The Killing of Poor Little Piggies

In the isolated places in Cordillera Philippines, the local tribes have distinct way of killing their animals. You might be surprised how they kill the wild pigs. The barbaric way is to hit the head of the pig until it dies and burn to remove the pig skin’s hair. Once it was done, they will normally butchered the pig. Next, cut pig’s meat into big slices. And then, they will clean and boil it with salt. If the meat is soft, then the perfect simple dish served to the local tribes. The local tribes are considered the hunters of pigs in the untouched mountains in their respective territories. They do prefer to eat wild pigs because it is tastier. Since wild pigs eat pure grasses in the forest. "Have you tried to kill a pig?" "Have you seen how to kill a pig?" Image Credit: Shavkat
@nonersays (2460)
When I was younger, my dad would sometimes buy a piglet. He would raise it until it was a good sized hog, then have it butchered. I never witnessed the killing, but would suspect its throat was sliced instead of being beaten over the head. Hog hunters around here hunt with packs of dogs that might tear the pig apart if the pack reaches the hog before the hunter arrives to shoot it.
The pack of dogs is so fierce. I was also surprised when they hit the head of the pig. In the city, we do have slaughter houses and do the same thing you had mentioned. I haven't seen it, too.
No and no!
Okay.
Yes, I have seen this and, very sad, it would seem a bow and, arrow would be quicker and, less painless.
I agree. I also find it weird for the local tribes to kill it. Some people even described how they kill it, "killing me softly." Image Credit: Shavkat
• Pamplona, Spain
Not ever been able to watch it ever. I know about how they do it but cannot see it or hear their cries.
It is not common to see in the city. I had seen some different way of butchering domestic pigs before, during and after the wedding a couple in the provinces.
• Pamplona, Spain
@Shavkat They were going to do one in a Village I was visiting and I had to leave the scene I could not take it.
@lovinangelsinstead21 I think I cannot also look at it directly. But the loud cry is so terrible.
No I have never tried to kill a pig. But I sure do love pork.
I haven't tried, I think it needs to much effort. I am also a pork meat lover, too.
Interesting post. I imagine that the mean is their main source of protein.
Thank you for appreciating it. You are right, my friend. The local tribes' main source of their protein in the village. Image Credit: Shavkat
@YrNemo (1391)
I have never seen such a hairy pig like that before in my life. I thought that was a small dog at first.
I am not sure, It is a wild pig in the forest. I was also amazed how it looked like and cooked in the mountainside of the village. Image Credit: Shavkat
This is a barbaric way to kill a poor young animal, I am very sorry they are so barbaric.
I know it is. But I respect how it was done. It is based on their culture.
@Shavkat I understand, but people must evolve and stop hurting animals.
@artner (60)
@LadyDuck If it were only so simple. Killing for the pure sake of hunting is not acceptable. Whislt people starve and live on the bread line they will always do whatever is necessary. Even dogs are slaughtered and eaten in the Philippines. Nothing however is allowed to go to waste. People we classify as Savage or barbaric live in and respect nature as they know it provides for them.
• Calgary, Alberta
I dont see that as barbaric. It is barbaric if you slowly torture the animal before killing it. hitting it in the head is a standard procedure.
Have you tried it? I think if I am on an island without anyone to help me, I think I can do it to survive.
• Calgary, Alberta
@Shavkat I kill sheep for a living. I kill thousands of them every single day because it pays higher than a white collar job.
@CaptAlbertWhisker I had noticed that you are now in Alberta. If I am going to re-activate my application in Canada, I will not have the second thoughts of trying to kill sheep to survive in a foreign land.
Haven't tried killing a pig with my own hands but I have seen how pigs are killed for their meat.
I haven't tried it, too. I didn't even try to kill a chicken.
@Vbole95 (10)
Awh poor piggies !!! ??
Too bad for the piggy to be eaten.
@25life (195)
People sometimes can be so savage.
Question? How do you respectfully kill a animal? i mean isn't any form of killing it cruel? i understand your meaning though some ways are more cruel.... but i am sure these people atleast eat the meat, to me cruel killing is people who kill things just for sport and they do not even eat what they killed.
No! And no I wont eat one.Poor baby.
@ilocosboy (22000)
I can't even kill a chicken he he. The practice of killing pigs is slowly changing. Many abattoir now have equipped with more humane way of killing pigs.
@ridingbet (31547)
when my sister had a pig pen in our backyard, and a piglt is butchered, i know how they kill a domesticated pig: they tie the legs, and expose the neck, then slice the carotid artery until blood flows (and collected through a basin with vinegar). the shrill cries are loud, until it goes fainter.
@sjvg1976 (12680)
I have seen people killing domestic pigs. It runs too much when it comes to know that it is going to be killed. One needs to be very athletic to kill it
@crossbones27 (12817)
• Redlands, California
Pig taste great, pork and all, but like any meat. you see how they kill it, Might make many people change their mind on eating ,meat. I have seen it and can live with myself. Do like the ones who treat the animals with respect before they kill them and when they kill them.
yugh I could never do that t o a little pig but I realilze t hat they haveto have proein for good health but there myst be kinder way so killi ng the wild p;igs for meat.
@louievill (15008)
I use to go with the locals down south during the 80s to hunt wild boars using spear traps and shotguns. i remember it had ravaged a "gabi" or taro plantation near a body of water and dug the roots of the root crop. These animals are very dangerous especially when trapped or cornered. I don't do it anymore or will ever, they are endangered now and need to be conserved, their should be a protected area where only the indigenous tribesmen would be allowed to hunt because it's part of their tradition.