I Loathe The Ice Cream Man

@irishidid (8314)
When I was a kid we looked forward to the ice cream man in the summertime. With a dime you could get a treat and if you had a quarter you could get something really good. It was real ice cream, refreshing, cool, and tasty. You knew when he was coming around by the sound of the bell. Now you know he's in your neighborhood with the most obnoxious, annoy tunes that play over and over nonstop. The junk they sell can only be described as "frozen chemicals" that is not only horrible tasting but also leaves a nasty aftertaste and you practically have to take out a loan to buy anything. You know when they come around when you hear "La Cucaracha" blasting out or that really obnoxious one where someone is screaming "Hello" . Somehow I don't think of ice cream when a song about cockroaches is playing. I find the thought rather stomach turning to be honest.
haha ha ha oh my aching tummy I read and I reread and i had to laugh as the mexicans come around here and htat is what they play and yes most of the stuff is way over prilced they stop here as we are a r etirement center so a lot of ua like ice cream lol she did have drumsticks which are reasonablygood no synthetics in them b ut it cost me two and ahalf dollars
@irishidid (8314)
My kids always wanted the ones that looked like cartoon characters. Whatever they used to color it with tasted horrible.
As I recall the ice cream truck was a nice surprise during the summer time and never realizing how awful an after-taste might have been, just kept on enjoying the push ups or the sandwiches or even a swirled vanilla/chocolate cone but little did I know back then, that propylene glycol has been added to commercially offered ice cream for decades, I mean decades so I was eating it then and have never since 1990, eaten any commercially made ice cream UNLESS I am lucky enough to find one in our local Framers market made with only 4 ingredients (the milk, cream, sugar and natural flavoring from whatever fruit or nut they want to add
@irishidid (8314)
That's the best way to eat it. Fresh and natural.
But you know it is difficult to obtain the correct ice, a big enough bucket, the unpasteurized cream or milk and then finding non-bleached sugars or fruit pectines or real fruit--- so scarce @irishidid
@irishidid (8314)
@enlightenedpsych2 Well there's raw sugar. I guess that's close enough.
It's not the best choice for a song is it? Not really good for selling any sort of food!!
@irishidid (8314)
Not to mention it is insulting to the Hispanics who live here.
The song played by the ice cream man in our neighborhood is one annoying song too. It goes on and on and on and on! I used to love the guy as a kid, but could do without him now.
@irishidid (8314)
They don't even shut it off when they are serving customers here.
Not to mention the ice cream man is always the creepy killer in movies!
@irishidid (8314)
You mean like this one?
Don't fuck with the Ice Cream man This video in no way belongs to me
After school - I would always stop by the ice cream truck and buy some veros to enjoy on my walk home.