How many hours per day?

How many hours a day do you think would be the ideal to devote exclusively to work? Obviously the hours will vary according to each profession (because each one of them demands specific activities), but do you think a standard should be set by companies?
eight hours to ten hours per shift with some relax times too
• Walnut Creek, California
That's a tough one. Certain professions (lawyering, teaching, etc.) just seem to require extra hours at home.
@Juilee (543)
• Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Zero hours. Because working for companies are awful unless it's your own business then feel free to put in as many hours you want. But that's just my opinion, maybe to you it isn't awful.
@rz3300 (136)
I never really thought of it that much, and maybe I am just too used to the eight hour work day. It makes sense though...one third of the day.
I would love to do 6-7.
@prashu228 (25519)
8 hours minimum.
@topffer (36658)
• Singapore, Singapore
A normal week is 35 hours of work, plus a possibility of 7 hours more better paid. This said, if it is followed by basic workers, there is no punch clock for senior executives, and they can do a lot more than that.