Why! Why! Why!

@nanette64 (17934)
Fairfield, Texas
I just read a post by @amadeo about his neighbor wanting to get a French Bulldog and the possibility of breeding it. There are already groups who BREED the French Bulldog for sale and show. If the neighbor 'bothered' to read up on this breed, there are 17 reasons why not too. And my main gripe about this whole thing is that there are millions of dogs waiting to be adopted from animal shelters. Some on Death Row and you mean he can't go SAVE a dogs life??? I have no other words except for four-letter ones and hyphenated ones.
Thinking about getting a French Bulldog? If you said yes, make sure you read this list of the 17 most common French Bulldog health issues!
• Uzbekistan
You're so right! I've heard that mixed breeds from shelters often have a better character and are healthier than overbred pure breeds.
@nanette64 (17934)
• Fairfield, Texas
Exactly @MALUSE . The life-span of Pure Breds have drastically dropped because of the gene-breeding process and it is because they cause health issues. A shelter animal is so grateful for being saved that they will become your best friend.
I fully agree with you, there are many lovely dogs who wait for a owner, why to buy a dog?
@nanette64 (17934)
• Fairfield, Texas
It makes no sense to me either @LadyDuck .
I expected that he would want to get all the facts about the breed before thinking of getting one .
@nanette64 (17934)
• Fairfield, Texas
I don't know if he has @Kandae11 but that should be a game-changer right away. There are a lot of dog-breeding situations that turn out bad and I don't mean for the human either.
• Derby, England
I would always get a rescue dog. My step daughter has a beautiful, very friendly who dunnit rescue dog. She is the nicest natured dog ever
@nanette64 (17934)
• Fairfield, Texas
Me too @catsholiday (rescues). Pure bred dogs have a lot of eccentricities whereas rescue dogs are so grateful for being rescued; they will be your lifetime friend.
@dgobucks226 (13788)
Totally agree with you! I have a neighbor who breeds bulldogs and sells them to earn money! She has 5 of them running around her yard. I reported her business activity to the authorities in my town and get this, she is entitled to do it as long as she cares for the dogs properly. Another question you might ask? How many dogs should someone be allowed to own? When is it too much?
@nanette64 (17934)
• Fairfield, Texas
As a "breeder" she should have a license (depending on the country) to do so @dgobucks226 . It's all about the money to those people.
@dgobucks226 (13788)
@nanette64 Our township did check out her home unfortunately for me I guess she did not violate any codes. So, I have to hear dogs barking all hours of the day and night. I could complain, but the police must hear the dogs barking if they come out to check? Just not worth the hassle.
@nanette64 (17934)
• Fairfield, Texas
@dgobucks226 Makes ya want to pull your hair out don't it?
@sallypup (28532)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I totally agree with you. We have a gorgeous Siamese. He came from the local animal shelter, not from a breeder. Ten days down in that animal mess before I pulled him out. I love him to pieces but for sure do not want to create more.
@nanette64 (17934)
• Fairfield, Texas
You did the right thing @sallypup .
@sallypup (28532)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@nanette64 My county is just nasty with animals. I have called the sheriff on my neighbors more than once and nothing is different over there. Their kittens look so diseased. Just feels horrible to me when I see those innocents.
@nanette64 (17934)
• Fairfield, Texas
@sallypup Yeah, I'd be maddern' hell too.
You can't make the decisions for everyone in the world, though it would be nice to do so once in a while.
@nanette64 (17934)
• Fairfield, Texas
Well if nothing else, offer some common sense @just4him .
@nanette64 True, but there are a lot of people out there who have no idea what common sense is.
@nanette64 (17934)
• Fairfield, Texas
@just4him Hee-hee; so true.
I would not argue with this.I agree.Not sure why.But believe maybe to make a fast buck.I do not care for it. But he is my neighbor and do not want to make waves there. Ms.Ruby and Buffy are animal shelters.My first one was a pup.As I did not know anything about raising them. Most people this falls on deaf ears.
@nanette64 (17934)
• Fairfield, Texas
I understand you're not wanting to cause problems with the neighbor @amadeo . Hopefully things will turn out all right for the dog.
@nanette64 we saw the dog today.Yes he was adorable.But then again all puppies are.
@nanette64 (17934)
• Fairfield, Texas
@amadeo Yes they are.
Breeding dogs is a selfish act. Those dogs waiting in shelters need homes desperately. Why buy a dog when you can save a life is right! This world does not need anymore dogs, that's for sure.
@nanette64 (17934)
• Fairfield, Texas
And when you think about the millions of dogs euthanized just here in the US every year @Corbin5 ; it makes me sick.
@nanette64 It is heartbreaking.
@sugartoes (42564)
• Greencastle, Indiana
I don't blame you one bit I'm with you all the way if more would adopt then there would be more lives being saved.
@nanette64 (17934)
• Fairfield, Texas
Exactly @sugartoes . It's become all about the person and their ego; not about the animal. They just become 'a thing' to them. I wonder how some of these breeders would feel if 'they' had to get pregnant every 9 months for years. You can bet that wouldn't happen; but after all, an animal is just an animal in their minds eye.
@sugartoes (42564)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@nanette64 you are so right & I do agree.
youj can often get a rea;ll good dog from the shelters and save its life so gedt our dog there and giveit a home and lreal love
@nanette64 (17934)
• Fairfield, Texas
You got that right @Hatley . When you consider millions are euthanized every year; it's a no-brainer.
That does make me sad to think of all the unadopted dogs at shelters and pounds. So sad.
@nanette64 (17934)
• Fairfield, Texas
Yes it is and breeding is part of the problem @maezee .