Fall has Arrived Time to Get Out the Warm Socks

Well, it is feeling like fall here. I saw steam rising in the morning air off of our pool. It is so cold that I have gotten out my socks. I mean the gold toe full-size socks, no low socks inside my Converse. I even put on a sweater this morning, it was colder in the house even than outside and I refuse to turn on the heat in September. It actually feels good to wear long pants and a long sleeve shirt. It has been a while. Pretty soon I will have back my straighter winter hair, I can't wait. How is the weather in your neck of the woods?
It's been cooler here and I did get out my long sleeved tops just in case I need them.
I am sitting here with a long sleeve shirt on and socks for sure, it is brisk!!
@BelleStarr Hope it gets warmer! what is the temperature? it is supposed to get to 59 tonight here!
@sueznewz2 (10156)
• Alicante, Spain
it was a grey day here in the UK ... but not cold.... but I'm usually in spain and it does not get too cold in our part of spain... and like you I love wearing long trousers and lovely warm cosy socks....
I find that when my feet are warm, the rest of me also feels warmer.
@sueznewz2 (10156)
• Alicante, Spain
@BelleStarr same here...
@sishy7 (27592)
Cold, rainy, windy... Possible thunderstorm on the way... Doesn't feel like Spring at all...
It is the same here and it does feel like autumn!! lol
I actually shut my bedroom window last night for the first time since March or April.
Yes same here, I noticed that my hubs has closed the bedroom window and taken the fan out of the window, a sure sign summer is over.
@rina110383 (24065)
It just rained. Now, it's a bit cold outside, which is good.
It is quite cold here but at least the sun is out this morning.
• Uzbekistan
Your hair is straighter in winter? How so?
@FayeHazel (22123)
Mine does that too, it may be because there is less humidity in the air - the humidity makes my hair curl more.
• Pune, India
@FayeHazel Same here! My hair don't stay straight due to humidity and moisture in the air. They get bit frizzy and difficult to manage during sudden weather change..
• Uzbekistan
@desitunes I haven't noticed a difference in my hair structure according to humidity.
@miniam (9228)
• Bern, Switzerland
Im 44 so at that hot flashes age, l still dont need a sweater or jacket but in the mornings i see everyone in their warm jackets already
I never had hot flashes so that didn't help me and I was more like 55 when I went into menopause.
@miniam (9228)
• Bern, Switzerland
@BelleStarr Be glad,hot flashes are horrible,horrible,went into menopause here at 40,sad really,as l was waiting to start a family,then my marriage broke up when l was 35,so l was alone till l re-married at 42.Just said,well, one of those things.
@divalounger (2247)
I love fall! It is my favorite season! But we are not there yet. I live in the SF Bay area and we are in the middle of a heat wave--at 91 degrees yesterday--so your post makes me long for fall all the more!
We are having SF weather, rainy right now and a little raw. It has been a long hot summer all over the country.
@BelleStarr We are having the first moisture of the season today although there isn't enough to really call it rain
Jacket weather here. I wore socks for the first time yesterday. I have a long sleeve shirt on today. A bit nippy out there and the breeze is blowing the trees. Looks like rain. I'm not putting the heat on yet either. Though I will need to put the cover on the A/C.
I have a hoody on today even inside, it is in the 60s.
@BelleStarr 60's here too and I'm starting to take more than one shower to stay warm. I'm still refusing to turn on the heat.
It's pretty cool here as well, it's 57 here right now at 7:20 am which is already too cool for me for this time of year. Look like I'd better buy some socks, I don't have any but I'm thinkin I'll buy some cuz I might just want to keep my feet a bit warmer.
I find if my feet are cold, my whole body feels cold.
Me too @BelleStarr but usually it's not that cold here til around Christmas, guess it's gotten an early start.
@PainsOnSlate (20845)
Its cold here. Yesterday I ran to the Y for water aerobics and was in my cut offs and a jacket. I wished I'd put long pants on but I've been painting like a wild woman. (cut offs don't care if they get paint on them) Delivering again today to Niagara On The Lake. Thankfully, the tourist season should end shortly , then I'll have time to play with my myLot friends... We have a electric fireplace (low electricity use), and it was on yesterday in our family room....
We have an electric heater on here tonight at the cottage to take the chill off the air, I don't want to turn on the propane furnace yet.
@BelleStarr I hope you are enjoying being at the cottage..
@carebear29 (28941)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
It has here too. Even wearing double layer socks.
I think once we get used to the warm weather we feel the cold more when it arrives.
@carebear29 (28941)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
@BelleStarr Yeah they are asking for a warm up again.
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
It's hot and dry, it is a little cooler but we still need ac.
I am so glad to turn off the ac and the fans and just lead the cool air come in
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I'll be glad when we can turn ours off, the electric bill is eating us up. @BelleStarr
@FayeHazel (22123)
Getting colder here too. I wore a tshirt and a hooded sweatshirt and it was a bit brisk on my walk.
Yes I have started wearing my favorite hoodies again. It is rainy and cold here today.
@responsiveme (18277)
just when I was saying the weather got cooler its been an excessively hot day and sweating it out:( no sweaters out as yet.
We needed a sweater today it is cold and rainy.
@LoriAMoore (4702)
It's 76 degrees Fahrenheit and beautiful.
That sounds lovely, we are in the 50s and rainy!! and it is a cold rain.
Well it is not cool, but I am wearing long pants. We have had some rain on and off..It is kind of a cool humid week I think, but this weekend should nice. FYI I am in Virginia.
We are getting the rain now in New England and will have it for the next few days
It's cold from about 4/5 days, it has been cold since the first day of Autumn.
Not here, will still had very warm temps last week but now it is getting rainy and cooler and we need the rain.
@Hate2Iron (8161)
Definitely have gotten the socks out of the drawer and heavy sweater too. Flip flop and tank top days are over!
Yes I think they are at least for the time being. I am headed to Florida in January so don't want to put them too far away!!
Lol! I know what you mean by straighter winter hair. I don't seem to have that problem in FL for some reason. It's not quite as cold down here. Perhaps, being closer to the shore helps.
I actually have bangs again instead of curls, I am so happy lol