Warning: Avoid the "fake dead people" click-bait ads!

Pleasant Hill, California
You know those fake dead people click-bait ads that appear all over the internet? The ones that say something like, "The world mourns the passing of a favorite star" and shows a picture of The Rock or Bruce Springsteen? I used to think they were benign bullsh-t, kind of like Oprah crying. I clicked on one a few months ago, and it was an ad for a muscle supplement or something. Bruce hadn't really died, was just "reborn" because of the muscle supplement. Well, yesterday I clicked on one because I didn't recognize the dead star du jour, and I got some horrific "Your Windows Has Crashed: Call this Number Immediately!" kind of message. I manged to escape the thing and deleted my cookies before restarting my computer. There were a lot of cookies to delete, and I have no idea what kinds of garbage was being dumped onto my computer.But save yourself some trouble and don't dare click on those ads. By the way, does anyone know why Oprah is crying? I can't being myself to click on that one.
Oprah is crying because she foolishly gave up her talk show thus losing her influence and power and is reduced to weight reduction commercials.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I don't know that I ever actually watched her "talk show."
She has her own network called OWN.
@Asylum (46311)
• Manchester, England
That Windows has crashed or Your computer is corrupted can be a problem piece of malware for many people.
@Asylum (46311)
• Manchester, England
@TheHorse That is the intention, but it also refuses to exit the page until overridden.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@Asylum How does one "override" it? I can't remember exactly what I did with this one.
@Asylum (46311)
• Manchester, England
@TheHorse It usually just recycles through about 2 or 3 pages, so I have to close it with Task Manager.
@13tyates (1611)
There's always some new way people try to hurt your computer or take your personal information. Sad we have to navigate through all this garbage.
• Pleasant Hill, California
True. I wonder why some people have no consciences.
@13tyates (1611)
@TheHorse I'll never understand.
Thanks for the warning!! I think Oprah is crying due to the relief of losing 40 pounds.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Or the sorrow of gaining it all back?
@crossbones27 (14328)
• Redlands, California
Yeah, I also learned the hard with that. lol Oprah was crying because her boy Obama is out and the supreme leader Trump is in. lol
• Pleasant Hill, California
She must have known it was going to happen, since shes been crying for years.
How will we figure out what is real anymore? There is fake everything.
• Pleasant Hill, California
It's true. I haven't trusted even regular old news for several years now.
@PatZAnthony (11721)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
They are so terrible. People need to get JOBS and stop this nonsense.
that one drew me in too, but I dont remember why, some kind of cream I think