Do You Have An Adventurous Spirit?

I know that I'm more on the conservative side and I'm not much of a risk taker. My 22 year old grandson is definitely the opposite and loves adventure. Right now he's up in Vermont skiing and snowboarding. He does this maybe twice a year and has a ball. From the time he was about 8 I know he carried his skateboard with him everywhere. He loved to come to my house since I have nice smooth sidewalks and he would skate for hours. Now when he comes to visit I can hear him about a half mile away since he has a suped up Mustang. He loves fast cars in additional to all his other activities. Summer months are no exception and he'll go white water rafting and zip lining. Just recently he decided he was going to pursue a career as an airplane pilot. He has enough credits to enroll in a pilot school and I'm sure he'll be awesome. It's never a career path I thought he'd take but I can't picture him at a desk job at all. For me, the most I want my feet off the ground is when I open my recliner!!
The airlines need good pilots! He should go for it! I was an adventure lover in my younger days.....when I didn't worry about broken bones and such! Now I'm more laid back. I use my brain and mouth more now!
I kind of thought you had a bit of an adventurous side Abby
@Marilynda1225 Remind me to tell the skiing story one day!
@Lupita234 (7227)
lol thats great
• Portland, Connecticut
I am adventurous in that I love to travel to other countries and eat new foods but with my bad knees my sport adventure days are over.
@Lupita234 (7227)
love too
My bad knees keep me from doing lots of things but nothing crazy like my grandson. However part of me always had a secret desire to zip line
• Portland, Connecticut
@Marilynda1225 Me too and if the line to do it hadn't been so long I might have given it a go on the cruise ship.
He is one active 22 year old who loves adventure!!! I am not adventurous at all.
He is always on the go. I don't know where he gets it from
@Lupita234 (7227)
i love adventure drank and fight like a pirate here lol
I have never been a risk taker, I like a bit of adventure, but not to take risks.
Me either
@Marilynda1225 When I was younger I was ready to pack and go to see new places and countries. We never stayed in resorts but we loved to stay in small places to know more of the habits and costumes of local populations. When we noticed that some places were too dangerous, we moved to safer hotels. This is adventure without risks.
what he is doing is so much fun.I can recall this in my youth.
I can picture you doing all sorts of crazy things
Love your last line Marilyn ! Your grandson does sound adventurous and good luck to him in being a pilot. My two children have always been adventurous too, but then I was also when I was young.
@Lupita234 (7227)
i agree
Your adventurous spirit still comes through in your writing. I bet you were a handful in your younger days. Glad you enjoyed my last sentence
I am more sure and steady then adventuresome, but your grandson sounds like he's found the perfect job for his ways.
@Lupita234 (7227)
a great job
At first he was going to join law enforcement but I think being a pilot is more suited for his personality
I would have said yes if I were still in my 30s . . . but now having family, I feel like I have a lot to lose if I get injured or say if "the worst" happens to me. So I wouldn't like to take those huge kinds of risks anymore. In "spirit" only, I may be just that.
I like some adventure every once in awhile, but safe adventure these days lol and, funny about the recliner, you and me both haha.
@Lupita234 (7227)
i love get on stage and dance moshpit
We are recliner buddies TR
I'm certainly no risk taker, but we do love to travel all over the world. We've been in places between bombings and with armed guards as escorts. Lol! Both my sons are and my grandkids seem to be following in that path. My friend has a son who became a pilot. He flew her all over the world.
Being a pi!of does sound exciting. I never thought he'd be able to fly me around the world. That makes it even more appealing. You certainty have some exciting adventures with your travels
@Marilynda1225 Perhaps he will let me him a ride. Would you come, too?
@FayeHazel (5645)
Most of the time I'm more conversative, don't like risks, what if I make the wrong choice?
Sometimes I tend to over think things
@FayeHazel (5645)
@Marilynda1225 That's so frustrating, isn't it?
I am and I loved skate boarding and skating when I was a kid, water skiing till I hurt my tummy, hiking and all that. I would love to zip line! Yes even at 51 years old I would do it. Tony can fly an airplane and has many times but does not have his license. I think that is the perfect job for him, maybe that is why I like running my own businesses, I am a risk taker.
You strike me as the kind of person who's a free spirit. I certainty didn't know that Tony could fly. Did he ever take you anywhere? There's a part of me that would love to zip line but I probably wouldn't ever do it
@Gillygirl (12313)
• Sutton, England
Your son sounds like a real go getter. An aeroplane pilot would be an interesting career.
I think it suits his personality
Yes, he is definitely on the side of loving adventure!
@Lupita234 (7227)
i got a really wild spirit
I do not like to take risks at all.
I d not have the adventurous spirit- but my sister does.
Yeah I like the adventurous spirit and I do plan it getting time to do so
Oddly even though I have a fear of heights it never scared me to fly.
@thelme55 (7023)
I am not a risk taker. I have love to travel but only taking a plane ride is what risk I can take.