Exquisitely Glorious Day

Yes, that's how our weather has been just about every day of this summer. But what made yesterday even more fabulous was a surprise visit from our older son, our daughter-in-law, and our two grandchildren!!! My granddaughter finished seven weeks at sleepover camp in the state of Maine on Friday. This was her third summer. Her mommy, daddy, and brother drove to Maine to pick her up. Her entire bunk of friends saw her off. Yes, she's very popular. lol From there they vacationed in Maine at the beaches and famous amusement parks for the weekend. On their way back to Manhattan, they decided to pop by to surprise us. And what a pleasant surprise it was! They spent a very short two hours with us in the house and in our yard. It was exquisitely glorious outside. Even Doodles enjoyed the weather. The best news is that my daughter-in-law was offered the most perfect job at a New York City University as a professor of law and will only have to teach two classes on Tuesday evenings. Perfect for her busy family! *The photo is of my granddaughter performing a dance at camp. It's mine and all mine to share with you! ;P
• Lakewood, Colorado
This is fabulous Dianne! I am so happy your daughter in law got that position! And your granddaughter looks so lovely and having fun in this photo. So happy you got the time with them on such a glorious day!
Thanks so much!!! She is basically a stay at home mom, but this was too good to pass up. It won't interfere with the kids' activities, and my son will pick them up from religious school on Tuesdays. It was a very exciting and wonderful day just seeing them!
• Lakewood, Colorado
@DianneN Welcome Dianne, have a lovely day now my friend.
@TiarasOceanView The very same to you - I hope!
What a fast summer! How wonderful the family came for a surprise visit - the perfect weather was meant to be. Congratulations to your DIL- that's quite a position and how fortunate to have such a work schedule like that. The stage is the Ice Princess' element - she looks so happy there .
The summer flew by, and to think that the Ice Princess was in Michigan last week and missed her last full weekend at camp. It was so good to see everyone! They all looked tanned and healthy. My DIL is a very bright young lady, so it was fortuitous things worked out this way. My son is happy that she can contribute to the skating lessons. lol Who would have thought that such a shy, once upon a time, little girl would enjoy being on the stage so much?
@bluesa (10807)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Gorgeous photo of her! The joy on her face ! Congratulations to your daughter-in-law. And I am so happy you got such a wonderful surprise visit from them, Dianne, and glorious weather too. Have a good Monday further. Talk soon.
Thank you! I love her tiny shorts. lol. We are very proud of our sons' choices. The women are both brilliant, personable, and gifted in so many ways. Nice weather is always welcome. Hope things get better on your end! and xoxox
@bluesa (10807)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@DianneN and xoxox
@FayeHazel (9441)
I'm happy they came for the visit and there was nice weather. What a cute kid! Thanks for sharing!
Many thanks! Look at those tiny shorts!
Now that was a wonderful surprise!!! Doesn't get much better than that!!! Congratulations to your daughter-in-law on her new job!!!
It certainly was the best surprise I could ever ask for! You know how much I adore those babies of mine. And many thanks!!! The job just fell into her lap. It's good for her to put her law degree to good use after all these years.
@poehere (17073)
• French Polynesia
That is a wonderful surprise and wonderful news. I am so happy the little ice princess is home at last. I know the visit was sort, but it was also such a surprise to see them. Hope all is well and you had a great time.
Thank you! I heard pounding on the front door and when I reached it, I saw my son walking towards it. I truly was surprised! Those little monkeys light up my life. It was a fun two hours, but it was over in a snap. Where has this summer gone???
@poehere (17073)
• French Polynesia
@DianneN Like all seasons of the year they are flying by now. When we were young they went so slow. Now we are older they seem to fly by like our age now.
@poehere You are 100% correct. Please don't remind me. Ha ha! I have the mirror for that!
@mandala100 (24349)
@DianneN Your Ice Princess looks so great in the picture my friend! And how are you doing today my friend?
Thanks so much, Peter. I had a very relaxing day today. I hope you are doing well, too!
@mandala100 (24349)
@DianneN I'm gald to hear that my friend; I'll be very busy later on in the office and so many persons to talk and see.
@mandala100 Have a good day! I'm sure being busy will make the day fly by!
I didn't know there were so many amuzement parks up that way, of course I should have guessed. That's a great shot of your Granddaughter, she is one happy young lady.
There are a couple of great water parks and amusement parks up there. We used to bring our kids there during summer vacations. It's so nice that our older son remembers the good times we had and wants the same for his kids. Ah, memories!
Good memories are worth their weight in gold @DianneN
Thats great news, and so happy they stopped in to see you guys!
Thanks! You know how much love I have for them all.
@DianneN yes ! And thats exactly how it should be. Im jealous
good news all around there Dianne
It was a nice surprise for sure!
@DianneN we all love nice surprise
@amadeo We sure do!
@PatZAnthony (11729)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Your granddaughter is just so cute. The sleep away camp adventure must have been great fun for her and her friends. Sounds like your daughter-in-law found the perfect job.
Thanks, Pat! This was her third year of the camp and is one I wish I could have gone to as a kid. The job fell into my Dil's lap. We are all so pleased for her.
You sure had a nice visit with your family. That is always good.
Always!
@Lucky15 (33758)
You got a lot of great surprises there Dianne :D
The best! Thank you!!!
@dramagirl26 (3439)
• Ringgold, Virginia
It was great that they could pop in for a visit, even if it was a short one.
I'd take any amount of time with them. I just can never have enough time with them and love them so much!
• Riga, Latvia
You have a very talented and lovely granddaughter. What a lovely surprise you had. Congratulations to your daughter-in-law fro getting such a fantastic job offer. Have a great day.
Many thanks!
@dollaboy (6337)
That's so nice to know. Have a great time. Your Grand daughter is very talented
Thank you! She surprises us with her talents.
@Gillygirl (15260)
• Sutton, England
Lovely photo of your Ice princess Dianne. Congratulations to your daughter-in-law on her perfect job.
Thanks Gill! At least my DIL can dress up and talk to older people, besides other mommies.
That is all great stuff to be happy about. I am trying to go to Manhattan to get another picture drawn on the street. It's awesome down there.
Thank you! Isn't Manhattan the best place on earth? I feel the same and hope you can return soon!
@epiffanie (8350)
i enjoyed reading your post ;) .. and your lovely granddaughter is a delight to watch ..
Is it back to school next week for your granddaughter?