Ah..........

I am so relieved today! Worrying is my thing, but I can cross getting a mother of the groom gown off my list. Today, my hubby drove me to a swanky dress shop in the swanky town of Darien, Connecticut, where I had purchased my other gown for our older son's wedding. This shoppe does not disappoint. All the gowns I tried on were simply stunning, but there was one that made me feel like a princess. Two other customers absolutely loved it on me, as did the two saleswomen and seamstress, but the one person's opinion I trust most, is my husband's. His face lit up, his eyes twinkled, and he told me I looked gorgeous. I had the seamstress fit it. I've worked with her before and trust her beautiful work. My husband didn't even blink at the cost of this designer gown, and he took me out to luncheon to celebrate. I feel so happy and relieved I found this gorgeous gown. I wish I could show it to you and tell you the color (my husband took photos), but you will have to wait to see it. Our dear myLot friend, Gary Marsh, told me not to eat anything until after the wedding. My husband thinks I'm thin enough. lol
Well, now it's all about fun and relaxation until the bridal showers start, those should be right around the corner already. Will the bride have a bachelorette party?
My son is having a bachelor party, but it will be at Peter Luger Steakhouse in NYC, just dinner. His fiancée doesn't want a bachelorette party. They both don't want a shower. They have everything they need.
Well, so much for having fun @DianneN ... well, I wouldn't really know, I've never been to a bachelorette party so I haven't a clue.
@rebelann I only went to one, and it was in New York City for my daughter-law. Her mother and I clubbed with all her bridal party and sister. We began drinking in a white stretch limousine, went to a transvestite club for dinner, drinking, and a few shows, hopped back into the limo and went to a bar, where I danced on the bar, then went to a dance club. Her mother and I asked to be dropped off at Trump Tower, where her parents live and where I was staying. Her mom drove me to CT the next day. We both had hangovers. Lol! The men were in Las Vegas for my son's bachelor party. You missed nothing!
@mandala100 (24087)
@DianneN I'm glad that you found that's right for you my friend.
Thanks so much, Peter. It's totally me!
@mandala100 (24087)
@DianneN Yes my friend and I'll be excited too to see you in that gown my friend.
@mandala100 Thank you. I hope I do it justice.
That is so funny that you mentioned Darien. I was just thinking about you this morning and wondering what part of CT you lived in. And then I thought of Darien. My philosophy professor at SHU always used to point his nose up in the air and say the name of that town so snootily that it was clear to me that it was a very wealthy area. I wouldn't have ever known about it otherwise because I was from out-of-state.
Very funny. What a coincidence! Greenwich and Westport, where my brother lives, are worse. lol
@DianneN I knew about Greenwich but, the way he always brought up Darien, it seemed like it was some super-exclusive enclave that was even more wealthy than Greenwich.
@NJChicaa Just a bunch of wealthy people. No biggie. LOL!
@dodo19 (27151)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I'm glad that you were able to find a dress. It's one less thing for you to do.
It was a big deal to me, because I care how I look. Lol! It's so darn gorgeous. It will take until September 14th to be ready for one last fitting. You will know why when you see it. Thanks so much.
@dodo19 (27151)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@DianneN you're definitely allowed to care. I'm sure it'll look gorgeous when it's ready.
You will have to share lots of pictures of the wedding.
Prepare yourself! Lol!
@Morleyhunt (15369)
Good for you. When my son got married, I owned the dress shop. My dress needed minimal alterations. The dress was late in arriving so I planned to do it the week before the wedding. Instead of altering the dress I ended up wearing a dress I had worn to another wedding. My mother inlaw had a stroke....we sat vigil at her bedside. The dress was not important. I still looked good.
Thank you! I remember you owned a dress shop. I'm sorry to hear about your MIL's stroke so soon before the wedding. I'm sure you looked just fine. No dress is as important as a wedding between two lovebirds. I'm just relieved I found something to wear! Mine needs to be hemmed (3 layers) and taken up at the shoulders. The waist fits perfectly.
I think that was nice what your hubby said.
Aww, thank you. He uses his words wisely when he means them.
I am it is beautiful and that you looking stunning. I look forward to seeing it after the wedding.
Thank you! I feel so relieved that I found what I had in mind. I wish I could show you the gown. You'd look gorgeous in it, too!!!
@poehere (17075)
• French Polynesia
That is so wonderful. You will be going to the wedding dressed like Snow White. I am so happy that you have found the perfect dress for this very special occasion. Your husband sounds like a wonderful man. You are so lucky that he likes to go shopping. My dad hated to go shopping.
Thank you! I wanted something special for the wedding. My husband is a sweetheart, but shopping is not his favorite thing to do. He usually sits on a sofa or chair and makes phone calls. I had to keep interrupting his calls to get his opinions. He only comes shopping with me when I buy expensive clothes, just so he won't have a heart attack when the bills come in. Really! Plus, he has a great eye and knows what looks good or not on me. I value his opinions tremendously.
@poehere (17075)
• French Polynesia
@DianneN You are so lucky. I am so happy that you found your princess dress for the wedding. Make sure you take a photo of this and post it here. I am dying to see this dress. You make it sound so exotic and wonderful. I know you will be the hit of the wedding.
@poehere I'm sure I will be in at least one photo. I hope the dress doesn't disappoint! Look for it after October 6th! Thank you for your sweet words.
The only opinion I trust is the one of my husband, I know he would never fake a compliment.
You are very lucky, indeed!
@DianneN You also are lucky, we can trust our husbands. I immediately know if my husband like something or not, he does not need to speak.
@LadyDuck Sisters again! I can read my husband's face before he opens his mouth. We are both so lucky to have intelligent, loving, and generous husbands.
@Gillygirl (15259)
• Sutton, England
I'm so pleased you found the perfect gown. Can't wait to see the photos. Of course you are the perfect size. I know you don't like things like fatty dough balls!
I thought you were asleep! So good to see you. I certainly wouldn't want to embarrass my husband or son by being a huge looking slob! I stay away from fatty dough balls. Besides, they make me gag!!! Thank you. I'm so happy I went to that shop.
@Gillygirl (15259)
• Sutton, England
@DianneN I got up as trouble sleeping lol.
@Gillygirl So I've seen! You must never go to sleep on a full stomach! lol
Oh oh oh, I can't wait to see the dress and I can't wait to see your final look in it!! Sounds like it went pretty smoothly and voila you found the perfect one out of all of them!!
This shop is awesome and pure awesomeness to shop in. The service has always been exceptional. Thank you! My son was here for several hours and asked what color it is. lol
@DianneN I was wondering about the color too but I'll wait for the big reveal . It's nice to hear there are still places where service is exceptional . . . very rare these days!
@much2say Lol! Not long to wait. I think one must pay for exceptional service, but it's worth it. My granddaughter is performing tomorrow in Michigan.
@KristenH (18948)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Yay Dianne! Hope you look wonderful at your son's wedding.
Thank you! The gown will certainly help, along with my hairdresser and makeup artist. If not, I'm staying home! Lol!
@KristenH (18948)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@DianneN You're welcome. Can't wait to see the photos!
@KristenH The dress is so pretty. I can't wait to wear it!
@dollaboy (6337)
HAHA, you need to have juices then. I'm happy that you get the gown done, have a nice time
Lol! Thank you. It's a huge relief to have the gown.
@dollaboy (6337)
@DianneN that's nice. Have a great weekend
@dollaboy Thanks so much. I hope your weekend was wonderful!
You are all set now. Such a relief to have found the perfect gown!!
It is a huge relief, but I need to buy sandals. I'll look in Saks when we go to Boston. I need comfy ones, so will also buy an extra pair of comfy shoes. I don't know why. The dress covers my tootsies.
I can't wait to see those photos - just two months and you will show it off to the world. Congratulations on finding it at last. When will the seamstress have it ready so you can drool over it in your closet?
I will have a fitting again on September 14th. If it needs any additional adjustments, they will be done within the following week. My husband took photos, and that's why you haven't seen much of me. I've been visiting with our son, looking at the photos, and listening to our mother son dance song repeatedly. Besides that, I've been busy texting our older son. They're all in Michigan now. And we had our Friday night just the two of us dinner. Whew!
@DianneN Sounds like a whirlwind. You needed that dinner just the two of you.
@katsmeow1213 (28707)
Can't wait to see a picture of it! Of course you know you're not allowed to look better than the bride!
Oops! I better return the gown. Lol! Her gown is one million times more beautiful than mine. lol
@DianneN Oh good.. should be okay then! Can't wait for pics!
@bluesa (10604)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I am so happy you found the gown you had in mind, Dianne, and that you had such a lovely day, I can't wait to see the pics! @DianneN , I agree with your husband.
Thank you, Catherine. Now I'm looking forward to the bachelorette party. I wouldn't miss it for the world!
@bluesa (10604)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Yay. So happy you found one! Cant wait to see it
Thanks so much! I'm so behind in notifications!
@DianneN its okay. And you're welcome
What a relief it must be for you to strike off that loaded decision making item off your check list. I have to say this though. I pity those sales girls at that Mall Waiting to see you gown.
I didn't go to a mall, and they were very happy to have my business. They made a lot of money off my husband. I pity the seamstress who has layers of material to hem, but she was pleasant too. We all chatted for a while after the sale was finalized. We had to pay in full, but that's never a problem.
@DianneN Oh yes. It was a dress shop!!!