I know I'm still a little sick. I haven't needed to take any medicine today though, not even cough drops, so I'm VERY happy about that. How are you doing? Are you suffering from seasonal allergies like I am right now?
I tried to blame my sneezing and scratchy throat on allergies, but alas, it is a nasty head cold. During the spring I suffer from seasonable allergies and have to take medication in order not to have them overwhelm me. Last year I was down for the count until I started using a nasal allergy spray.
@Bella128 (2480)
I tried the nasal spray but it's just too invasive for me. It's rather difficult to shoot it where it needs to go I find.
@Bellatricks I wasn't a big fan of it until my allergies were unbearable. I couldn't breathe at all through my nose. It was terrible.
I have to use Nasonex everyday this time of year or I would be totally miserable.!!
@Bella128 (2480)
I only use medicine as a last resort. I had to this time but I don't generally like using it because it makes my heart race.
@Bellatricks I suffered for many years and finally just said "no more" I take it when pollen is bad and then take a break.
It is so weird, but in our state of IL, still cold and gray, my eyes have started watering big time due to allergies. From where could those allergens be coming from in winter? Can they hide in the leaves that fell in the fall and now that the snow has melted, the leaves let loose with allergens? I love spring, but my allergies will be in full swing when that season rolls around.
@Bella128 (2480)
My friend that lives in Canada says there's something called snow mold where people actually get allergies due to the snow sitting around. I'm not entirely sure about that that is but according to him it's possible to get allergies in the winter.
@dodo19 (32900)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I'm glad to hear that you're finally feeling better, and were able to leave the house. I did the opposite. My kids didn't have school, and decided to stay home, as it's pretty cold outside.
Hi there when I do have the occasional sniffle, it is a clue for me that my immune system needs a boost SO I reach for that wonderful lemongrass Green tea and add the honey and garlic ! Hope all is well for you today @Bellatricks
@MGjhaud (20737)
good for you. hoping there wont be any more medicines for u. im doing well so far. my leg is broken and im on a fixator but hey life goes on. i dont feel any pain at the moment. its been a while since the last time i went out but hopefully soon.
so sorry to hear of this.Glad that you were able to get out and get some air.No I do not have any allergies.So far
me I have an all year round allery to dust and dust mites so I guess I help support the Benadryl cmpany lol as much as I use them, here in this tiresome retirement center we are not allowed tohave any medicatons in our room so foo on that Ijust keep my benadryl well hidden because its a necessity.I tried the dr prescribed way and the pharmy this center uses charged me f ull price and told me it would be cheaper for me to buy over the conuter so thats what I do and to hell with the r ule lol.