Planning to go to the beach this weekend

We are going to the beach for the first time this year this weekend. We get a sportfishing beach buggy pass and actually drive our SUV onto the beach. We are going with a group of family and friends (all of whom have their own beach buggy passes). I can't wait to kick off the beach season and, most of all, get my feet onto the sand!
I have been putting the bug in my sister's ear about us heading out one Saturday morning and heading to Maine. We need a beach day. Problem is that it is to cool just yet to sit on the beach.
@DWDavis (11230)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
You could sit in a quaint seaside coffee shop with a nice view of the beach.
It is going to be 85 on Sunday here. That's plenty warm for us to head to the beach.
@DWDavis I would dress accordingly and stroll along the ocean's edge. So love the ocean. Very therapeutic for me. If I could sit outside of the coffee shop so I could hear the sound of the waves it would be okay.
OH that's exciting. I wish to go the beach again hopefully any time soon but I guess it won't be possible.
• Manitou Springs, Colorado
Have fun! You earned it!
That sounds great if you actually drive onto the beach. I don't think you can do that on the beaches in England.
Makes it easy to bring all of your stuff: chairs, umbrella, fishing equipment, etc.
@NJChicaa Yes I can see it would be worth paying for the privilege of being able to do that.
@DWDavis (11230)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
What a great way to spend the weekend. My wife and I have already started camping season with two weekend trips. We will be heading to the mountains a week from Saturday for a week.
Spending the day on the beach is as close to camping as I get! hahahaha
@DWDavis (11230)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@NJChicaa We plan to go camping near the beach next fall after the crowds go home.
Ihavent been to the beach in a long longilme and only live four miles from Newport beach but gettingaround on a walker is hard on sand loll loll
I believe it. You should get your son to take you there in a wheelchair. There's nothing like the beach.
Yeh, this year I was a little anxious to get started, but was lucky that it got warm faster then usual:)
Wow the last time I have been to the beach was in 2004.
@EddieHands (30366)
Going to the beach is a great idea! I want to go also.
@Teep11 (6184)
Sounds like fun.It's that time of year that people fill the beaches. Have a good time.
How much fun is that going to be! Way to go! Have a great time.