I needed that!

By MysD
@mysdianait (63950)
Italy
"What?" you might ask An hour of Rod Stewart! He was, is and always will be just smashing! I have wanted other things in the past too, even when I didn't have them, and fortunately I have friends who lent things to me. I then returned them of course. Well... not always There was that time that... when I had finished using what they lent me, I couldn't possibly have returned those items as they were not in the same condition as when I received them I did eventually end up replacing them with brand new items but... I used those too before I got round to returning them Then I forgot about them for a long time and had no contact with my friend during that time either. Recently we met up again and I was reminded that I still have not returned them The problem is that now... they are rusty! There is only one thing I want to do now... and Rod knows.... I don't want to talk about it Do you always return everything that you borrow? In the same condition that it was when you received it? Would you replace it if it broke while you were using it? Or maybe give the equivalent amount in cash so that your friend could choose something similar?
Rod Stewart & Amy Belle I Dont Want To Talk About It live Puedo decir por tus ojos... que probablemente has llorando por siempre Y que las estrellas en el ci...
Neither a borrower or a lender be.... I borrow from my husband, but that's a whole different story.
@mysdianait (63950)
Do you have to return things to him or is it all in the family? LOL
@mysdianait He takes it out in trade!
@mysdianait (63950)
@AbbyGreenhill The mind boggles
@Gillygirl (15260)
• Sutton, England
I don't really borrow anything I guess I'd replace or give cash if I had someone's possessions and they got rusty. I did use to nick my brother's records and forget to put them back in their sleeve. He used to go crazy.
@mysdianait (63950)
Oh I guess he did! I was so jealous of my records when I was at home and they followed me everywhere, until I moved here to Italy. I couldn't bring them all with me then and I have no idea what happened to them. My brother probably knows
@Gillygirl (15260)
• Sutton, England
@mysdianait My daughter used to borrow my clothes when she was in her teens. I didn't mind if she asked but she mainly helped herself. I had a lovely skirt with denim at the top and long white pleats. She cut half the pleats off and wore it. I was so cross at the time. I used to be mad about buying clothes so I think she thought I wouldn't notice.
@mysdianait (63950)
@Gillygirl She thought you wouldn't notice? I would have gone beserk in your place - but I don't have a daughter, only a son
Did you know Rod was a psychic? Back in the early 70's when he was with Faces, he predicted cell phones...
In the 70's, Rod was already telling people to "get your cell phone"
@mysdianait (63950)
Rod was so many things No I didn't know so I listened... and found out
@Jlyn10 (10437)
Have I told you lately that I love you? I think I'm worse than you, MysD. I sometimes never return at all. And my things were not returned to me either.
@mysdianait (63950)
Wow! So many surpprises today! So good to see you back! You have things to return on here too?
@Jlyn10 (10437)
@mysdianait Did I lend to you my whip?
@mysdianait (63950)
@Jlyn10 No you didn't lend it to me... that is something I have never got the hang of using ever You have lost it?
@dpk262006 (52840)
I try not to borrow any item from others, however, if I am forced to borrow and the item gets damaged, I would make sure that either I replace it or get it mended and also inform the lender about it.
@mysdianait (63950)
I take care with anything that I borrow too but recently I do seem to have a problem remebering things and I am late returning some items ti their rightful owner
@dpk262006 (52840)
@mysdianait you need to note it down somewhere or in a diary, if you are forgetting what you have borrowed from others, so that you do not lend in an embarrassing situation.
@mysdianait (63950)
@dpk262006 Yes that would be a good idea... j ust as long as then I don't also forget where I put the diary
Oh yes, I started reading this and then was not able to return here. When I browsed through your discussions looking for it, I overlooked this one. I do return things, and I try to return them in the same condition as when I borrowed them. I am still waiting for certain people to return some things, though, as they have not been replaced yet ... or maybe they were and have since been borrowed by another friend.
@mysdianait (63950)
If the things that you lent out had become rusty in the meantime, would yu want them back in that condition? Or would you prefer thetthe person concerned bought you new ones to replace them? In that case, would yu like to choose you own?
@mysdianait I would hope that they would take better care of them, so they didn't get rusty. However, in the case where they were rusty, I would prefer new ones. I would not want to choose my own, though, because that would involve shopping, and I normally do not like shopping.
@mysdianait (63950)
@purplealabaster Not even online shopping? You could do that from the comfort and privacy of your own home and then let the person concerned know your choiuces and they could order them and have them delivered to your door. If they had been unused for along time, mybe due to that person being in ill-health, then they could indeed have become rusty through no fault of the person who borrowed them
@pgntwo (20457)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
The ravages of time...
@mysdianait (63950)
Really?
@pgntwo (20457)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
@mysdianait I am reminded of a principle in a book I read many moons ago, The Practice Effect. I must dig it out and have a read through it again. Things got better the more you used them, unlike here where things weaken and fatigue through repeated use.
@mysdianait (63950)
@pgntwo BUte surely 'practice makes perfect' suggest the same theory? Here in Italy a coffee maker produces a better cup of coffee the more you use it and the older it gets, even though it is so obviously shabby, the tastier the coffee!
@Asylum (46351)
• Manchester, England
I can certainly live without hearing Rod Stewart.
@mysdianait (63950)
Well it was not compulsory to listen to him. What about all the rest?
@Asylum (46351)
• Manchester, England
@mysdianait I rarely have cause to borrow anything, but the situation arises it will be returned promptly.
@mysdianait (63950)
@Asylum That is what I always intend do to but sometimes I forget
@alberello75 (12083)
• Genova, Italy
Many times I have lent objects, then, with the passage of time, at the end, not even I took them back. The "stuff" that I like (electronics, informatics), "ages" very fast, therefore once (when I could afford it) I replaced with new material. And yes, I know what do you think, I'm not very smart, and you also have right!
@mysdianait (63950)
Sometimes we never learn from our mistkaes
@alberello75 (12083)
• Genova, Italy
@mysdianait My problem is which of these facts, I will realize, but always "next time," I repeat as if nothing had!
@mysdianait (63950)
@alberello75 Sometimes there is not a next time as it never comes.
We always return things we've borrowed and get a bit cross when others don't. Just sayin'....
@mysdianait (63950)
Yes that is understandable. I usually make a point of returning them immediately but sometimes I also forget. Not often but it happens
@mysdianait Two of my favourite books are missing off my shelf. I feel sure I have lent them to someone but I can't remember who.
@mysdianait (63950)
@JudyEv When that happens it is really annoying. I have also two CDs that I lent to someone but I have forgotten who too
@jhechorain (1234)
• Susanville, California
I have particularly been a fan of Rod Stewart myself. I usually don't borrow things from other people but when I do it isn't for long either. I would replace them if they were broken.
@mysdianait (63950)
I loved Rod right from the very begining. I loved his singing too
• Susanville, California
You had a crush on him didn't you? Or still do?
@mysdianait (63950)
@jhechorain I did I do?
@Daljinder (19583)
I don't borrow. I lent. When I lent I already am in the mindset that it is as good as gone. Though they came back and some didn;t, I didn't regret lenting. Except that one time I lent something of personal nature to a friend. It never came back. It didn;t have anything incriminating in that BUT it had taken me years to compile things in that diary. The hard work of those years lost bothered me more than the diary.
@mysdianait (63950)
Gosh you lent out your diary? That is something really personal!
@Daljinder (19583)
@mysdianait It wasn't a personal thoughts diary. It was a diary where I wrote song lyrics.
@mysdianait (63950)
@Daljinder It was stiill something very personal because you had written them
@louievill (15857)
"Me and the boys thought we had it sussed Valentinos all of us My dad said we looked ridiculous But boy we broke some hearts" It's something I cannot return in one piece can I MysD? But of course I was only joking my friend
@mysdianait (63950)
Have I told you lately that you always make me laugh?
@louievill (15857)
@mysdianait (63950)
@SAM774 (1990)
i return everything that i borrow .... if only i remember that i borrowed
@mysdianait (63950)
Yes that factor is a huge part of the equation indeed
@SAM774 (1990)
I love Rod Stewart too . Well, if ever the owner told me about a borrowed thing and i can't remember where i stored it , i would offer to just pay it or maybe buy a new one . Though , i always return borrowed things at once .
@mysdianait (63950)
I was good at returning things quickly when I was younger, Nowadays, like many other things, I seem to forget Yeah Rod Stewart is still so good!
@mysdianait That's understandable . Although , i am proud to say i am not forgetful when it comes to borrowed things .
I don't blame you. You should buy two. One to replace the one you borrowed and the other for yourself. Good song.
@mysdianait (63950)
I am not even certain that I need two as I never used that anymore of late. Yes I love that song
@mysdianait .....Well, not now.
I would always replace it if I broke it, I think it is rude not to.
@mysdianait (63950)
Yes it would be, but I would first ask if they wanted the equivalent amount of money so that they could then choose to buy it themselves
• Trinidad And Tobago
I love his music...it touches something in me. I don't borrow things a s a rule. And if I did, I return them immediately or as soon as I am finish. If it was broken, I replace it or pay for it. That's me.
@mysdianait (63950)
Not only his voice but the songs too are special. I usually return them sttraight away too but sometimes, sadly, I forget
@Morleyhunt (15383)
I would talk to the person...do they want it replaced...would they rather the money, or a replacement item....
@mysdianait (63950)
Yes I guess I had better ask them as I still don't really know which they would prefer
@tzwrites (3207)
I think it's important to return things but I guess if they're not asking about them...they are not so important to them.
@mysdianait (63950)
From that I deduct that .... if they are asking for them, then they are important to them Interesting.... especially if the person concerns knows that I now know that too