Do you pray to Jesus for instant wealth?

https://pixabay.com/en/christ-the-redeemer-rio-de-janeiro-2447923/
Dallas, Texas
I for one do not pray to Jesus to win the lottery. I do not pray to Jesus to help me find a bag of gold to pay off my debts. I do not pray to Jesus to win a contest or find a bag of cold hard cash under some rock near a tree stump. I do however, pray to Jesus. When I am asked do I pray? I say, Yes. I do. I pray to Jesus, God, Mary and the Saints for strength to make it one more day. I figure that whatever God wants me to have in this life I already got and I try to hold on to it but I am not greedy. I do not pray for power or wealth. I don't need these to make it to the Kingdom of Heaven when I leave this forsaken wasteland of lost souls and hate and folly.
@vsai2008 (7632)
Nope I don't, I pray for peace of the world
• Dallas, Texas
I do as well. Thank you for sharing. It means a lot.
@vsai2008 (7632)
@lookatdesktop It has been my pleasure, how are you doing today?
@Hate2Iron (7326)
Of all the things to pray for... money would never be one of them. I talk to God regularly but for strength too... I need all the help that I can get in that area!
• Dallas, Texas
That is so very very true. You are praying for the thing that matters most to you, Strength to survive this retched world of foolishness and sorrow.
I prayer for forgiveness and give thanks. That's it.
• Dallas, Texas
I respect you for this very much. I am humbled by your words.
Yes I pray for everything. I ask for everything and I give thanks for everything. In the Bible , I do not know verse nor chapter or book, but I know " Ask and Ye shall receive." I prayed for this home and God made way for me to get it. I prayed and asked God for a new car, he sent me a temp car and then a new use car. I don`t understand not asking. God knows my heart and what I will do with Millions of dollars, I would not be drinking and smoking, no parties but homes for people, teach them how to garden and live.
@dragon54u (31298)
I assume that He has better ways to spend His time than making me wealthy. I pray several times a day, thanking Him for all the wonderful people in my life and for taking care of me. I pray that my time on this earth will end soon and thank Him for the great memories I have.
I do not..
@mandala100 (24982)
@lookatdesktop I wonder if the One above will give in or hear that sort of prayer asking only for material things. How are you doing today my friend?
I just thank God for what I have. God can not let everyone win the lotto.