Hubby cooks breakfast= Smoke alarm,lol

One thing I dont like is where the smoke detecor is because when we cook it goes off,lol. I had to tease him this morning because he was making us all brunch and I was sitting outside having a cup of coffee and I heard it go off. One of my neighbors was outside and asked if we was ok and I said yeah hubby is just cooking,lol. He came out and said hey we all started laughing.Poor hubby is getting picked on today and I have a feeling I might in for it soon,lol. We are always joking around and pulling pranks on each other.
lol that is so funny. I know I have been known to set the alarms off a few times when I'm cooking that is why my fiance does most of the cooking..lol I tend to like things well done.
I told him that was for all the times he use to tease me,lol.
@AutumnSnow lol that could be it..pay back
Lol that would drive me crazy too. Hope you don't catch it too bad with his revenge!
LOL, It wont be I tease him all the time and tell him for every time he gets me I get him back double,lol.
Those silly smoke detectors...! I saw a cartoon once where a woman was yelling at her smoke detector..saying.."I'm just cooking."
I think I seen that one,lol. My son came in and said alright Im up,lol.
@Tina30219 (25804)
• Onaway, Michigan
Ours go off quite a bit also but not as much since I cleaned the oven. I hate when they go off and will not shut-up.
Yeah its annoying but I dont want to mess with it specially since the furnance and everything is in the basement and I cant climb those stairs.
@Tina30219 (25804)
• Onaway, Michigan
@AutumnSnow Right that is a job for hubby. I would say if it does it a lot make sure oven is clean and the broiler pan since I cleaned ours it don't do it at all.
In the kitchen is the ideal spot as many small insignificant fires can be easily curtailed so the placement is right while the temperature under the pan is obviously too high . . .
That is very true.
That's funnymaybe it could be moved away from the stove.
Thats what we are thinking of doing, lol.
It's better that you move the smoke alarm, at least you will know if there is a problem.
Yeah thats true.
@sishy7 (26707)
Gotta be on your toes and watch out for his come back now...
Yeah I know,lol
@nomus24g (16067)
poor guy...
LOL thats whats our neighbor said.
Can you locate the fire alarm somewhere else?
Thats what we are trying to figure out because it is so annoying. OUr kitchen is right off the laundry room and between that is the stairs leading to the basement where the furnance and everything is and there is a smoke detecor at the bottom of the stairs down there so the best I can figure is maybe move it to where it will be between the kitchen and the living room.