How many of you take the elevator or the stairs?

At my doctor's office I have been lazy lately and take the elevator down to the floor from the top. If I go downstairs from my doctor's floor then I will take the stairs and ride up to the top floor. Do many of you like the challenge and exercise of the stairs or is it hard for you and you take the elevator?
I live on the 12th floor I will run down all 12 but take the elevator up. That is no problem for me.
Shay, I understand that and makes sense.
@Dyvette16 (1361)
• San Antonio, Texas
I like taking the stairs
It is good exercise Desiree.
@Dyvette16 (1361)
• San Antonio, Texas
@Hannihar yes it is , I like the healthy way , sometimes haha
@Dyvette16 I can understand that Desiree.
@KristenH (20511)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
I do half and half. I do the stairs on the way out to the gym, church, or do the parking lot for errands and Acme. When I come home, I do the elevator.
That is good Kristen.
@KristenH (20511)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@Hannihar Thanks Hanni.
@KristenH You are welcome Kristen.
I often take the stairs depending on how high I have to go.
Good exercise Judy. I wish I took them more but since I go up and down our stairs at home I get lazy when there is an elevator waiting for me to go into.
@Hannihar Fair enough. I'd be doing the same.
@JudyEv ok Judy.
I live on the second floor, so it seems I'm always going up and down the stairs everyday. You made a good choice to walk up.
Thanks Rhonda. i also live in the 2nd floor with no elevator so when I go grocery shopping I lug my shopping cart up and down the steps. I go out to throw out the garbage and go up and down the steps. I do get some exercise by not having an elevator at home but with heavy things it is hard.
Depends on how many flights. If it is more than 3 I will usually take the elevator!
I understand maezee.
I usually take the stairs. Elevators are slower (always waiting) and the exercise is good.
It certainly is John.
@sjvg1976 (14714)
I use elevators if it's there as an option otherwise stairs.
Thank you Sanjeev.
@Daelii (2160)
If its just me?/ I do stairs. If I'm carrying my baby too I do elevator just because I am clumsy and have fallen before when holding a child.
I can see why with a baby you would do the elevator and the stairs if it is only you.
@sishy7 (27410)
I prefer the elevator if one is available because it's faster and less tiring...
I understand sishy7.
I cannot climb flight of stairs anymore.But do take the stairs on the way down which is fine with me.
@Morleyhunt (16808)
I generally take the stairs...even when an elevator is offered. My goal is to get and stay in shape. Walking up and down stairs is good exercise.
@Scrapper88 (1233)
I like to take the stairs whenever I can.
I have always used the stairs when it is convenient to do so.
I don't like to walk on the stairs. I take the elevators no matter I go home or go to the office
ok youless.
@rina110383 (23692)
I usually take the stairs. It's a good form of exercise.
yes rina it is.
@lady1993 (15778)
I take the stairs 2 floors down and 2 floors up since we are not allowed to go to floors that are not owned by our company
• Derby, England
It depends how many floor I would have to walk up or down. I am happy to walk up or down three floors but beyond that maybe the elevator
@dodoazo (11383)
I remember my most unforgettable experience using the elevator. I was under a training in the Central Bank of our country when there's a power failure for half a day. My fellow trainees didn't have the option to take any means to bring us to our training venue which at the 18th floor. Well, we started climbing the stairs until we reach the last floor. In the afternoon after our day's session, the power is back and we took the elevator up to the ground floor.
Nincompoop, I understand that. Where I sell in the lobby there is an old elevator and there have been many times that it broke down and people had to walk up the stairs and there are lots of people that come in wheelchairs so they left.