First Things First

Before I jump into our magnificent pool in Florida, I have several things that need doing. I must finish packing things to ship to Florida later today. I must make room in my closets for my son and new daughter-in-law. They have sold their home and will live in our house while we are wintering in Florida. They will take their time to find a home that is perfect for them. And the most difficult thing for me will be returning Doodles, the cat, to our son on Sunday, the day before we leave. Luckily, I will see Doodles on Monday morning when we drop off an extra car at my son's house. Then my son will drive us to the airport. Parting is such sweet sorrow.
Aww you got me with the picture I though you were siting in front of that pretty pool. Won’t be much longer now.
We leave Monday and that pool is calling to me! lol. Thanks! We love it.
Me too @shaggin I was immediately jealous when I saw that picture
@Marilynda1225 I don’t like to get in water but oh my that View is beautiful and I’d love to feel that warm air and sunshine as we got a light dusting of snow last night.
Enjoy your winter stay in Florida.Doodles will be in good hand
We are dropping him off Sunday to my son. I've been telling Doodles that Grammy will return. Poor boy.
@DianneN well he is in good hand.
It is nice that they are staying at your home until they find the perfect home for them. Time is drawing near. Soon you will on the beach soaking up the sun!
I'm getting that feeling of anticipation and excitement now. But Doodles knows something is going on. He has been following me from room to room upstairs and downstairs. I put Bach on to soothe him. He's napping right next to me now.
@DianneN awww poor guy
It's nice that your son and daughter in law will be staying at your house while you are in Florida. Seems like it works out well for everyone. Gosh it's hard to believe that it's time for you to return to sunny warm Florida but looking forward to your posts especially if Orville is still visiting.
Thanks, Marilyn. I'm happy for the kids. This way they won't feel pressured to run out and buy anything only to be sorry later. I will look for Orville the moment we arrive and hope he made it through the hurricane.
@DianneN will you post a current picture of Orville? I think he was smart enough and went to Europe to wait out the hurricane. I bet he is getting impatient waiting for his good friend, (you!) to come back. I can understand about leaving Doodles as I feel the same about going out for just a few hours without Onyx!
@Marty1 I will look far and wide for Orville and post as many pictures of him as possible if he is still there. He's my pet away from home. I know you understand how I feel about Doodles. I'm so sad. I seem to love him more and more each day.
Poor Doodles he will miss you, I am sure. There is so much to do when you go away for several months.
You know how much I adore that Doodles. He has been following me up and down the stairs and from room to room. I think he knows we are leaving, the poor babydoll. Yes, lots to do with the house and cars, bills, etc. This year it's worse, because I have to make room in the closets and dressers, since the kids will be staying here. I'm on myLot to relax, then back to work!!!
@DianneN Your son is lucky, you are doing your best to make them comfortable while they search the perfect house for them.
@JustBhem (22701)
• Davao, Philippines
All I can say is enjoy your trip to Florida and for sure Doodles will miss you.
Thanks so much! I miss him so much already and he's napping right next to me!
@JustBhem (22701)
• Davao, Philippines
@DianneN Yay, looks like he doesn't want to be away from you.
@JustBhem He knows we're leaving. He has followed me all over the house all day long! Poor baby.
@hereandthere (24234)
how many days does it take for your things to reach florida? i remember you son wanted to keep his bedroom furniture. so i guess they're in storage somewhere? does your son follow the same, um, ocd routine you do for doodles?
The boxes usually get there the same day we do or the day after. I'm just sending some new clothes down, shoes, several cases of sunglasses, a new bedroom clock, and handbags that I don't want to keep there for 8 months. My son is renting a pod for his bedroom set and a few other things he wants to keep. While we're away, he will move into our house little by little. I assume it will mostly be clothes and personal things to tide them over. My son is a bit OCD when it comes to cleaning and of course, Doodles has him well trained, too.
@DianneN a very smart and irresistible cat
@hereandthere Thank you. He is a character, but sweet and so smart.
That pool is gorgeous! I know it will be hard being without Doodles though.
Thank you! I love hanging around the pool. Oh, I'm sick over Doodles. I love him beyond belief and have been so sad and depressed this week.
Doodles seem to be the most difficult one for you to leave behind. He really is one wonderful kitty cat!!! The people know where you are going, but poor Doodles does not.
You are absolutely correct. I try to explain it to him, but he's not a dog and thus has difficulty processing. Couldn't resist.
@DianneN Just do not mention to Doodles that he has fewer neurons than dogs. He is better off not knowing.
@Corbin5 It's too late. I already blabbed the news to him, but he thinks he's a puppy, so all remains good in our household.
@FayeHazel (11863)
Ah that pool looks nice :-)
Thank you! We love it, especially when we're the only ones there!
@LoriAMoore (10162)
I couldn't leave Doodles for that long.
It's going to be tough, but his daddy loves him, too, and he loves his daddy. I think I'm the one who will suffer the most.
@djd832001 (124)
Enjoy the warm weather in FL. I was there during Hurricane Irma so it was quite eventful.
Oh, my! It was eventful for many of our friends, too. I hope your time there wasn't ruined!!!!
Have fun with Florida´s good weather. You Know that They will love Doodles.
Thank you. Yes, they love Doodles and he lets them take such good care of him. lol
@moffittjc (35772)
• Gainesville, Florida
The countdown to paradise has started!
It has!!!! Start picking dates to come on down!!!!!!!
@moffittjc (35772)
• Gainesville, Florida
@DianneN It will have to be after January I'm afraid. Every weekend is booked between now and the end of January. But I will find time to get down there!
@moffittjc That's ok. I understand. Just squeeze me in this year. I'm not getting any younger.
Sad and happy at the same time.
Yes, and it's an odd feeling. He's up from his nap, so out we go!
@just4him And we're back. He was entertained by a chipmunk. I'm freezing!
Wow, that photo makes me want to go with you just so I can jump into that pool. Well, without a swimsuit I'd be so out of luck I hope you have a safe trip to your winter home.
Lol! Thank you! I finished the packing and feel so good. My husband is going to ship it now.
Soon we'll get to read all about your warm winter haven @DianneN At least you won't have to worry about hurricanes, thank goodness.
@rebelann No hurricanes this time of year. Perhaps a tornado though?
@Madshadi (4989)
• Brussels, Belgium
Will it be cold to swim?
Not at all. The pool is heated automatically and the ocean is just refreshing. The ocean is on the other side of those buildings. We go frequently. It's about a five minute drive for us. I don't swim in the Intercostal which you can see, but I do walk in it at low tide.
@Madshadi (4989)
• Brussels, Belgium
@DianneN I would go in the pool. I don’t like to swim in the sea. Too salty
@Madshadi I don't mind either. I love to ride the waves. I'm like a kid!
@UncleJoe (8618)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I wish I could ship me to Florida. I hope ya'll have a wonderful Winter there.
Thanks so much, Joe. If you can ship yourself down, you'd be welcome to visit us.
@UncleJoe (8618)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@DianneN I truly appreciate the offer. Dreaming about that will keep me warm on those cold nights. Becky's 92 year old mom took a fall a few weeks back so my cuddle partner has been staying with her for the past two weeks.
@UncleJoe I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope your mother-in-law will get back on her feet quickly. Pardon the pun!
I guess Doodles is used to this routine by now. Hope the packing proceeds smoothly.
I hope he won't miss his Grammy too much. He knows something is up and follows me all over the house. He even went into the basement with me! Packing is done and shipped. I only have to pack up a few essentials for my carry on bag. I'm ready to leave this bleak and chilly climate.
@DianneN Poor Doodles. What a shame you can't take him with you. We saw a cat in a carry basket taken on a plane as hand luggage from Vienna to Bordeaux when we were overseas.
@JudyEv My son refuses to let us keep Doodles in Florida. Besides no animals being allowed, he'd howl from fright on the plane.
Is that the actual pool and view
Yes! Can you blame me for wanting to spend my winters there?
@DianneN ugh jealous. And im not a swimmer lol
@Courtlynn It's nice to lay out on the lounge chairs and dangle your feet in the pool. The ocean, on the other side of those buildings, sends us a nice breeze, as does the Intercostal by the pool. That's my backyard!