Mosquitoes at Sunset

@RubyHawk (16515)
Atlanta, Georgia
We've had a pleasant relaxing day. We haven't been out anywhere. I did answer a couple of emails and cook dinner. I haven't even turned on the TV. My better half has watched sports, read and even had a nap. I've mostly sat on the deck catching up with my reading. I read the newspaper and did the jumbles, stretched out in the swing and just looked up at the trees and the patches of blue shining through. I've had the ceiling fan on and enjoyed my day off. But now the sun has set and the mosquitoes have run me inside. It hasn't rained in several days so I don't know where the mosquitoes came from. So here I am mylotting. Haven't answered any comments yet. I knew if I started on those I wouldn't submit any discussion. So, how was your day? Was it restful or exciting?
@PatZAnthony (11502)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
The weather here was nice than expected as it did not get into the 90s @RubyHawk
@RubyHawk (16515)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Great, anything below 90 is fantastic.
@PatZAnthony (11502)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
@RubyHawk Now looking for the low 80s and hoping it will happen soon.
@RubyHawk (16515)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@PatZAnthony I hope so. After our storm tonight I hope it will be cooler here.
It was unusual and fun! I went into DC rode the metro and had lunch with famil
@RubyHawk (16515)
• Atlanta, Georgia
That sounds exciting. My son goes to DC often in his work. But I've never been there.
Your day sounds amazingly peaceful! =) I'm glad you had a good day.
@RubyHawk (16515)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks, and after a pretty sunny just after I came a storm arrived. It's pouring rain with thunder and lightening. I had to run back out to move deck furniture.
Boring. But we did go for one walk and I listed a bunch of stuff at the pawn shop.
@RubyHawk (16515)
• Atlanta, Georgia
That's sounds good. We intended to go to the park in the afternoon but we decided to stay home. it was nice not to have to go out.
Since I missed this yesterday, I had a lovely day. I had my sister and nephew over for a visit, and I had a nice peaceful day! glad your day was so peaceful!
@RubyHawk (16515)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I like visits from friends, too. Glad you had a good one with your sister and nephew. But, yesterday I didn't even have a phone call which is very unusual.
@RubyHawk I usually get at least one phone call a day as my sister calls me daily in most cases! Sometimes she is busy past 6 pm and doesn't call as I am getting ready for bed and she is afraid I may go to sleep, (I have been to bed at 6 pm at times!)and she doesn't want to wake me!
@RubyHawk (16515)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@Marty1 I can understand that. I never call anyone late and I don't like getting late calls. There's a time for everything and phone calls are for daytime.
@moffittjc (29479)
• Gainesville, Florida
I'm surprised that with all the rain we've had here in Florida that we aren't completely engulfed in mosquitoes fright now. They must be aggressively spraying at night to keep the mosquitoes at bay, because I haven't seen any at all, which is unusual. Either that, or our bat population suddenly tripled! haha
@RubyHawk (16515)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I think we need a larger bat population. When we lived close to the foot of a mountain, every evening at near dark bats would come flying down from the mountain. I don't believe we had any mosquitoes there.
@moffittjc (29479)
• Gainesville, Florida
@RubyHawk I love bats, and the fact that we have tons of them here in north Florida! It seems like the bat population keep growing and growing, which is fine with me! I don't ever notice a mosquito problem here.
@RubyHawk (16515)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@moffittjc Bats will keep the mosquito population down.
You had a nice relaxing day. Too bad the mosquitoes spoiled it. My day was okay yesterday.
@RubyHawk (16515)
• Atlanta, Georgia
That's good. We had a busy day today catching up on errands and had to go to the hospital to pick up a CD for my better halfs doctors appointment. I also walked at the park. Wet ground but not actually muddy.
@RubyHawk You did have a busy day. It's good when the walk isn't a muddy one.
@RubyHawk (16515)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@just4him It's cooler after a rain so that's good.
Mosquitoes are not attacked to me thank goodness! So far all summer I had one bite. My husband has had dozens.
@RubyHawk (16515)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I haven't had any bites. But if they are around me they buzz and try to land in my ears.
@RubyHawk Yes, why do they go for the ears?
@RubyHawk (16515)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@AbbyGreenhill It's a mystery to me. But they love ears.
I hate those pesky bugs! They got me good friday!
@RubyHawk (16515)
• Atlanta, Georgia
That's too bad, I hope the bites didn't get infected.
@RubyHawk not that i know of
@RubyHawk (16515)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@Courtlynn You would know if they were infected.
@LeaPea2417 (11886)
• Toccoa, Georgia
It was a restful day.
@RubyHawk (16515)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Good for you, we don't usually get enough of those days. I know I don't.
@Platespinner (15591)
I hate mosquitos!
@RubyHawk (16515)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I don't like them, but I'm not usually out after dark. That's when they are worst.
• Milbridge, Maine
I have not seen many mosquitoes this year in Maine. Some areas are more loaded then others but its been a funny season this year. Its been cold, warm, cold and warm.
@RubyHawk (16515)
• Atlanta, Georgia
You probably don't have hot muggy days in Maine as we have in Georgia. Be thankful.
• Eugene, Oregon
Sunday was a busy day as it turned out. I did some things around the house after my morning fitness walk, then got an email notice that I was hired as an extra for a commercial in Portland and had to respond with a photo taken then, then was submitting some poems to our state association contest online (may have messed that up). Mosquitoes sort of leave me alone, but love Anne and she has quite a skin reaction to those bites.
@RubyHawk (16515)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Congratulations, you have been busy. Mosquitoes don't bother with me that much but my daughter in law, like Anne, has a bad reaction to them. I guess I'm not flavorful enough for mosquitoes.
Sounds like a good day! It also seems like the mosquitoes are pretty bad here as well.
@RubyHawk (16515)
• Atlanta, Georgia
They weren't actually bad. But when one started buzzing around my ears I came in the apartment. it was about dark and time to come in anyway.
@kepweng (733)
hope you have a insect repellant so the mosquito are afraid
@RubyHawk (16515)
• Atlanta, Georgia
No, I don't use any poisons of any kind. If they were a bother I would get a citronela candle and burn it. I don't believe that's the right spelling. You can also get a blue light that attracts mosquitoes. We aren't out on the deck after dark anyway.
I swam for awhile before the rain came.
@RubyHawk (16515)
• Atlanta, Georgia
A good swim is always nice. We should have gone for a swim but we were enjoying being lazy.
Restful and rain is on its way, its been raining off and on all day here and you are just 90 miles from me. Mosquitoes are out by the millions here, we do not go out without OFF.
@RubyHawk (16515)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I don't use any repellent but we are never out after dark. I usually come in from the deck before dark sets in, My sister lives near the lake in Ala. and they are covered with mosquitoes.
Just trying to stay cool still here, it's much better today, but it's still hot just drains my energy and, slows me down in every way.
@RubyHawk (16515)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I'm still trying to understand why it's suddenly hotter in Oregon than Georgia.
I hate mosquitoes! One summer I took yeast pills, and not a one touched me that whole summer. I was excited to go to church this morning. I hadn't been in months. Since my sister and brother-in-law made a special trip here to sing at the service I really hoped I'd be well enough to go, and I was.
@RubyHawk (16515)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I'm so glad you were well enough to go with your sister and brother in law and enjoy the singing.
@kobesbuddy (2593)
We had a very nice day and our weather was beautiful! Mosquitoes, why do they eventually show up, to spoil things for us?
@RubyHawk (16515)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I think mosquitoes love us so much they can't stay away.
@RubyHawk But we don't return that love, in their direction! lol
@RubyHawk (16515)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@kobesbuddy Absolutely not, the little buggers. Stay out of our way or we will slap you down.