Have you ever been golfing or played mini golf?

The above pictures were taken on the weekend when my son and daughter-in-law took my grandson mini golfing for the first time. As you can tell he had a great time. He really enjoyed it. I love the picture of him with the golf club over his shoulder. It made me laugh. He was right into it. I have never golfed or played mini golf. Do you golf or have you ever been golfing before?
Oh my god, you've never doe either before?! Thats crazy! Here i live right behind a minigolf/driving range/arcade. And theres a bunch of mini golfs throughout the towns here. Grew up mini golfing at least once a week in the spring - summer. And tried hitting balls at the driving range a few times .. i suck at that though aha.
That is awesome. I use to take my kids when they were young but I never tried it
@Happy2BeMe its fun. Hope you get tolesst once with bf or grandkids
@Courtlynn I think I will make point of doing that sometime this summer
@PatZAnthony (11768)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Having done both and having decided neither is really my things these days, probably not going to be doing either one again.
Well at least you tried them both.
We had this kind of toy when my son was little. I haven't played golf before. Actually I am not interested in this sports because it is too relaxing for me. You can take the cart or even have someone who carries the golf clubs for you.
Yes it can be. It is not for me either.
Vince plays golf and we've played mini-golf a few times. Your grandson looks so cute - really professional!
Thanks
Those are such darling photos! He looks like a professional golfer. Lol! I used to play golf in college and at our country club. I do golf, badly, in Florida. My parents got me interested by taking the family mini golfing as kids.
Thanks.. that id cool. I had you pictured as a golfer.
@Happy2BeMe But as a bad golfer? Lol! I'm more into tennis and racquetball.
@DianneN lol not a bad golfer! I can see that I have played tennis but never racquetball.
I play mini golf since I was a little kid and I started playing golf in the 80's, I love both games.
That is great
@Happy2BeMe In Europe golf is a very expensive sport, while it's so easy to find a place where to play in the United States.
@LadyDuck It is quite expensive her too.
My parent took me mini golfing quite a few times when I was young and I hated it. I took my kids once and they didn't like it to much either from what I can recall. They don't like anything to do with the outdoors though. I had a really short fuse and was a very poor sport about losing when I was young.
I use to take my kids mini golfing. They liked it but I never tried it.
@Happy2BeMe I specifically remember going once on vacation with my parents and getting mad during a game and kicking a cinder block and since I had sandals on it ripped my toenail back. I learned my lesson I don't think I ever mini golfed again after that.
@shaggin ouch that must have been terrible. I can hear you screaming now!!
@Morleyhunt (14979)
Mini golf, I enjoy.....regular golf, not so much. When our children were small they all enjoyed playing mini golf...it a great way to spend time with your family. Thanks for sharing this and stirring many good memories.
You are welcome. I use to take my kids to play mini golf but I never tried it.
@Morleyhunt (14979)
@Happy2BeMe I've had a love -hate relationship with golf. My hubby convinced me to join him (I sucked at it), but I was willing to go along and try. Then we went to PEI for my brothers wedding and his Father inlaw suggested we golf at the place he frequents. They wouldn't even let me on the course because I was an "amateur". That was it for me and golf. Snob sport....at least in some circles.....I don't do snob.
@Morleyhunt yes some clubs are like that. I wouldn't be very good at it either.
He has the move of a golfer.
Lol that is what I thought too
I have done both, and I must say I am better at mini golf. I want to find someone to play par 3 golf with. That is kind of a combination of the two.
That sounds interesting
@LeaPea2417 (12682)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Yes, I have tried to regular golf but that was a joke, I couldn't hardly hit the ball at all! I have mini golfed before, that was easier. Now, my 21 year old son loves to golf. He was on the Middle School & High School Golf teams and loved it. He still plays it. He has a set of friends he golfs with when they are on their off days from work and school.
That is nice that he enjoys it and is good at it. I think I would be like you. It wouldn't be good. lol
@LoriAMoore (12603)
I've never golfed but I think I've played minigolf twice 40 years ago. I didn't enjoy it that much.
I will have to try the mini golf. I don't think I would do very well at regular golf
@rina110383 (21987)
Haven't tried playing golf but I would love to try it.
Me too
@ridingbet (33266)
your grand son really looks like a professional golfer with the picture of him with his golf club in his shoulder.
lol thanks..I thought that one was so cute
Yes I played all the time when I was growing up. its fun.
That is great
I have played miniature golf a long time ago.
Very cool
@FourWalls (8456)
I'm a professional miniature golfer. I can't do "the real thing" because of my health (we went to a celebrity golf tournament one year with the plan to follow Kevin Costner for nine holes and Bill Murray for nine holes...it was so hot and humid we didn't even make it through the first half of following Bill Murray around!), but miniature golf is perfect for me.
That would have been awesome to attend but ya I can see why you didn't follow them the whole nine holes. I would like to try mini golf sometime.
Miniature golf I think would be fun and have wanted to try it.
I would like to try it someday too.
Cute photo!! I have never been golfing but I have mini golfed a few times!
Thanks..that is great
@ilocosboy (25043)
Not yet but I really wanted to experience golfing.
It would be nice to try