Pleasant Lunch By The Lake

Lake of Lugano from Capolago, by LadyDuck
Switzerland
A cold wind from north has blown during two nights in a row, bringing the temperature down. Today is a sunny day with a clear blue sky and a pleasant temperature. It was a shame to stay at home, my husband invited me to have lunch in a small restaurant overlooking the lake of Lugano. It's a small family restaurants with a limited menu for lunch, but it's very quiet and with a pleasant view. We ate perch fish fillets roasted in butter with sage leaves and served with rösti (sort of potato fritters). Here is a photo of the view from our table. How is your Wednesday so far?
What a wonderful place to enjoy a nice lunch and the view is marvelous.
It was so quiet that I felt sleepy while I was waiting for my coffee. There is also a picnic area on the right of the restaurant, we should go there more often.
What a lovely and relaxing view you enjoyed. Its a picture perfect day here today, not hot, but summer warm, and low humidity for a change. I have to drive back to the area that we used to live to see my family doctor today.
The humidity is almost too low today, due to the strong wind, but I like better too low than too high. Good luck with your doctor visit.
@LadyDuck Thank you. I'm seeing him regarding my arm, the pain that I feel in my hand is getting severe and I value his opinion.
@Juliaacv It's better to ask his opinion, may be physiotherapy can help.
• Lakewood, Colorado
A lovely place to dine and a beautiful peaceful view of the lake there Anna. Glad you had this time together in a nice place. The meal sounds delicious. Wednesday so far is nervous for me, I have an important meeting today.
I am sorry it's a nervous day for you. My husband was so kind to invite me because today it's Saint Anne day, and he did not want to see me cooking.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@LadyDuck So nice of him yes Anna. All will be well thanks.
@TiarasOceanView I wish you luck for your meeting.
@dollaboy (6323)
The view is Fabulous. I'm happy that you are having a great Wednesday, so am i.
This is a very nice area, I like how calm and green the lake appears.
@dollaboy (6323)
@LadyDuck feels like heaven the calmness and green lake
@dollaboy This is something I like, the tourists have not yet discovered this area.
@shshiju (9274)
• Cochin, India
Lake view is beautiful. You can enjoy your food with beautiful scenery. There is small rain on Wednesday.
The temperature was perfect today, no humidity, a little wind, very nice and pleasant.
@shshiju (9274)
• Cochin, India
@LadyDuck That's a cool sign. Enjoy your day
It looks like a very pleasant place to have lunch! Well, it is fine. I have only been up for about 45 minutes..but so far so good!
I really enjoyed this simple lunch, it was a shame to come back home.
• Portland, Connecticut
Sounds like a lovely way to get out of the house. I enjoy rosti potatoes, we had them when we were staying in Switzerland but around here they are impossible to find.
I love rosti potatoes a lot, I make them on Sundays for the brunch, they are so good with fried eggs.
@prashu228 (22826)
That's a beautiful view. It's definitely a soothing environment. Glad you enjoyed. My day is good.
It was a perfect day, not too hot, sunny with a little wind, I liked to have lunch under the porch.
@alberello75 (13501)
• Genova, Italy
Here in Genova, it continues to be hot. I would hope just for a week of rain, to decrease the temp. about 10 °C! But nothing to do! Weather forecasts (vedere meteo.it) sometimes foresee thunderstorms, but at least from my part, nothing! But when they announce torrential days, well, they never make a mistake! However, for August, there is not much time left. Usually after "Ferragosto" (15th) the temperature will obviously drop off. And I hope so. As I told you in a previous post, now I begin to "hate" the summer! How I spent my Wednesday? To the beach.
We had no torrential rains or thunderstorm, it's the cold wind from the north that has cooled down the temperature, more than 10º C. Up in Geneva and Zürich they had torrential rains and flooding. After mid August is never too hot, the days are short, at 8 PM it's already dark. Enjoy the beach Alessandro.
@alberello75 (13501)
• Genova, Italy
@LadyDuck Yes, maybe I do not exclude that heat could remains also after the middle of August, but note a significant drop in the temperatures here. Even in my part, the days then begin to shorten. For example, now it is bright until 9.00 PM about. Then slowly begins to fade in dark ever before. Not to mention that, in Italy, on the last Sunday in October, summer-time will be removed. The "lancets", pull one hour back for the whole winter season. Then about 5.00 PM, it starts to darken.
@alberello75 The change of time is the same all over Europe Alessandro, we all change the same day, October 29.
Wow, what a beautiful view of a lake , so placid and with its surroundings so nice and fresh to the eyes. It is a bit sunny, but I know the weather is still cool. How romantic of your hubby to bring you to a restaurant with this beautiful view. Did you take it from a higher place , like a veranda on the second floor?
I took the photo from the outside veranda of the restaurant. It was pleasantly cool that day, today is very hot.
@LadyDuck Our weather is almost the same. Cool when it rains and very hot when it's sunny.
@SIMPLYD Today is very hot, I am going to the mall to enjoy their air conditioning.
@crossbones27 (15120)
• Redlands, California
Wow, that is a nice area. What a great place to enjoy lunch with your husband. Nice and peaceful I bet.
Sorry for the late reply, I missed your comment. This is a very quiet area of the lake, the tourists do not know it exist.
• Redlands, California
@LadyDuck No worries, I still reply to some that I forgot about ten years later. That is the best when no one knows about it. Remind me to find you when I visit Switzerland. Never will happen, but fun to dream.
@crossbones27 Remember to let me know when you visit Switzerland.
That looks a very relaxing spot to have lunch. I'm glad you're having some nicer weather.
Yesterday we had very nice weather, today is cloudy. I have read that there are fires in the south of France.
@JudyEv Let's hope for the best. I still remember the year we were stuck in Monte-Carlo, all the roads were closed due to fires, I had ashes even on my bed.
@LadyDuck That must have been pretty worrying.
@DaddyEvil (22314)
Wow! That is a beautiful view from the restaurant, Anna! (Your husband is such a sweet man!) I hope you enjoyed his company, the food and the view!
My husband is sweet, yesterday it was the St. Anne day and he wanted to celebrate. I like this quiet spot on the lake.
@DaddyEvil (22314)
@LadyDuck Uhm... what is St. Anne day?
@DaddyEvil Catholics celebrate 1 Saint for every day of the year and when it is the saint corresponding to your name, you celebrate, as you do for your birthday. My name is Anna and yesterday it was the day of the Sant'Anna (Saint Anne).
@bluesa (12681)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Oh! Your Wednesday was lovely, what a view, Anna. I have a slight head cold and lack of sleep and have to go start dinner @LadyDuck , but I did fit in a walk today. Enjoy your day further.
I am sorry for your head cold. Last night the wind was very cold, I had to cover myself with the duvet.
@bluesa (12681)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@LadyDuck , thank you. Yes, you must keep warm during cooler evenings, it is good you had the duvet at hand.
@bluesa I fear I got a cold eating outside in the wind yesterday, it seems nothing serious.
@silvermist (15823)
Looking at the photo of the place,the word ''Heavenly '' comes to mind.Hope many people do not discover this place and it becomes crowded.
You are right, it is heavenly. Tourists want to park their cars and do not walk, so they will never discover this little secluded place.
@silvermist (15823)
@LadyDuck That is a good thought.
@silvermist There is a narrow path through the woods to get there, it's only 10 minutes walk, but most people do not like to walk.
@Gillygirl (15291)
• Sutton, England
It looks an idyllic place to have lunch Anna. I had visitors most of yesterday and babysat my grandson today.
It's nice to have visitors, but I was very happy to have a quiet lunch with only my husband. I imagine that you are enjoying your grandson right now.
@Gillygirl (15291)
• Sutton, England
@LadyDuck Yes we are. He is looking forward to the birth of his baby brother. It is nice to have quiet time at times.
@Gillygirl When his baby brother is due? I think it will be soon.
@1hopefulman (20212)
Looks like a nice peaceful spot. The meal must have been delicious.
The food was good, but what I appreciated most was the quiet and relaxing view of the lake.
@1hopefulman (20212)
@LadyDuck From the photo, it looks like a very tranquil place to have a meal and I'm glad you were able to enjoy a meal there in the company of you husband.
@1hopefulman We were lucky to find a breezy and sunny day, not too hot and quiet.
What a beautiful place to have lunch. I love the view and what you ate, too! You know how much I loved Switzerland!! It is a glorious day here, too. I walked 6 miles with my friends and just finished sipping coffee on our patio. I will shower and go for a facial and massage at the spa in a few minutes with a friend, then for a quick bite to eat.
The day was perfect and we did not want to stay at home. We parked the car near the village and had a walk to reach the little restaurant. Your day sounds to be wonderful too.
@LadyDuck Perfect days are meant to be enjoyed, especially with our husbands. Mine is playing golf today. Oh, well. lol
@DianneN We have no golf courses close to where we live. I am sorry this is not a popular sport here, I liked to play.
@RubyHawk (21448)
• Atlanta, Georgia
What a beautiful place to eat lunch.So quiet and peaceful looking. Sounds like a very pleasant outing. Lucky you to also have cool weather.
It's always cool near the lake. The past night was almost cold, I had to put the duvet on the bed, this chilly wind has cooled down the temperature a lot.
@RubyHawk (21448)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@LadyDuck Sounds good from here with temperatures in the high nineties.
@RubyHawk It's still warm but not hot today, I am glad that we are no more in the upper 90's.
What a lovely view. I wish we had something like that. Perch is delicious, I haven't had that in years. I hope you get to do this again today.
Perch is a very good fish and we both like it. I like this particular place on the lake, it is is peaceful.
It looks peaceful @LadyDuck I wish I lived close to a place like that.
@rebelann We go time by time to make a picnic in that same place. There are stone picnic tables not far from there, it's very nice.