I wish I knew when I took this

Walmart being built on woodrow bean. Talk about old.
El Paso, Texas
Have you ever found a really old picture you'd taken and wished you had written down when you took it? This is a shot of the area that is now populated by Walmart, Lowes, Golden Corral, Well Fargo Bank, Whataburger, McDonalds and a host of other businesses. They are all pretty old now but I wish I could remember when that Walmart first opened. Even Loop 375 didn't exist yet, back then it was just Trans Mountain Rd and on the mountain it was just a two lane road that wasn't traveled that much. I miss those simpler times.
@moffittjc (41198)
• Gainesville, Florida
That, my friend, is what they call progress!
I'm beginning to think progress is synonymous with destruction.
@moffittjc (41198)
• Gainesville, Florida
@rebelann You hit the nail on the head. That's exactly how "progress" is here in Florida. Destroying our beautiful nature all in the name of progress.
It's a crying shame @moffittjc if only developers were more concerned with our planet than their wallets.
@Asylum (48282)
• Manchester, England
I now store all digital photographs in folders, which makes recollection much easier. Of course prior to beginning this practice I have struggled to recall some photographs.
I wish I could find the film strip I have this on but I have so many strips and I've never been good at reading negatives.
@Asylum (48282)
• Manchester, England
@rebelann Reading a negative is a simple matter.
To you maybe @Asylum but I have thousands of 35mm film strips to go through, but thankfully this shot was on one of the strips I had transferred to a cd.
@Tracy04 (10575)
Wow! That picture was nice one.
Thank you, I'm glad you like it.
@Tracy04 (10575)
@rebelann and your profile pic was nice too, cute dog!
Thank you @Tracy04 I think my pup is cute too.
I have many old family photos. I know who the people are, but don't have all the dates or places.
At least if you know the people you can kinda guess how old they were in the photos.
@rebelann That's true. Circa........ lol
Yep @DianneN I'm tryin to remember when that walmart opened and all I can come up with is 1990 something or was it 1980 something.
@PainsOnSlate (20083)
Cool photo, you could look it up on line to find out when Walmart came to town.
• Marion, Kansas
I have many photos of questionable history. I should learn to write it down. If Walmart was the first building there, likely someone at the store could tell you when it was built or first opened. That would be a start.
That's a good idea. I'll have to do that the next time I go there.
@garymarsh6 (13199)
It is part of history something nice to look back on when somethings were simpler. Change is not always for the better!
You are so right, many times change is the worst thing ever.
@PatZAnthony (12372)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
We just found one that we think is from 1940 (ish) b/c of the cars in the photo. No idea who took it (great g'father? Uncle?) where it was taken, etc. Think it might make a good post!
It did make for a good post and thank you for the mention on it. Back in the 1930s through the early 1950s people tended to keep their cars a lot longer than we do today. But that all started to change in the early 1960s. It also depended on where you lived.
@xiaolisu (1971)
• Shenyang, China
When you take the picture. Seem Like a long time
Yes it was a long time ago but I don't know the date.
Domt weall mmiss the simpler ti,es I have photos I did not put the date on sad to they are familyphotos of people mow gome
Yes, mom had a lot of those and I have no clue who all those people in her pictures were.