Re-Work

Green Bay, Wisconsin
I got a phone call from my editors yesterday and found that I need to re-work the end of the book. As much as I thought I had it working right, it doesn't. So I'm going over it again. Making sure it is feasible in every way. That is going to make it almost impossible for Freedom's Cry to be ready in time for Art Street next month, though I'm still hoping. If I can get it re-worked this week, I'm hoping it will still work out. I admit, I almost gave up on this book. But I didn't. I worked on it most of yesterday afternoon and so far most of today. I can now say, I do not like re-work. My brain is tired and I only want to shut down for a while and do something else. Which is why I came to you, my friends, to interact for a while before I get back to it once again. I hope you are all having a good day. For me the sun is shining and we have nice temps. Tomorrow will be a different story. Tomorrow is storms and high temps and humidity for the next three days. Not too happy about that. I'm begging God for a nice day on Wednesday. I'm really hoping to see a different weather pattern take shape. It would also be nice to have more than a day or two without rain. How are things with you. Thanks for reading. The picture is the image right now. It's still being worked on. The flag is incorrect. So this is not the final picture. You can't really see my name either.
Hope your re-write goes quickly so you can wrap it all up. Right now we're having a very nasty storm and I'm hoping it doesn't wind up booting me off the computer.
Ugh! I'm so tired of rain. I hope it doesn't boot you off either.
its hot and humiod here I have not seen the latestf fprecast and dry no rain for months we need that rain badly
If I could send the rain back your way I would. We've had plenty for a while.
@valmnz (12437)
• New Zealand
re-works can be so annoying, but it's always worth it in the end. I always say, if something doesn't work for even one person it has to be rewritten.
Yes it does. So that's what I'm working on - getting it right.
@valmnz (12437)
• New Zealand
@just4him go well!
@valmnz Thank you.
Sometimes you need to leave a manuscript for a while and then come back to it fresh and clear. Too bad you don't feel you have the time to do that.
This manuscript is already over a decade old. Since it's finished, it shouldn't be too bad, and so far it's going well.
@just4him .....That's great.
@Lucky15 (31412)
hoping that it can make make it next month :)
Thank you. I hope so too.
wow,sorry to hear about this.Hope you can work it out.
It's coming along. Thank you.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Oh no rework. I love this cover Valerie even if it is not final. I pray you will get this done with ease. Have a blase day thanks.
Thank you. I'm very happy with the cover. It took a lot of suggestions to get to this point. Now just the final touches on it and it will be perfect.
wow, Valerie, you paint and you write. That is amazing. So, what is the book about or not good to ask? Are you retired? If so, were you always writer or what did you do before? Glad you took a break and came here. I hope something here inspires you. It is very hard to cut and then fix up things after you feel you are done with it. I know what I have done is not the same thing. When I do a personal calendar for someone we go back and forth for quite some time to get it just right or a placemat did for someone we had to go back and forth, but, in the end it turned out so nice. I really liked it. It is hard.
I don't paint. That's from the designer and it's still in the works. That is not the final proof. I write and have been writing most of my life. I've been writing to publish since 1980 when I started the first book in this series. I published in 2012, 2013 and 2014. This is the last in the series and will be out this year, but right now, I'm not certain when as I need to fix some areas of it. The book is about a young girl who gets separated from her family due to her curiosity, and rescued by a couple sailors and then tries to get back to her family, but has trouble doing so as she finds herself in situations far beyond her control, but not beyond God's. This is the last book in the series set in colonial America.
@just4him Valeria, it sounds very interesting. What made you want to become a writer?
@Hannihar When I was 8 years old I was watching one of my favorite westerns on TV and hated the episode and told myself I could write that better. I've been writing since.
i know you will do a good job! How is the flag incorrect? What way should it be?I barely noticed the flag and admit that I had to go back to the picture when you mentioned flag as I didn't notice it the firsts time I think the reason your name isn't seen better is that it is white like the dress that the name is written over it. I think the cover picture is beautiful! Good luck and I wish you the best with this book!
The flag is wrong because it's the current flag. The novel is set in colonial time when we didn't have a flag yet but the one on ships was the one I have pictured above.
@just4him You must have to check everything on a book before it is published am I right? is this a British settings book? It looks like a British flag in the corner or did the United States have a flag that looked like this one you showed me in the comment section?
@Marty1 This was one of many Colonial flags we had before we adopted our first flag with thirteen stars and stripes on it. I had to make sure the flag was the one used during the time period of the book. Yes, everything is checked even cover photos. I'm very detail oriented and the photo as well as the story I'm writing must be authentic when it comes to historical fiction. You can't change history. So even though the story is fiction, some of the events that take place or are referred to during that time period are factual.
@velvet53 (6631)
I hope that things go well for you on the re-work and that it gets out in time for Art Street. Good luck my friend.
It won't be done in time for Art Street. I wish it would be, but at the moment that would be a miracle.
@velvet53 (6631)
@just4him Miracles does happen.
@velvet53 Yes they do. It would be huge if it happened.
• Pamplona, Spain
Really hope you can get into finishing the end of your book it must be frustrating to have to redo it again. Good luck with that and please keep us all posted too.
Thank you. It is frustrating when I thought it was finished, but such is not the case.
• Pamplona, Spain
@just4him Never mind I think that you can do it and finish it all.
@lovinangelsinstead21 Thank you. I'm working on it.
Why do they want you re-work the ending? This must be so exhausting: I hate to have something that I think is finished and going through it again.
It's not the whole ending, but a situation in the story that isn't feasible, but I didn't realize it. So I need to make changes to that situation and make it feasible.
@just4him I hope you can do this easily and have the book ready to be published soon.
@LadyDuck It's coming along well. I should be finished with it soon. Thank you.
I'm sure you will get it right, even though it must be a pain in the neck to do. Good luck!
Yes, I'll get it right. I guess I just didn't research enough and it was caught by my editors. Good thing. So the research is also going well with getting this fixed.
@just4him I'm glad it's going well. Giant hugs for younon your birthday!
@DianneN Thank you so much.
@thelme55 (8392)
Reworking a story is tiresome. I hope you are finish before that mentioned event. I like the photo of your book. What kind of story is it? That is if I am allowed to ask.
It's the fourth in the Colonial America series, which is also why the flag is wrong on the ship. It's about a young girl who becomes separated from her family, is on a ship attacked by Barbary Pirates and sold to be a wife of a sultan. Her only thought is getting home. It's the end of the book with her going home that I am re-working.
@thelme55 (8392)
@just4him wow! That sounds adventurous story for me to read.
@thelme55 Thank you.
@RubyHawk (15017)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I hope you get the rewriting done quickly. I can understand how disappointed you are that it isn't quiet right. May it go quickly and smoothly.
So far it is, thank you.
@RubyHawk (15017)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@just4him Good luck
Never give up!
I never have given up on anything. So though I wanted to, I did get right back to it and am getting it sorted out.
@just4him great!
@mandala100 (10650)
@just4him Well good luck on your re-working of the book and I hope and pray that you'll be able to complete it just right on time my friend.
Thank you. I'm hoping so. I did tell my editors I hoped to have it completed by the end of the week.
@mandala100 (10650)
@just4him Ok my friend again wish you'll finished it by then.
@Jackalyn (4962)
• Oxford, England
I like the cover and it is important to have it right as the publishers say the cover is what usually sells the book. Keep going. The end is in sight.
Thanks, yes it is.
@JESSY3236 (4226)
That's a nice cover. Yesterday we had rain. Today is going to be hot and sunny.
We had rain overnight, but I never saw or heard it. Today is hot and not as humid as I expected. Nice breeze.
@vsai2008 (3642)
I hope you get it soon !! It can be annoying sometimes :)
Yes it can.