He made me cry!

At least they were tears of appreciation! As most of you know Thanksgiving in America is tomorrow, and my family will be out of town (dad is going to new wife's family 1 1/2 hrs. away; sister with inlaws). I'll be just fine watching football with my dog, Annabelle. I have stuff for a nice salad, and I planned to buy a ready baked chicken. Turkey is the main meat served on Thanksgiving, but it's easier and cheaper to buy a small, ready made chicken. I wasn't feeling well, but I headed to the closest supermarket. For reasons I won't go into, I couldn't go into the store. So, I headed to the next closest supermarket. Their ovens were out! So I headed home without a chicken. I talked to my dad this evening, and he asked if I had bought my chicken. I talked all week about buying that stupid chicken. So I told him I hadn't, explained why, and wished him and his wife a happy Thanksgiving. About an hour later who showed up at my apartment with a ready cooked chicken? My dad did. He also came with my current favorite fruit, a new melon I tried a few weeks aho, a Summer Kiss melon. So I cried. He said you're welcome, but he's not much about people thanking him. He loves to do stuff for people, but isn't comfortable with praise. When is the last time you cried for a good reason?
Oh my gosh, this made me tear up . . . what a lovely guy your dad is to bring you all that food !
I think so too.
@AmbiePam Happy Thanksgiving to you and all your family!!!
That is SOOO nice. What a lovely story - and what a kind father you have.
I don't deserve him, but I am thankful for him.
Aww that was nice of him. Sorry you didnt go into the store..
What a very sweet and kind father you have. That would have made me cry too. Our son made me sniffle last Friday night when he face-timed with me. My husband was working late, and our daughter-in-law was napping (after work) so it was just our son and I chatting-like we've done for so many tens of thousands of hours over the course of his lifetime. And she said some really sweet things to me. Like he's known to do, and I give thanks each and every day for him, and the relationship that we share, but he still amazes me. Have a Happy Thanksgiving, I know that your Dad's unselfish act of kindness is another thing that you will be giving thanks for.
Your post made ME cry!
@AmbiePam I'm sorry, that wasn't my intent. I just am so passionate and love him so very much, and I just know that your Dad feels the very same way towards you.
@Juliaacv It was touching, so it's a good cry.
• Portland, Connecticut
That was so sweet of him to make sure you would have your own little feast on Thanksgiving. I can't remember crying for a good reason, I don't cry often or easily but it was probably over a sentimental movie.
Those darn sentimental movies!
• Portland, Connecticut
@AmbiePam lol Yup this time of year Hallmark has me tearing up.
That's a heck of a Dad you got there my friend.
I know. I am very blessed.
Your daddy loves you
@1creekgirl (8704)
What a sweet thing for your dad to do!
Wow! Your dad is a loving father. That was what a sweet dad should do. Me, I cry just looking at my precious family. I cried at Thanksgiving having them all under one roof.
That really is special.
@AmbiePam I just despise the runny nose that comes with the crying.
I don't cry often but the last time I remember crying is when I watche E.T. on Netflix a couple of months ago. That movie always gets to me. I'm glad he brought you some chicken and melon.
That is definitely a tear jerker.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Your Dad is so good Ambie. I hope Thanksgiving was fine for you and Annabelle too. And all your family there. Cry? I guess the other day about something ..think I was just sick of being sick.
That would have made me cry too and what a nice Thanksgiving your dad gave you by showing up with a chicken.
@katsmeow1213 (28925)
Aww that's great! Enjoy your Thanksgiving with your chicken and your fruit.
@dodoazo (11175)
I am already 66 years old. I couldn't remember. Anyway advanced happy thanksgiving day.
Your dad is a nice guy.
He's a treasure.
@AmbiePam Take care of him.
@TheInvisibleMan I sure try to. When my mom was in her dementia battle it was difficult, but thankfully I helped enough to keep him from a heart attack. Of course his strength deserves the majority of the credit.
That was so awesome of your dad to do that! The last time I cried for a good reason was when someone at the pool told me how much they admired me for all I put myself through in trying to lose weight, as she knows the physical problems I have. It had me in tears.
That IS special.
@AmbiePam Yes, it is.
@FayeHazel (11668)
What a kind man your dad is. That is awesome and you know what? You deserve that kindness in your life :-)
That is so sweet. Thank you for saying that.
@FayeHazel (11668)
@cahaya1983 (9552)
So nice and thoughtful of your father to do that for you. I've noticed that people that are not comfortable with praise are usually very humble people, no doubt your dad is one of them.
Yes, I think so.
Oh, my. You dad loves you so much. I miss my dad and mom too.
Bless your heart.
The last time I cried for a good reason is when someone close to my heart remembers my birthday which i did not expect! It was a surprise for me. So i cried.