I already started Christmas shopping! Yes, in January!

You might think I'm crazy for thinking about Christmas when Christmas literally just passed but it's what I love doing - shopping and scoring great deals. I have a designated closet with toys, clothes, arts&crafts for the kids but now I need to re-stock. I am the type of person who shops throughout the year, so I don't feel rushed at the end of the year. Note: Not my kids, but my niece and nephew. When do you start Christmas shopping?
@nomus24g (17340)
that's waaaaay too early....isnt it
No, it sure isn't!
@mrki444 (308)
• Osijek, Croatia (Hrvatska)
It should be a some discounts now.
@mrki444 Yes, there are seasonal discounts. I bought some fun arts and crafts for the kids. But in general there are always sales. Toward Christmas, I find that prices of items clothes/toys do not often go on sale.
No more Christmas shopping, we do not exchange gifts with my husband, there is no one now for whom to buy a gift.
My fiancé and I didn't do a gift exchange for Christmas. We don't think we have to wait to give a gift to each other for a holiday. But, for my niece and nephew we do Christmas exchanges but they're little so they don't get Christmas. And with all the gifts they get, they are still unwrapping til' this day. They unwrap a gift or two per day from Christmas to January
@infatuatedbby It's also what my husband and I think, no need to wait for Christmas to exchange gifts. We only have one niece who is 33.
@LadyDuck Did you spend the holidays with your niece also? But yes totally if we want to get gifts it doesn’t have to be Christmas.
@mrki444 (308)
• Osijek, Croatia (Hrvatska)
Where are going today in shopping but not for next Christmas. :)
Haha, well right now it is evening so I will be going to bed soon.
@mrki444 (308)
• Osijek, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@infatuatedbby It's morning in Croatia.
@mrki444 Good morning to you! It is 11:51PM here on the West Coast, specifically California
@JESSY3236 (5224)
I usually wait until the next Black Friday, but I ordered my best friend a wallet which I will give her next Christmas. It's coming today. And I ordered a wallet for my mother today. It was going to be a Christmas present for next year, but she wants it early so it will be a birthday present instead since her birthday is the 29th.
That's a good time to start. Black Friday has some sweet deals =)
Year round just like you. But we're cutting down on who we're gifting to this year.
I see =) K-Mart has been giving out really sweet deals FreeCash
@infatuatedbby yes they have. Sears too gave a $10 sporting goods one but we dont do sprts stuff
@Courtlynn yes i ordered a gym towel at sears to be shipped for store pick up. i also got kmart $8 off $8 sporting goods. i ordered a yoga mat and used $2 in points to cover it. i also got a bunch of good freecash coupons like $10 off $20 apparel $15 off $20 sporting goods $10 off $15 jewelry i will save up some more points to use for sporting goods
@moffittjc (36660)
• Gainesville, Florida
I usually start my Christmas shopping around Christmas Eve each year, but this year I got all my shopping done well in advance and it was such a great feeling. So, like you're doing now, I'm already starting my shopping for next year. In just the past two days I've scored some amazing deals on things, so it was too good of an opportunity to pass up. Now, the hard part is going to be finding a place to hide all these gifts for an entire year without them being found, or without me forgetting about them! haha
Oh no no. Shopping last minute during Christmas Eve is when all the good stuff is gone, deals are not so great. So I always start in advance and find all these good deals =) Luckily I don't have to hide it from anyone (aka my niece/nephew) since they don't visit often & even if they did they wouldn't know where I hide my stash. You're doing great on these shopping deals. Did my shopping rub off on you? =) Hehehe
@moffittjc (36660)
• Gainesville, Florida
@infatuatedbby I'm pretty confident that your shopping expertise is slowly rubbing off on me! lol
@moffittjc Tehehe =)
@alberello75 (13538)
• Genova, Italy
I do not do any shopping. This is because, I am jobless, therefore without money. However, in almost all Italian cities, there are the after-Christmas sales. This mean, significantly discounted prices on everything!
More toward kids. This year, my fiancé and I did not exchange gifts because we don't think we have to give each other gifts due to this holiday. We should be able to gift any day, not just a specific holiday. I did take advantage of after Christmas sales. We have that here too in the states.
@alberello75 (13538)
• Genova, Italy
@infatuatedbby So I do not have a girlfriend. In your opinion, with whom should I exchange the presents?
@alberello75 You do not need a girlfriend to exchange gifts. Maybe friends, family, mom, or for yourself!
@JustBhem (24404)
• Davao, Philippines
Yay, it is too early for me to shop for next Christmas.
Hehe I love to shop =) And start right after Xmas all again ! Haha
@JustBhem (24404)
• Davao, Philippines
@infatuatedbby Yay, for sure you will have a lot to shop.
@JustBhem Hehe yes :) I love to!
That is an excellent idea and if I see a good deal I might pick it up ahead of time too. However with how fast kids interests change I usually can’t get things very far ahead anymore.
Luckily my niece and nephew are still little. When they get older, yes I will have to hold off on toys but clothes is fine. :)
@infatuatedbby yes when they are little like that it is much easier to buy ahead!
@shaggin Yes :) It is still easy when they're older it'll be different hehe
@Srbageldog (6454)
I usually don't start Christmas shopping until the fall.
I see, that is fine also!
@infatuatedbby My theory is that people's interests often change throughout the year, so I don't want to buy my brother, say, a yoga DVD or something while he's on a yoga kick, only to have him lose interest in it by the time Christmas rolls around!
@Srbageldog ahh gotcha =) so far, it works for the kids but maybe when they're older it might not work but clothes can!
@mayka123 (10052)
I have never shopped so much in advance for Christmas. And anyways if my kids saw any new toys in the house they would immediately want to play with it and would never leave it for Christmas,
Ah gotcha =) I don't have kids! But buy for my niece/nephew since we don't live together they won't see it =)
@mayka123 (10052)
@infatuatedbby I am sure over the next few months you would be sharing with us all that you have bought for your niece and nephew.
@mayka123 yes i do post here & there =)
@YrNemo (8996)
A good idea, provided you have room to store them, and a very good memory. (I did that once, and couldn't remember where the stuff I bought went that Christmas .)
Heheh yes there is a section designated for gifts =)
@YrNemo (8996)
@infatuatedbby Once I prepared the XMas gifts five months earlier (in July that year). Then I forgot completely about the whole thing. The kids did have some gifts. Then in February the year after, my little girl (she is big now) who is always very curious of everything anything, dug out a giant bag (the garbage type), and proudly showed it to me (with difficulty, since she was a tiny 2YO), 'mom, mom, I think Santa Clause forgot to give me this. He must have forgotten it. It is in a cupboard in our spare room.' (She ended up finding a second bag, similar size! I had forgotten all about them!)
@YrNemo Awww how cute but darn the gift was late and you forgot. :) Best to prepare later not too ahead then! Lol
Now this is funny because I thought of Christmas presents today as well. I thought I should have a color theme for each year. And since this year's Pantone color is ultraviolet I should collect things that are of this color to give away for Christmas 2018.
I do wrapping paper themes only, not gift themes =) Hehe
@infatuatedbby I've already found some cute items for my color themed presents.
@toniganzon Yay that'll be fun =)
@MGjhaud (20829)
i buy toys for my nephew every now and then(all year round) so he doesn't get anything from me on Christmas.
I always have knick knacks to give my niece & nephew when I see them. But I also stock up for their birthdays and Christmas. Closet full of gifts aways lol! How are you doing? Hope you had a good holiday & Happy New Year =)
@MGjhaud (20829)
I'm great! :) I hope you're doin the same. Been a while.. I've been busy somewhere with something. Belated happy Holidays. We had a blast!
@MGjhaud Great to hear all is well =) I'm doing fine too! Glad to hear you had a wonderful Holiday too. Good to see you around myLot!!
@ilocosboy (33963)
hmm, actually this is a nice idea, I may do this also.
I do it all the time =)
@ilocosboy (33963)
When my kids were younger I shopped through the year. It is the best way to buy things,
I don't have any kids, but they're for my niece and nephew. I feel like its not a rush when I shop throughout the year
@infatuatedbby That is so true.
13h
I guess in a way, it's never too early to start Christmas shopping if you see something.
11h
Yep :) I have already stocked up :P
@averygirl72 (15098)
That's too early. You seem always excited for Christmas. I will start my shopping on September
Hehe yes I love to shop early :)
• Portland, Connecticut
I usually start in January, that is when the best deals are to be found.
I agree with you. :)
@nela13 (1152)
• Portugal
I do the same, in fact I alrady have two presents for this year Christmas
That's awesome. I have some gifts saved up for this Christmas 2018 too.