How Many More Must Die?

Photo from Twitter
Laguna Woods, California
Columbine Gabby Giffords Sandy Hook San Bernardino Virginia Tech Las Vegas So many people and so many deaths. Most of these deaths made possible by the easy access to guns, assault rifles, semi-automatic weapons, and devices which will turn non-automatic weapons into automatic ones. So many loopholes in the United States which allow people to purchase all the guns they want without arousing the suspicion of authorities. So many sad stories. When will it end? How many more must die before Congress decides to tighten our gun control laws, require guns to be registered, ban assault weapons, ban large capacity ammo cartridges and extend the ban on silencers? How many more must die?
@1hopefulman (20372)
It is very sad that there is so much violence and bloodshed.
• Laguna Woods, California
@1hopefulman - I agree that there is too much violence and bloodshed in the U.S. It is awful!
@1hopefulman (20372)
@DeborahDiane Violence is a world-wide problem. There are two kinds of people in the world, those that hate violence and those that love it. Look at the movies that are being made. Look at the super-hero movies that are so popular.
• Laguna Woods, California
@1hopefulman - Sadly, I think you are right that there are those of us who hate violence and other people who love it. Unfortunately, those who love it seem to be in control.
I wholly agree! The US is a dangerous country to visit lately.
@Hatley No one needs automatic weapons, Patsie. They are not a need for anyone who lives peacefully.
@marguicha you are so right so ri ght
• Laguna Woods, California
@marguicha - I agree that the U.S. has become too violent. No one needs automatic weapons or the devices to turn regular rifles into automatic ones. No one needs these things. It is scary to go anywhere.
Something absolutely must be done to prevent these things from happening, it's a very sad day.
• Laguna Woods, California
@TRBRocks420 - I agree that something must be done. Every month it seems we have another mass shooting.
@RubyHawk (21394)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I have no idea but these latest killings might get results. We can only hope.
@RubyHawk (21394)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@DeborahDiane I cannot understand Congress. That will only compound the problem. At least the people at the concert could hear the shots and try to get out. With silencers they wouldn't have known where they were coming from.
• Laguna Woods, California
@RubyHawk - You are absolutely right. Without silencers, it was easier for the police to find the shooter, too. I do not understand why Congress would even consider letting people buy silencers. The thought absolutely disgusts me.
@RubyHawk (21394)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@DeborahDiane I wonder what reasons they give for considering silencers.
Horrendous!
• Laguna Woods, California
@DianneN - I agree. I am heart-broken reading these stories. The cousin of a young women we know was one of the people killed. The young women had just been married a few years and left behind a 3 month old baby. That is so sad. Her family is devastated.
@DeborahDiane OMG! That is just awful news!!!!! I've been watching CNN and other national stations here and there. There are so many stories, some good (lucky) and many very sad.
• Laguna Woods, California
@DianneN - Every time I hear more stories from friends and on CNN, I become even more heartbroken and angry about the irresponsibility of Congress. Other countries do not let people build up huge stockpiles of weapons. Other countries do not allow ordinary people to own assault weapons or purchase the types of gadgets which allow a regular rifle to be turned into an automatic weapon. It is so upsetting. The NRA owns the Republicans in Congress.
our country has to stop makngit possible for evil people to be able to buy aitpmatoc weapons amd befpre a perso can even b a gunheor she must be tested fpr possible mental disease too
Enough is enough! Congress better get their act together.
• Laguna Woods, California
@DianneN - The indifference of Congress is literally making me sick every time we have another mass shooting. It is heart-breaking!
@fishtiger58 (30716)
• Momence, Illinois
Sadly I don't think it will ever end. Humans have been killing each other since the beginning of time. I heard on the news yesterday that the United States averages 16 mass shootings a year. Horrendous.
• Laguna Woods, California
@fishtiger58 - That number is horrendous, and far worse than what they see in other countries. We have to get a handle on this. Congress must act.
• Laguna Woods, California
@fishtiger58 - Even a car bomb would not be able to shoot over 500 people, killing 58 of them. We can do better. Other countries have not ever had one person kill this many people at one time. We look ridiculous to the rest of the world. We don't take even the minimum steps to protect ourselves.
@fishtiger58 (30716)
• Momence, Illinois
@DeborahDiane I know it's a scary scary world. Hard to imagine a world without all this mess going on. I would hope someday it will be but I certainly have my doubts.
@kepweng (6382)
its funny thing that islamic state telling bragging in social media or news that thier soldier carried out the attack but its a addicted gambler who lost a lot of money in casino who did it
• Laguna Woods, California
@kepweng - White Americans kill more people in mass shootings in our country than Islamic terrorists. It is horrible.
Who needs more than one or two rifles? Certainly there should be limits on the number and type of weapons allowed.
• Laguna Woods, California
@JudyEv - No other country in the world seems to have the problem with mass shootings which we have here in the U.S. It is horrible that our Congress can't even make a half-hearted attempt to control these dreadful weapons.
@Bluedoll (16791)
It is very sad. I watched some live camera experiences. It would be very hard to meet face to face the families of that are suffering now.
@manu1989 (28)
• Sri Lanka
Something absolutely must be done to prevent these things from happening.
• Laguna Woods, California
@manu1989 - I agree that something needs to be done, but our Congress is unwilling to do anything. It has become horrifying to go anywhere in our country for fear something like this could happen.
@nanette64 (13829)
• Fairfield, Texas
What I don't understand @DeborahDiane is that 'supposedly' a maid was in that room on multiple occasions to do her job. You mean she didn't find anything while doing the cleaning? AND the front desk never saw him carrying in the front door some weird-sized containers?
@nanette64 (13829)
• Fairfield, Texas
@DeborahDiane Very possible. I understand he had 13 large suitcases.
• Laguna Woods, California
@nanette64 - Wow! 13 Large Suitcases! That's a lot of luggage. However, if he brought them in at different times, no one would notice. It is a huge hotel with multiple entrances.
@nanette64 (13829)
• Fairfield, Texas
@DeborahDiane Very true.
@WriterAI (3814)
• Bulgaria
I send my thoughts and prayers from Bulgaria for second time here. I sent them already via Facebook. It's a very sad day for the world as a whole.
• Laguna Woods, California
@WriterAI - Thank you very much for your thoughts and prayers. Yes, it is a very sad day for our country, but also for the whole world. None of us like to see people die needlessly, whether it happens in our own country or another one.
@WriterAI (3814)
• Bulgaria
@dogsnme (1269)
As tragic as these deaths are the numbers would be far, far higher if it weren't for the right of law-abiding citizens to own fire arms.
This is f*ck*ng sad.
• Laguna Woods, California
@TheInvisibleMan - You are so right. This is very, very sad.