I found a shot I forgot I took

Looking over downtown el paso
El Paso, Texas
K, found another shot I took in 2009. I was on a road we call Scenic Dr. and I was looking south when I shot this. Those mountains are in Juarez Mexico. Those tall buildings are in downtown El Paso. Behind them is the US/Mexico border and those straight lines behind the tall buildings are part of Juarez. Is your city this close to another country?
Thats a very cool shot Rebelann. No I am in the middle of things, no countries nearby.
@rebelann Yes I know it is bad down that way..my mean sis who lives in AZ is furious. It is very bad here as well ...
The Mexican border is too easy for thugs to cross especially in TX, NM and AZ @TiarasOceanView and people wonder why we want a wall.
@rebelann I do not wonder about that..Many come here too and seek sanctuary..as Denver is one of those cities.
@mandala100 (39203)
This is a decent shot. Nope I'm in Hong Kong no near another country but mainland China.
Hong Kong is huge, your city is one of the largest in the world correct?
@mandala100 (39203)
@rebelann Yes my friend and a busy city too.
It sounds like you never get bored @mandala100
That is really a nice picture that you took.
Thank you.
Nice shot..No, but I once lived about an hour from Canada.
I'll bet it was pretty up that way.
• Portland, Connecticut
Nope, about 275 miles from Canada, which in the big scheme of things isn't all that far. Love that shot.
I live less than 30 miles from the Mexican border. To me 275 miles is a long distance, I'd have to travel almost that far to get to a lake.
• Portland, Connecticut
@rebelann Well I have the lake a half mile away so that makes up for the Canadian border I get.
Oh now I'm jealous @BelleStarr you can walk to a lake, I can't imagine how wonderful that must be.
In my city, I am surrounded by mountains. There are no other countries visible.
But the Philippines is surrounded by water isn't it?
@rebelann Yes, my friend. But I am living in the mountainside. It is where the place American soldiers had stayed before.
Oh wow, so you have an awsome view of what's below you @Shavkat correct?
@sishy7 (27654)
Nice picture... What are the lines, hiking trails? Australia is bordered by New Zealand, Indonesia, and Papua New Guinea
Those lines are part of Juarez Mexico, it's part of their housing area. But there is a body of water between Australia and New Zealand isn't there? Are the other 2 countries on the same continent as Australia.
@sishy7 (27654)
@rebelann Oh I see... So those are housing area in Mexico yet so very close to the USA... Yes, Australia is surrounded by bodies of water... I probably shouldn't say 'bordered', but rather, the closest countries near Australia waters are those three. Australia is its own continent.
Well at least there is water between you guys @sishy7
No, not near another country.
Well, you're not missin much.
@shivamani10 (11235)
• Hyderabad, India
This is really awesome. No our city not close to any other country. It is totally landlocked.
Well, sometimes it is better to be in the middle of a country instead of in a border city.
@jaiho2009 (39021)
My country is near Taiwan and Malaysi but not this close to capture a photo. This is a good share , thanks for sharing
I'm glad you like it. Do you get to travel to those countries?
@jaiho2009 (39021)
@rebelann I was able to cross country when I visited Singapore. I wish to visit India and Japan, someday soon :)
I hope you have photographs of Singapore @jaiho2009 I hope you get to go to those two countries very soon.
I went to Juarez a long time ago I was a child, we were visiting family.. I really don't remember much about it.. It was nice to see again. We went to El Paso too... The border I don't think is as easy to cross than you think.. my neighbors went and on the way back they had trouble coming back over..they are questioning a lot of people.
You'd be surprised how easy it is for illegals to cross our border, I know because we have more than our fair share as does NM and AZ along that border.
@rebelann just the people I have talked to they had a hard time to come home.Made them nervous to go back again.
There is a huge difference between legal entry and illegal entry @CookieMonster46 those who enter illegally sneak over the border at night and try not to get caught by border patrol. Legal entry might not be easy but that is true for any country.
That is an amazing shot! I've seen The Bridge on TV. It took place in both El Paso and Juarez. We aren't as close to any other country as you are. However, I was in Europe and Asia when in Turkey.
Which bridge? We have at least 3 along the border.
@UncleJoe (9731)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I've been to Juarez and shudder at the memory. Mexican cops make me very uncomfortable.
I feel the same way. Too many of our Army boys back the 1970s ended up in their slammers and when I'd hear the stories of why they were arrested and how they were treated it made realize I didn't want to go there ever again, it's a dangerous city.
No, we are not close to another country.