Where Old MYLOT Discussions Hide

MyLot
Denmark
Contrary to members who delete their discussions once they've got enough reads I save mine. English is a foreign language for me and I put some effort into them. I don't know why I shouldn't post them again for new readers who weren't around yet when I posted them the first time so that they can enjoy my pearls of wisdom. Over the years, I've got a vast collection of posts from different sites. When I see a title, I sometimes can't remember where I posted the text. So I have to do some checking on google. If it's a site which has died - and there have been quite a lot over the years (not through my fault, though, I hasten to add) - I can use the text again. Today I saw a text in my collection and thought of posting it. I remembered that I had written it not too long ago. Was it for bubblews? Or even for myLot? It would be embarrassing if I posted the same text again after a year or so. Google led me to a site with the strange title 'MyLot Most Recent Discussions' . Recent? It contains only old ones. Darn! I saw the title under the date 11/5/2016. So it's already on the site and I can't use it again. Out of curiosity I scrolled back to the date in my list of discussions. But the text isn't there! Niente, nada, zilch. What now? Why does the site I've found via google tell me that I posted the discussion on a certain date and when I check this date it isn't there? Please, Mr Admin @GoAskAlex enlighten me and tell me if I can post the discussion here now. --- The link doesn't lead to the site where my discussion is listed. Don't know why. It shows a random one. Photo: pixabay
http://neozaz.com/category/articles/feed/?page_number_0=3&page_number_2=1&page_number_3=1&page_number_4=5&page_number_7=3 Are you the publisher? Claim or contact us about this channel Embed this content in your HTML Search confirm cancel Report adult conte
This is very interesting, I would also like to know. I have saved ALL my articles/ posts but I do not save discussions. Why? because they are more in the minute chatting. When my blog articles are about a continuing story of life and are anywhere from 350 words to over 1,000. I have stopped writing the blog about cooking because that one will be a book someday before I die, I hope.
@GoAskAlice (4179)
Well, I suppose if it isn't on this site, and the only place that is still exists is a site mirroring discussions from this site, there really isn't much harm. I heard back from Bugs, the site is not at all affiliated with MyLot.
• Denmark
Thank you. That's good news.
@pgntwo (21736)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
I found the site too, @MALUSE - interesting, I too would like to hear from Admin what role this RSS archive plays... Could it be part of the inner workings of myLot? Love the photo you used on this post ;)
• Denmark
Thanks. I hope admin will react.
I don't save any of my posts {but really important things are written on my blog, anyway} but would certainly never delete them. The Internet can be a little odd sometimes!
This is curious, I have checked the site and I see myLot posts showing there. Is this site legit? I think that you should ask Admin.
http://www.mylot.com/feed Are you the publisher? Claim or contact us about this channel Embed this content in your HTML Search confirm cancel Report adult content: click to rate: Account: (login) More Channels Showcase Channel Catalog Articles on this Page
• Denmark
What could it be if it weren't legit? An illegal hiding-place for old myLot posts? Who would run such a thing?
• Israel
This link led me to the most recent discussions on Mylot as of yesterday. Why are people interested in this? Can't they get the same information by going on Mylot itself? Are we that popular on the Internet? Can we get famous this way?
@rachael5760 This is what we are trying to understand. The Admin knows nothing about this site.
@bluesa (12812)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I don't delete any of my posts, they are a trip down memory lane for me, good or bad. I hope all has been resolved by now with this mysterious site @MALUSE
• Denmark
I also see my old post as a trip down memory lane! No, sadly, I'm not any the wiser. Nothing has been cleared up yet.
@bluesa (12812)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@MALUSE , yes, with the way life goes by at least we have our posts to remind us of certain moments or happenings. Sorry that this has not been resolved yet.
I have been removing some of mine. Once the post is done for me I want it gone. I will remove more today. some things are for the moment.
• Denmark
My posts are for eternity, heehee!
@FayeHazel (11737)
Oh dear. I wouldn't want to delete my posts. I didn't know that was a habit with some folks.
• Denmark
It's strange, isn't it? I can't understand why people do that.
@Kahl39 (1083)
• Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
That sounds strange though. It should be just in their database. Was there a time myLot was not operational? I just wonder.
• Denmark
I've been here for one and a half year. During this time myLot has worked correctly.
I hope you get an answer soon. I keep all my posts on a Word document.
• Denmark
I'm glad to hear that. I don't understand people who delete everything they've written.
What a mystery. I hope that you can get some answers
intresting,am new and learning from you guys.
• Baguio, Philippines
This is interesting.. We save our posts because we know they are relevant. Unless those posts have no substance or relevance then they are just like junks.
@Jotomy (6121)
No I didn't see my old discussions are got deleted.
@valmnz (13162)
• New Zealand
I don't keep any of my posts. I treat what I writ here as social networking, not something I hope will be there for any length of time. However, I know that many myLot writers do take the site much more seriously. Therefore it must be frustrating to find yourself in the situation you're in.
I write my posts on a notepad page and save them all. And the ones on Mylot still make me money from time to time.
I hope Mr Admin @GoAskAlex can give you an answer to your question. I never saved any posts from the many sites I have frequented over the years.