I Found $50 whoohoo

Isn't it great when you find a gift card you forgot you had. That is what happened to me this morning when I was looking through my desk for something else. Lo and behold I came across $50 gift card for Barnes and Noble. How I never used this is beyond me cause I LOVE to buy books. Once I finish up what I have to do this morning I am going to online browse and see what new books are out and how many I can get for my $50. I'm hoping to find some sales or books that are now in paperback and cost less than the original hardcover. The nearest Barnes and Noble store isn't close to where I live so I'm stuck with online shopping. Don't get me wrong....I love online shopping. But, there's just something about a book store that makes me smile. It's like being in a store surrounded by friends. Oh how I love to read!! Are you a reader?
I'm with you on reading. The moment I finish one book, I'm on to the next. So happy you found that gift card! We went to Macy's a couple of weeks ago, and under my Macy's credit card was a $25 Macy's gift card. I forgot it was there. It was a pleasant surprise.
@LoriAMoore I don't buy clothes there. I did buy one Michael Kirsten white, cotton, strapless dress a couple of years ago. I love it, but most of the clothes kind of suck. I bought more undies and nightgowns for Florida and a new Keurig. The Keurig happened to be on sale. They carry Izod towels and bedding which we like. It's worth looking at.
@LoriAMoore You're welcome. It's just like shopping anywhere, except for Saks or Neiman Marcus. Lol!
A wonderful find, indeed. Yes, I am an avid reader.
That was lucky - does it have no expiry date? I don't read as much as I used to, I'm on here instead.
Nice! Oh how I would love to find a forgotten gift card like that (but I think I cleared out all the drawers last summer . . . not sure I would have any luck finding one unless it were tucked away somewhere). I love physical book stores too . . . it's a shame so many have closed down . . . Barnes and Noble is a bit out of our way too, as is other big book stores like that. Well enjoy hunting for good finds on books!! I am a reader, though not a novel reader.
@stbrians (11882)
• Kakamega, Kenya
I used to read a lot but not now. Maybe the gift card has expired. Have you checked?
@shaynas (5561)
It's really exciting to find some money or gift card that you have forgotten about. Enjoy your shopping
@nomus24g (16443)
@Jam4321 (589)
• Jamaica
I do love to read and sure enough that's a great find you have.
That is awesome! I would love to find a giftcard I didn't know I had. I do enjoy reading yes..I need to finish what I have now though so I can start another one..
What a wonderful find
@PurnaSharma (1768)
No one can steal you luck...the gift card is your,so always your's
@silvermist (15820)
That is woderful.Let us know which books you purchased with that gift card.By the way I too love to read
Before the Nook, I would love to go to Barnes and Noble and look at books and purchase them. Them they closed a really nice Barnes and Noble, not enough business but it was crowed every time I went. When the took out the chairs, people stopped going and went to another book store. I hardly ever go to Barnes and Noble . I read my books on my reader.
Yes I am and I love just going to the book store to look around.
@waflay (2729)
• Nairobi, Kenya
I do like novels, but I wanna switch to educationals books because I feel entertainment has an ending but education keeps revolving. Good for you.
It sure is nice to find a pleasant surprise like that! I'm a reader myself and like you I prefer to purchase books from an actual bookstore. A bookstore is my happy place that in times of sadness, a trip to the bookstore somewhat lightens my mood.
I was once a voracious reader. I've lost some of that zeal, but hope to regain it in the future. Now, I DO have a missing $25 gift card to Home Goods I look forward to finding some day!
Absolutely. Barnes and Noble is a store full of great friends waiting to meet for the first time or read over again. I hope you find some good books. What am I saying. All books are good. Enjoy.
I can understand the joys of being in a bookshop rather than just trying to find stuff online. Enjoy your shopping! Hope you gets dozens of books for your money. :)
@DWDavis (11146)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
What a great find! I hope you can find some good reads. I can suggest an indie author who would love for you to check out his River Dream series, available in paperback at Barnes and Noble online.