~I Have To Start~

Jacksonville, Florida
Good morning everyone. I hope your day is going well so far. Things are okay here. I realized yesterday that I really need to start packing this house. Feels weird packing when we have nowhere to go...but time isn't slowing down so I need to get moving on it. Gosh I don't want to do this...again. =( I am excited to see my babies again this evening! We will be picking them up at 5:30pm. I am sure they have so much to tell us and I cannot wait to hear all about how camp went. =) I know they were so busy because I text my oldest daughter to make sure they were okay and this is the response I got... Yes mom we are fine but we are really busy, love you ttyl. Lol. Do you have any plans today?
Just cleaning the kitchen. I know I hate to pack and move, sorry things happened the way they did.
@andriaperry I need to clean my kitchen as well, just have to do the dishes and wipe down the counters again. Me too, thank you.
Aww its good you could text them to check in, i wouldve too. Glad they had fun. Yes, im sure it sucks to have to pack without having anywhere to go yet.. but better to start now with things you dont need day to day than to wait last minute to pack everything at once.
@Courtlynn Yeah, I was glad to know they got there safely and they were okay. It does, I don't want to wait until the last minute-that's awful doing that.
@sugartoes (36534)
• Greencastle, Indiana
wow that was a short chat with her, but they don't think about how you may be feeling that just wants to chat a bit or to let them know you miss & love them, they'll be home soon. I know how you feel about moving AGAIN I don't blame you I felt the same way I got so tired of it I just packed up & when we got to our next location I just kept a lot of stuff packed up & when my husband wanted to know why I was unpacking everything I just told him cause for some reason we'll have to be moving again so why unpack just to repack?
@sugartoes Yeah, kids are so involved with what they are doing they don't think in the way we do. I was glad to hear they were okay and having fun. =) I think the next house I will leave stuff in boxes until we live there for a year...Sick of this.
@sugartoes (36534)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@LovingMyBabies ha ha ha your right they are too wrapped up into what they are enjoying to even notice that you may need some mommy-kid time but you get that all the time (as they would say) they don't understand what we call the mommy blues when they're away. I wouldn't blame you ONE bit I'd make it 3 to just make SURE you were going to be there AFTER 3 yrs.
It is a shame you have to pack everything up once again. I do hope you find a place soon. Thunderstorms today, so no big plans.
@Corbin5 Yeah, I hate it. I hope so too, thank you. I hope you enjoy your indoor day. =)
@vsai2008 (7582)
Its night here, we just finished our dinner and about to sleep :)
@alberello75 (14271)
• Genova, Italy
Today I accompanied my mom to the dentist. I wonder why you are packing. Your idea is to change your house?
@alberello75 Yes we are moving since our landlord is selling this house.
@alberello75 (14271)
• Genova, Italy
@LovingMyBabies I get it. Basically, a sort of "eviction", right?
@alberello75 Kind of but not our fault.
@dodo19 (29203)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It's a shame that you have to pack again. It's seems like you have moved often enough in the last few months. Hopefully, you find a place soon. We don't have much planned today. Probably just a quiet day.
@dodo19 Yeah, I am ready to settle somewhere for a long time. I hope so, thanks. Enjoy your quiet day. =)
@dodo19 (29203)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@LovingMyBabies I hope that you are able to find a place where you can stay for a long time. I wish you the best of luck finding that place. We did have a pretty good day yesterday.
I am about to go run some errands. Exciting stuff!
@NJChicaa Well enjoy your day. =)
Have a pleasant and productive day.
@JohnRoberts Thank you, I hope you have a great day. =)
Are you moving? I don't recall reading you were. I'm glad your babies are coming home today. I thought they would be gone a week. How exciting to find out about everything they did.
@just4him Yes we are. Our landlord is selling our house. =( Nope, just a few days.
@LovingMyBabies Did he give you a time frame you need to move? I remember when I was in 4th grade, the house my parents rented was sold and we had to move. We moved two blocks away. My parents bought it and we sold it a couple years ago now. Just before my parents passed.
@just4him He said he would like us out by the end of the month. We are going to do that. Everything works out for a reason, I know God has a plan.
Better to be prepared for the move when you do finally find a good home. When we moved to our current home we just tossed stuff into the back of my car and brought it here. We only lived just down the road. I would have loved a couple of months to prepare for it though. That way we wouldn't have been so rushed. Love the text from your daughter! LOL. She is growing up momma.
@Elusivebutterfly Yes it is always better to get things done ahead of time. We have done this too much so I do know that for sure. Lol, she is growing up fast-she came home having a boyfriend now too!
@LovingMyBabies The longest run we had with an apartment was 9 years. When we moved in I thought it would be an okay place for the kids to grow up. It was a housing development and the apartment was well maintained. Other factors such as neighbors that were not the greatest factored into my decision to move. Restlessness was another I guess. I needed change. A boyfriend! Lock that lil beauty up! LOL.
@ElusiveButterfly I am dreading have to move right now. =( I just want to stay even though I know we can't. I just pray we don't become homeless. Well it's a good thing they are only "dating" at church where things are supervised at all times. =)
@bluesa (13458)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@LovingMyBabies , I am happy your children will be back home soon. My day was the usual busy, with that much needed walk I squeezed in. I am so sorry you have to move again, it can be overwhelming. I hope that you hear of home that is available soon.
@bluesa Thanks, me too! I'm glad you got a walk. =) Thank you, I am so sick of moving. I hope we can find something soon.
@bluesa (13458)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@LovingMyBabies we moved around a lot when I was young because of my Dads work, so I know how sick and tired a person gets of packing up and packing out. I really hope you find the perfect home soon.xx
@bluesa Yeah 40 times in 13 years is insane.
Just doing some housework and hopefully going for a swim. Do you have any relatives you could temporarily live with ?
@Tampa_girl7 I hope you enjoy your day. I'm not near my family, they are states away and my husband's family are not nice people at all.
@LovingMyBabies I'll be praying that you find a home real soon.
@Tampa_girl7 Thank you very much. =)
@Freelanzer (6721)
Packing is such a pain. The last time we moved was 17 years ago and I said I didn't ever want to do it again but you never can tell
@Freelanzer Yes it is. We have moved 40 times in 13 years-I am over it. =( Yeah, we didn't think we would be moving anytime soon and here we are...
@LovingMyBabies ugg, that is a lot of moves. More than with the military I think! I hope you can stay put for a while!
@paigea Yeah when we lived in NC my husband had a really hard time finding work so we moved around way too much. =( I'm exhausted and ready to stay in one place for a long time.
I'm sure that its difficult to pack up again. I hope that you can get a bit started before the kids get home, things will get busier after they arrive. I'm glad that they are having a busy time at camp. No real plans for me today, just relaxing on my day off.
@Juliaacv Yeah I got 5 boxes packed so far. I know it's not much but it's a start. I will do a little each day until I finish. I hope you enjoy your day to relax. =)
@LovingMyBabies That's 5 more then you had packed yesterday. And its not easy, I know that too, I'm sure that your kids are looking forward to coming home and seeing you, Dad and their little brothers.
@Juliaacv Yes they were excited to tell us all about camp, they had a great time! I'm so glad they are back. =)
@Lucky15 (33731)
today is transmittal day for me. hoping no rain since i will be carrying papers :D
@Lucky15 I hope it didn't rain for you!
@Lucky15 (33731)
@LovingMyBabies it rained hard in the afternoon until nigh time :D
@Genipher (5266)
Have you thought about full-time R.V.ing? We're about to be in a similar situation. Hubby has to find a new job, which means we'll have to move. Rentals here in Oregon (we'd need 4 bedrooms) range from $1500-2300/month. At those prices, we'd be better off buying a house except...we can't afford to buy a house. We may very well end up living in a motor home or RV of some kind which, honestly, doesn't bother me that much (hubby hates the idea,though). I've always been a bit of a minimalist. I kind-of like the idea of cutting back and living more simply. And an RV might be the only chance we have of owning our own "home".
@Genipher I wouldn't mind doing that if our kids were all older. Josiah needs to learn to walk in a few months and an RV just doesn't have enough space for that. Plus, we really don't have the money to buy one that I would let us live in. Julian and Josiah are just too little for that kind of living right now. The older 3 kids wouldn't mind it at all.
@Genipher (5266)
@LovingMyBabies I've often wondered how babies learn to walk in an RV. Maybe they walk outside? Except in the winter, that would be difficult. That whole issue seems like it'd be hard. That, and potty training! I have friends who are living in an RV while they build a house. They have 6 kids and one on the way. They home birth (like we do) but I just can't imagine trying to give birth in such a small space, with so many people around me. And the prices...yeah, they can be expensive. I look (for fun) on craigslist or RV stores online and to get one that could sleep all 9 of us would be a LOT of money. Unless, of course, we got a cheap fixer-upper motorhome. Or converted an old school bus (which would be awesome!). But we're not the "handy" type. Do all of your kids have "J" names?
I didn't do much, just got my every two week injection of a medicine I need today. Then went for a few groceries at the grocery store and picked up two prescriptions at CVS ! I am free all day the next two days! That excites me! I am praying you find the perfect house! I am so happy you get to see the kids when you get them home from camp. Bet they won't sleep tonight they will have such excitement to tell you what they did!
@Marty1 I'm glad your free today! I hope you have a good relaxing day. =) Thank you, I am praying for the same. I'm so glad my kids are home again.
@LovingMyBabies I ended up sleeping all day as I was so tired and light-headed. I got an email from my sister telling me to eat I have no appetite) and I ate and do feel a little better now! Glad you have your kids home now! Hopefully, they had a great time at camp!
@LeaPea2417 (16871)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Just housework, good luck on the packing.
@Leapea2417 Thank you, I got 5 boxes done so far.
@LeaPea2417 (16871)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@LovingMyBabies That's good.
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I know I love hearing my kids talk about their day, when they come home, I don't have any plans right now, because I'm at work with not set time to get off!!
@willgirl2013 Yes it was nice hearing all about camp and even better now that they are home! =)