Second-hand items: Yes or No?

What is your opinion about them? Do you think they are worth it, beyond the financial aspect (which in the vast majority of cases is an advantage to the financial health of our pocket)? Tell me about it.
Depends upon the item. I wouldn't buy a couch but a book is okay.
@Shellyann36 (8598)
I have bought several second-hand items. Most of mine have been limited to clothing, books and toys but the savings come in handy when you have 3 boys that grow like weeds.
@Shellyann36 I can imagine.
@TheInvisibleMan I really want to go to some of the larger cities in my area to the Good Will and Salvation Army places. The Good Will in the state capital has great clothing for decent prices.
@Bopsalay (157)
• Phuket, Thailand
That is good idea to save ur money.
@Bopsalay A really good one.
• Pamplona, Spain
Like everyone else it would have to be the item. I would not buy a second hand sofa but there again if I saw it in good condition I just might it all depends really. Second hand clothes are not a favourite of mine to buy really.
@Madshadi (4860)
• Brussels, Belgium
When it comes to electronics yes, but clothing or furniture or baby toys no way. It also depends how cheaper the second hand item is. If it’s just slightly less cheaper than new then I would buy new.
@Madshadi "...but clothing or furniture or baby toys no way". That's right.
@peachpurple (10708)
funny, malaysians couldn't accept 2nd hand items unless the items are really cheap such as $2
@dgobucks226 (6811)
I would buy a second hand item in very good condition for example a used car or furniture. Even clothes if they have my size which they never do, lol.
Second hand items, thrift items, items bought on garage sales are a yes to me. Aside from the price, you never know what unique or treasured items you can find in there. But I choose carefully what I buy. I don't buy broken, unsafe, gross or unsanitary items on second hand sales. There are exemptions - items that are ought to be bought brand new. I may be practical but I'm also choosy when it comes to second hand items.
@UmiNoor (3427)
I've bought second hand items before and found them quite reliable especially the ones that are not electronics. I won't buy second hand electronics because there's no warranty.
On clothes and books, definitely.
Hmmm, it depends. But to be honest, I will never buy second-handed clothes.
@RodrickH (1121)
Electronic device is a good option when considering second handed,other things I won't buy because you don't know what they belong to
@Deepizzaguy (7654)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
There are some second hand stores in Lake Charles like Goodwill and CARC Treasure Chest in Lake Charles that have shirts and baseball caps that my relatives buy from time to time. Not the greatest shirts of all time but they are good to wear. For example I would like to see a second hand store that sells sports jerseys.
@KristenH (20470)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
It depends on the item itself in my opinion. It doesn't hurt to donate clothes, books, other objects to the Salvation Army or thrift stores to go to those who are less fortunate and maybe homeless.
I am the youngest kid of 4 and had an older sister and several other older female cousins so I got a lot of second-hand items. I see nothing wrong with them if they are in shape. Good Will is one of my favorite places to shop at and everything there is second-hand items from someone else or things stores can't get rid of. I went there last week and bought a shirt and 2 nice cardigans for less than $15. One of those cardigans was from Khol's and still had the price tag on it. It was originally $36 and I got it $4.
@sugartoes (34780)
• Greencastle, Indiana
I buy a lot of stuff from a thrift store, cause it's a lot cheaper & sometimes they last longer than the store stuff you buy for a higher price.