What is Your Excuse for Being Late to Work?

@zebra2222 (4894)
In the past, I have offered some humorous excuses for being late to work. Now I will turn the matter over to you. What is your excuse for being late to work? I'm looking for creativity here. I don't want to hear about the alarm clock that didn't go off. I don't want to hear about oversleeping. Here is one example of good old fashion creativity. I was late to work because my dog jumped in my bed and knocked me to the floor. As I was getting up, I stumbled over my feet and landed head first into my inflatable Batman doll. "Holy headache," I said. My wife went to the aid of my inflatable Batman doll. She told me that the Batman doll was more than a man than I was. We got into an argument. Then the baby was crying. I went to change the baby's diaper. Just then the doorbell rang. "Would you like to buy some Girl Scout cookies?" Who sells Girl Scout cookies at seven o'clock in the morning." My wife took care of the baby. I bought some cookies. I ate one cookie and chipped my tooth. I was in pain. I had to rest my head for a few minutes. My problems went on and on. All I can say is that I rushed right over here and almost struck a swan."
@EddieHands (33099)
Well most of the time my excuse, is that I was sleeping!
@zebra2222 (4894)
That is the most likely reason for being late.
@EddieHands (33099)
@zebra2222 yes that and getting mcdonalds breakfast lol
@zebra2222 (4894)
@EddieHands Okay, you've got to eat and stay alert.
love it. I used to work in the library and came to work early so had key to back door.I was late as my husband put the key in a door not realizilng it was the key to my work place and went out to the store I had to wait for him to get back then hurried over Im sorry you all are waiting to get into the libray yes maam next time I will put it where I can find it.oh sorry did not know I was this late so I open the door my boss turns off the two alarms.she tells me she will give the key to another person and can come half hour late. oh my why did she do that. now Im hurt. lol lol oll I rest my case my boss was mean as I did not mean to be late. lol.
@zebra2222 (4894)
It wasn't your fault..Things happen.
@rina110383 (23629)
None, because I've always been an hour early.
@zebra2222 (4894)
Good for you. No excuse necessary.
@EddieHands (33099)
You are a good kitty! You are always on time meow :-)!
@rina110383 (23629)
@EddieHands I've always been a time conscious employee.
I was driving my Jaguar, and lo and behold, the silver Jaguar hood ornament flew right off my car into a clump of weeds. It took me two and 1/2 hours, with the help of several policemen who wondered what some lady in a suit and heels was on her hands and knees in the tall weeds, to find that hood ornament of mine. Of course, all know that the Jaguar hood ornament is no longer attached to that make of vehicle, and therefore, a treasure it was. The price for selling my used Jaguar one fine day would diminish dramatically without that hood ornament. That is why I was late.
@zebra2222 (4894)
Outstanding. That is the prize winner of excuses. Good job.
@zebra2222 I did have a Jaguar years ago, and I would dream that something bad happened to it. I never had a luxury car before, and I was so afraid someone would steal the Jaguar hood ornament.
@irishidid (8152)
The Triple Feline Threat. I ride with my son to work and was headed for his room to wake him up. His room is by the kitchen so as I was going the cats thought it was breakfast time, they rushed towards me, walking around my feet, meowing. I tripped over one of them (I'm pretty sure it was fat one), hit my head on the freezer. When I came to it was ten minutes to eight!
@zebra2222 (4894)
That's a pretty good excuse. Just don't let the boss inspect your head for a bump.
@Plethos (4846)
i once said my car couldnt find its shoe because it over slept..