The Beach In Autumn.

Pixabay picture.
By Jabo
United Kingdom
Contrary to popular belief we have some really lovely beaches in England. I've just come back from a break in one of our towns on the east coast, and the beach has a charm all of it's own at this time of year. The vast expanse of golden sand was deserted apart from the occasional person walking their dog, and a couple of fishermen. I didn't actually go onto the sand but had a couple of very enjoyable walks along the promenade. I was lucky with the weather as the sun was out - weak, but it was there. It made me feel good to be alive. Do you like the seaside 'out of season' ? Photo from Pixabay, but it resembles that beach.
we went there today.We go all year long.we loved it.Ms.Ruby loves it.
I don't know about in your area, but dogs aren't allowed on most of our beaches from May until the end of September.
@jaboUK they can run up to nine in the morning. They can walk about on the boardwalk and grass area.Oh!yes we pick up Ms.Ruby poop.We are very good about this.
@amadeo I'm glad to hear that you pick up, good for you.
No matter what beach there is, regardless of any reviews people may have, the beach itself never disappoints. I'm always in awe how such a big beautiful body of water could even exist as it does! As our weather is pretty mild all year 'round, we can go to the beach almost anytime - for us it's only about a half hour drive away. Sounds like you had a most lovely time!
@much2say You are lucky to live near the beach, though I'm not too far away - 70 miles. Yes, I did have a great time thanks.
@jaboUK Just curious what they do say about the beaches in England?
@much2say I suppose it's more about not being able to enjoy the beaches because of the weather.
Yes no matter what time of the year I will, when near a beach, take a walk.
I really enjoyed it without lots of people milling around.
@jaboUK So do I.
I like most places 'out of season'. Less people usually and it's nice to see the 'other side' of places too.
@JudyEv That's it, I think you can appreciate a place more when there aren't many people getting in the way.
@jaboUK I also appreciate that to others at the resort or whatever I'm one of the 'other people' too.
Judy, that does make sense and you are right less people around.
I've only been to a beach twice both times in summer. So much for what I may know, right?
@rebelann What - only twice in your whole life? Did you not have family vacations as a child, or did you go somewhere else?
When I was real small dad kept getting orders for new bases here and there so we'd be on the road a lot @jaboUK then after he was stationed here our vacations were usually spent in the outskirts of Dallas with his parents but only when he was in the states, dad served in Korea and then in the late 60s he was in Okinawa. It's well over 700 miles to a beach in any direction from here so I only went once as a kid when mom took us back in 1963 and the second time I went I was about 25 or so.
@rebelann Oh ok, I understand now.
I chose to go to Goa in the rains surely an out of the season experience. The beaches there were washed out and clean and there was greenery all round.
@allknowing That sounds good, but I'd rather it didn't rain when I'm on a beach
@jaboUK We were at a tea stall I remember and it was fun watching those on the beach getting drenched. They did not run away but enjoyed the rain.
Beautiful photo of the beach and, yes I love it at any time.
There's nothing quite like being by the sea, is there?
@jaboUK No one of if not the best views in the world.
What a beautiful picture, I love pixabay. I miss the beach, and your post makes me want to visit even more.
@misunderstood_zombie Yes Pixabay has some great pics, and this is a lovely one. Are you far from the sea?
I don't or didn't visit the beach out of season. I would think it would be too cold. I only went to the beach in summer.
@Hannihar Yes, it's not too warm, especially when the wind blows. It's still charming though.
@jaboUK Jabo, I am glad it is still charming.
@Hannihar Jabo,I am glad of that.
@YrNemo (8472)
I go to the beach more often when I have too many cobwebs in my mind. Then, I would sit there watching the tide in/out until dusk arrived.
@YrNemo I agree, the sea air is a great mind cleanser.
@YrNemo (8472)
@jaboUK Our problems, however big, compared to the vastness of the sea, suddenly become nothing!
@YrNemo Very true.
@Spontaneo (180)
As a child, in elementary school, I wondered what it would be like to live in England. Now, it is too late, as I cannot fly in an airplane due, to claustrophobia and fear. I envy you! :)
@Spontaneo I'd hate not to be able to fly - we are going to Spain in a plane on Tuesday, and we'll stay there for a month.
@jaboUK Be safe.
@Spontaneo Thanks, I'll do my best
@dpk262006 (54659)
Beaches are always attractive and I love to go to a beach. I live in a land locked city and there is no beach around my city. The nearest sea beach is some 800 Kms away from my city, therefore, it is always an exciting experience to visit a beach.
That is a long way from the sea for you, and I can see how exciting it would be to actually go there,
@dpk262006 (54659)
@jaboUK Indeed it is.
@fly802 (1222)
Seaside always seems very attractive to me.I wish I could live beside seabeach.
@fly802 I suppose if we lived there we would take it for granted
@fly802 (1222)
@bunnybon7 (33048)
• Holiday, Florida
I never heard that the beaches are not lovely there. I would think being in the ilses it would have lots of beautiful beaches . I am more of a forest . land , and mountain lover myself. never was a great swimmer anyway.
@bunnybon7 We don't have any forests or mountains near us, but I love them too.
@bunnybon7 (33048)
• Holiday, Florida
@jaboUK God has created a lot of beauty here
I'm glad you had a good walk along the beach. Very nice picture. I like a beach any time of year.
@just4him Yes, and the sea air can be very invigorating.
@jaboUK Yes, it can.
@Asylum (47194)
• Manchester, England
Yes I do like the beach resorts out of season. The only problem is that the weather at Northern beaches is much worse than the Southern ones.
@Asylum Oh I know, I was at Redcar not too long ago and it was 'bracing' to say the least.
@Asylum (47194)
• Manchester, England
@jaboUK There would not a lot of sunbathing going on up there.
@xFiacre (10467)
@jabouk Winter beaches can be exquisite. I love swimming in winter early in the morning in big empty beaches in Donegal.
Ooh, I bet that's cold! The only seas I've swum in recently have been the Caribbean or the Med.
@xFiacre (10467)
@jaboUK The sea is often warmer than the air -something to do with the gulf stream - so taking the plunge isn't so bad though we are a rare breed who do so.
Well, we have lakes nearby that I visit in fall and winter, but the sea is far, far away from our location.
@Corbin5 I suppose you are near the Great Lakes? In England I think nowhere is more than 100 miles from the sea, probably less.
@jaboUK We do have Lake Michigan in the city of Chicago. It is lovely in summer, but in cold temperatures, it is not that much fun.
@zarlamain (23949)
I love the seaside out of season. Contrary to popular belief, it's the most beautiful time to visit beaches.
@zarlamain I agree with you, I don't like crowds anyway.
@zarlamain (23949)
@jaboUK Me neither. The beaches are so beautiful in cold weather.
The seaside out of season is one of my favourite places. The best seaside I ever went to was on the Lincolnshire coast. Completely deserted, no toilets or food places, and a twenty minute walk to get there from the car park. Beautiful.
The Lincolnshire coast is lovely too and that beach you went to sounds very isolated.