The Forgotten Garden

@CRK109 (14355)
I've just finished reading this novel by Kate Morton, and I wanted to write about it before I start another book. It's over 500 pages long, so it took a while to get through the whole thing, but oh, how it is worth it! I highly recommend this book to any and all of our book lovers here! It begins with a child being put on board a ship by "The Authoress", and told that they are playing a game, and for the child to wait for her to return. The ship is going from London to Australia, and sadly, for the child, the woman does not return. So no one knows who the child is or to whom she belongs. And thus begins a mystery that people keep trying to unravel for about 90 years! The story goes back and forth between three generations of people. In the beginning of this book, I had to keep checking the year at the beginning of each chapter so that I would know where I was in time! It's only confusing for a little while and then it all seems to work together like a braid of time. What a wonderful story this is, and intertwined are also some beautiful fairy tales, too! And they all work together to bring a fascinating tale to light! Claudia
• Lakewood, Colorado
It sounds a really cool book Claudia! Sometimes I wish I had time to read.
@CRK109 (14355)
I have to make the time to read, and I'm very glad I do. They really make me relax!
• Lakewood, Colorado
I don't read as much as I used to but that sounds interesting.
I recently finished reading Tara Road
@responsiveme Did I recommend that to you? Did you like it?
@jaboUK yes, you did.I did like it
sounds like a great read there.
@CRK109 (14355)
Definitely! Took me away to different points of time and different places on the map! So much fun!
@moffittjc (35646)
• Gainesville, Florida
Sounds like a pretty interesting book! I might have to check it out one of these days. I've got three books sitting on my nightstand that I want to read this summer, so I need to get through those first!
I have a pile of books waiting for me to read. Why do I no longer read? Oh yeah, it's this darn computer.
@moffittjc (35646)
• Gainesville, Florida
@paigea I'm in the same boat...stacks of books pile up. But for me, the problem is that my eyes are going bad so it is getting harder and harder to read!
@moffittjc That is unfortunate! Libraries have a lot of books with large print these days.
It sounds like a delightful book.
@CRK109 (14355)
I really enjoyed every word. It took me to different places in time and in the world and that's always fun!
@CRK109 Yes it is.
Sounds very interesting. I will see if I can get hold of a copy.
@CRK109 (14355)
I have two more of her books coming via the library. I'm very glad to have found another very good author! I hope you find it and like it, as well!
@mom210 (5797)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I wish I had more time to read, seems like my reading is mostly Dr Seuss these days. The book does sound relly good
@CRK109 (14355)
Dr Seuss is great reading! I really miss the days when I would read all of those books to my niece and nephews when they were little! I swear I had more fun with those books than they did! lol
@mom210 (5797)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@CRK109 They are great fun and seems like I can really rhyme when I need to, after reading them.
@YrNemo (8472)
Now I am curious. I will go searching for that book (online store).
@CRK109 (14355)
I hope you enjoy it! I think it's pretty wonderful!
@YrNemo (8472)
@CRK109 From the plot, I have a suspicion it might involve some time traveling, am I right in my guess?
This sounds like a very intriguing book. The title reminded me of a children's book by the name "The Secret Garden".
@CRK109 (14355)
Yes! Every time I picked up the book, I would think of The Secret Garden and smile! I loved that book, as well!
@CRK109 .....I used to have an old copy of it. Just saw the movie recently on cable.
@bluesa (12710)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@CRK109 , now, any book that begins like that will grip me. That woman either thought it was the only choice she had to make for the child, or was going to come back for the child but something went horribly awry, I will stop by my library.
@CRK109 (14355)
This book will have you wondering about that for a very, very long time! But it's an enjoyable journey.
That sounds like a story I would enjoy. Thanks for the review.
@CRK109 (14355)
I knew there would be people here who would also love it, so I had to recommend it!
@Freelanzer (6459)
I really enjoy reading stories like that
@CRK109 (14355)
I do, too! I'm so glad my niece mentioned it to me!
@responsiveme (14417)
Will.keep this in mind. I read Fly away home...Yesterday ..About world war 2 as seen by a child in Austria
@CRK109 (14355)
That sounds very familiar! I think I may have read it, but I'll check it out anyway! Thanks for mentioning it!
@thelme55 (11777)
It sounds a great book to read. I would love to read that, too.
@CRK109 (14355)
I do hope you find it and enjoy it. I've asked my library for more books by this author, so I will be reading more very soon!
@Nawsheen (22862)
• Mauritius
The story seems interesting indeed. Thanks for sharing about it
@CRK109 (14355)
When I find a wonderful book, I have to shout it to everyone I know.
I have never heard of this book or author but the story sounds interesting.
@CRK109 (14355)
It's really amazing how she put this story together. And my niece assured me that the author's other books are equally good, so I asked my librarian to put aside two more of her books for me!
Wrote this one down!! Thank you so much for the review. Always love to have a list of the good reads!!!
@CRK109 (14355)
I know people will love this book! I'm really amazed at how the author put it all together and made it work!
Sounds like a pretty good novel there.
@CRK109 (14355)
It's so nice to find a book that truly takes me away!
Did they figure out who the child was in the end.
@CRK109 (14355)
Yes, but the book keeps the reader wondering all the way to the end! It's a great journey!
That sounds really interesting I would love to read that
@CRK109 (14355)
I really enjoyed every page!