Chasing Sunsets

@flapiz (4160)
Australia
I went to a date on the beach last weekend. And we stayed there waiting for the sunset. It was cold and we were shivering wet but it was all worth it as we started seeing the sun kiss the night. I realised how long it had been since I last saw the sunsets and I feel like I have been too busy earning money that I forgot to appreciate all the beautiful and free things life can offer. When was your last sunset?
@DWDavis (11146)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
My last sunset on the water was on the river at the campground I consider my home away from home earlier this fall. I took several photos that evening and one heads up a post I made the other day. I love your photo on this post. It would make a great book cover.
@flapiz (4160)
It was beautiful. I had to look for it. Your photo was a lot better but I do like this photo too. My date took it candidly. Now I just need to write a book.
@DWDavis (11146)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@flapiz It could be a story about a young woman for whom one stage of her life is ending and she's longing for the next to begin. How does the title, "After the Sun Sets" strike you.
@flapiz (4160)
@DWDavis That's a beautiful title. I hope this new chapter of my life is me being a permanent resident of this beautiful place.
@pahak627 (4203)
Well, I could not remember when I last saw the sunset. Good for you, you have it just recently. Wish I could see it one of these days.
@flapiz (4160)
It's definitely worth the wait. It was soooo majestic. Wish you'd see a lovely one.
@pahak627 (4203)
@flapiz Yes, I will see it one of these days. It's nice to see it from the beach.
@flapiz (4160)
@pahak627 From the beach or from the mountain top.
Oh wow a good couple of months ago, taking the real time to hear it sizzle when it hit the water out by our great lake Erie shores . . .
@flapiz (4160)
I'm sure it was lovely. I was wondering why I didn't hear mine sizzle Cheers to more sunsets. Life is beautiful.
@flapiz yes life is beautiful and your presence on Earth makes it moreso !
@flapiz (4160)
@enlightenedpsych2 Awwww that's very sweet. And yours likewise.
@Madshadi (4732)
• Brussels, Belgium
I see sunset almost every evening through my window. On the beach, I can't remember. Must be really long ago since I last saw a senset there
@flapiz (4160)
Well I think it's time to reignite your sunset watching sessions.
@Madshadi (4732)
• Brussels, Belgium
@flapiz That would be amazing
@ms1864 (7002)
• Bangalore, India
yeah...we do get very busy with life.....and forget to appreciate such things. I think the last sunset i admired was 6 months ago...on a holiday.
@flapiz (4160)
Hey Manisha well at least you remembered when your last sunset was. I guess it's now time to see more of Mr. Sun.
@ms1864 (7002)
• Bangalore, India
true
It sounds absolutely lovely!
@flapiz (4160)
It was perfect. I could say it was my most favourite date. I could be alone and still say it was magnificent and breath taking.
@1hopefulman (20305)
I man fortunate that from my window I see the sunset every night. What a glorious painter God is!
@flapiz (4160)
Yes God is the most wonderful artist and nature is his big canvass. I am always grateful to be part of his creation.
The patio curtain is always open at that time so I see it daily. I also see the sunrise many mornings.
@flapiz (4160)
You are one lucky man. Sunsets have become a luxury for me since I almost always work the afternoons and on the next day I miss the sunrise because I was to exhausted from work.
@stbrians (11882)
• Kakamega, Kenya
You bring a very good point here. We all fail to appreciate nature. Some of us forget our homes in search of money. We need to come back to our senses
@flapiz (4160)
Hey there! Yep that's exactly what I felt. I became so aware of the disconnection we have for the world, society, and our families in the plight of trying to earn a living. It's very ironic how by earning a living we kind of forget how to really live.
Almost everyday I see the sunset. It's my favorite.
@flapiz (4160)
Wow Toni! You really do know how to live life to the fullest. I need to see it more frequently. It's a sight to behold.