My Computer Crashed

After I posted yesterday morning my computer crashed and I have no idea why. It was very old and I guess it just "gave up". Of course that left me scrambling because I can't not have access to the internet Now I have a new desktop with the new Windows program and I have to learn how to navigate through all the newness. I can't even remember the Windows my other computer had but it had stopped updating to Chrome and it's very possible it was Vista. (I told you it was old and outdated) Thankfully my daughter is tech savvy and was able to set up the new computer and give me a little tutorial on the differences. She's at work today and I'm desperately trying to navigate certain things and the differences are just enough to make me frustrated. I know I'll be a whiz in a day or so but for today it's just enough to make me say grrrrrr So, enough about me. How's things with you?
@silvermist (13457)
Well,my internet came on for me only some time back.So frustrating.Good that you have the new desk top.Within two,three days you will be an expert.
I hope so as I'm not as quick to learn as I used to be
@silvermist (13457)
@Marilynda1225 But still you have some experiences about using computers.
I do not like the new Windows system, I have a Windows 7 installed on my desktop and a Windows 10 on my laptop. I prefer to use my old desktop.
Yikes, I totally hate computer problems. maybe you can find the answers online..
@vsai2008 (3642)
I am sure you will get hold of the new computer soon :) Day has been fine, I just had my evening tea :)
SAI, I love the card. The flowers are so beautiful.
@vsai2008 (3642)
@Hannihar Will find more flowery cards for you and post them when ever I am in conversation with you
@vsai2008 Thank you and I would love it.
Windows is an operating system - Chrome is a browser - two different things. When I got Win 10 I was a nervous wreck, but I use it the same as Win 7. No big deal at all. You don't have to use it as Win 10...
Oh good to know. See even my tech lingo is messed up
@Marilynda1225 LOL - I was the same way years ago, I didn't know a browser from a website!
I hate learning new stuff too, but I've had Windows 10 for a few months now and I like it.
Glad to hear that you like it and I'm hoping to be able to catch on pretty quick
@Lucky15 (31412)
I am still with the Windows7 and i am ok with it, still.. though wanting to buy a new laptop ;/
Technology keeps changing so fast that I wonder where it will wind up
• Marion, Kansas
Sorry about your computer, may it rest in peace. I need a new laptop, but will survive until the school checks start up again. Then I will have to learn 10, by then hopefully all the bugs that have given me fits on my old computers will be gone. Have fun keeping your mind young by learning new things.
Yikes. Well good you have a new one. Hope yoy can learn it fast
Up before daylight, gone just after daylight, home around noon and now I need a nap. Glad you got a new computer.
Learning a new program can be very frustrating. Hopefully in a week or two it will all fall into place.
@Gillygirl (13860)
• Sutton, England
I hope you will be up and running with your new computer soon. I don't like change.
I hope that you enjoy your new computer.
Sorry about you having to learn new stuff. I hate that too.
@Hate2Iron (6938)
Just sitting hear smelling bread bake. Something soothing about that scent!! Luckily my computer problems are behind me... but I was there just a few weeks ago!!
Computer problems are horrible especially when I don't have a clue about technology
@Hate2Iron (6938)
@Marilynda1225 And that would be me too... Haven't a clue how to fix one!!
That sounds super frustrating. Did it come back up? Sometimes if I open too many windows this happens to me -it stops responding. Nothing a good control alt delete hasnt been able to fix though!
@sugartoes (27048)
• Greencastle, Indiana
I can help you with sending you a video on how everything works that you want to know or need to know if that helps. take a break & watch this to see if you can do your computer.
This tutorial provides a detailed beginners guide to Windows 10. This covers the Windows 10 Start Menu, System Settings, Windows 10 Universal Apps, Taskbar, ...
thanks for your kindness. This will definitely help
You seem to be doing quite well so far.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Nice you got a new computer Marilyn.
@Tracy04 (6508)
I get a good laugh from this post