What A Year

Johannesburg, South Africa
This year has been a crazy year. I had a part time job for a year, however had to quit it due to personal reasons. Then when I thought things were looking up, more bumps came along. My son was struggling in school,so I had to fight to get him in a school that could help him on an academic level. My mom landed up in hospital for a back op, then a few weeks later a hip op. After that tests were done and she found out she had Cancer. Okay so having Cancer is common in my family, is knew that it was serious but did not think it could get worse. We tried to locate my one brother who is a wandering soul to let him know about my mom. But could not find him. Low and behold it got worse, we found out it was stage 4. Now we were all on egg shells as we knew that the chances of her recovering from it was slim. Knowing what the odds were my mom decided to go for chemo and radiation therapy as the doctor suggested. I was hoping that the treatment would work. Sadly it did not, and 28 days after my mom was diagnosed she passed away. I finally got hold of my onew brother that we were searching for, but that was the day before her funeral. I had to break the news to him over the phone. The grieving process has not even had chance to start as I'm busy with trying to keep my household in order. Trying to be there for my son who needs me. Trying to sort out all my mom's things, like her accounts, will etc. Which is harder than I expected. Trying to be there for my brother and rest of my family, and trying to look for work. I am just hoping that this year has no more bad surprises in store.
As hard as it might be for you e thankful you had time to be with her before she left this earth. My mom is struggling right now with the fact that she had missed that chance. I hope all the stuff you have to do will come for you. It's going to be a hard road but as you know it takes one day at a time. I am so happy yo found your brother.
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Thank You. I am also glad that we found my brother. It's sad that it takes a loss for family to come together again at times.
So sorry for your loss. Stay strong.
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Thank You
I am so sorry your mom passed away. You have had so much to deal with in one year. I, too, hope this year will have no more bad surprises for you.
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Thank you, I hope so too as well as I know we are not given more than we can handle. However I don't think I can stand anymore bad surprises.
• Pamplona, Spain
So sorry about your Mom Chantiele I really am. Did you find your Son another School then? Hope so and glad to see you around too.
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Thank you, yes we did find another school, it took fighting with the department of education every week for about 6 months to get something done though.
• Pamplona, Spain
@Chantiele Six months? That is a long time for nowadays. I thought they would have been more flexible specially seeing a child is involved.
@studylove (2128)
Sorry to know about your loss. How are you feeling now?
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I am taking each day in my stride, however still having to deal with everything and have only touched the tip of the iceberg.
@sishy7 (27606)
That's a lot to deal with in a span of just one year. So sorry of your Mom's passing. Stay strong!
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Thank you for your comment. I am taking a day at a time. :)