Diary Wednesday 30th March 2016

Photo taken by me – my 2016 diary
Preston, England
I had an early morning job interview with a company I have little desire to work for as the work involves phoning people about bank PPI claims which many, myself included, consider a nuisance call. The interview is a mandatory one organized by my welfare advisors who would stop my benefits if I failed to go to it. They even arrange for the interview to take place at the welfare offices to see if I attend. Imagine their embarrassment therefore when I turned up but the interviewer didn’t. It’s the third time he has failed to turn up for such arranged events. I spoke to the welfare team who were very apologetic though it isn’t their fault, and I don’t need to see them again for two weeks now. Whoo! Arthur Chappell
@Asylum (48224)
• Manchester, England
I am all in favour of the insistence that people should apply for work, but promoting such a job is completely unacceptable.
• Preston, England
That's the dole for you - a few years ago they had to back-peddle from trying to force unemployed girls from taking up lap-dancing in seedy nightclubs
@Asylum (48224)
• Manchester, England
@arthurchappell The system needs to be amended and should only include respectable forms of employment.
• Preston, England
@Asylum it certainly leaves room for improvements
@Blondie2222 (22580)
Well that's good you were smart enough to show up but stupid the interviewer did not. Glad you don't have to go back to welfare office for 2 weeks now i bet you are relieved.
• Preston, England
@Blondie2222 the time will go quickly for sure
@Blondie2222 (22580)
@arthurchappell yes your right it usually does
@slund2041 (3375)
I bet they were apologetic. Sounds like the one trying to interview you, needs to find a new job.
• Preston, England
@slund2041 they should stop him from being allowed to interview on their site as he is causing them so many problems
@slund2041 (3375)
@arthurchappell Yes, I can see that. It sounds like it has happen repeatedly. It doesn't look good for them.
@arthurchappell It is disturbing that the interviewer didn't show! Do they pay for the costs associated with coming when this happens?
• Preston, England
@Berniezeitler their office is just a ten minute walk from home for me so no expenses incurred - they do cover costs if travel to an interview they organize is involved
darn? lol, what a great result! I mean annoying you had to go, but yay for him not showing!!
@Ronrybs (7433)
• London, England
Sounds like a company I wouldn't want organising my PPI claim!
@Macarrosel (7540)
Seemed the interviewer didn't do his job properly. Well, you have two weeks to feel relieved.
I once got called in for an interview, and the guy who was supposed to interview me was off that day. I'm was not too happy.
• Preston, England
@teamfreak16 not nice that they couldn't let you know - a simple phone call / text is all it takes
@arthurchappell - You'd think so, wouldn't you. Apparently not.
@1hopefulman (32484)
I guess you were not disappointed that he did no show up for the appointment.
Whoo that was great really then Arthur. You didnt want that meanie job anyways lolz
Yes, given another two weeks before you have to see the welfare folks again is a big relief! You did get to show them that you are the responsible one!