Was My Bargain Really a Bargain?

I'm a sweater lover in the winter and it's my "go to" choice when getting dressed. Not cardigans but pullovers. They keep me warm and are comfortable. Over the holidays I found a good sale on some sweaters so I bought myself one. The original price was over $40 and this was on the closeout rack for $15. Since the selection was very limited the one I chose was in an Army green color. Green isn't my color but for the price I figured it would do for around the house. When getting dressed this morning I decided to wear my new sweater but the color is so drab and now I feel drab wearing it. Normally I choose blue or even black but this green isn't very cheerful. I love the sweater, the style, the price but not the color. Now I'm second guessing myself for buying it.
It is easy to dye a dark color black.
I never thought of that. You're a genius!!!
@Marilynda1225 Not really - but I know about such things through helping out my sister at her dress shop. She had quite a few tie-dye pieces which I helped design.
You can make that green pretty and cheerful since it was on the clearance rack and they will not be one to trade it for, unless you just asked for the money back and got something else. Dress it up with one of those neck things, you know the ones you slip over your head, or a white or cream color lace collar. Add a jewelry, a pretty pen or a long necklace. To go out in the sweater how about a nice pretty colorful coat, maybe some leggings with knee boots? I think you can decorate it to make it pretty, even if its a green you do not care for.
All good suggestions Andria and maybe dressing it up a bit will help make the drab color pop
Maybe you could return it or exchange it for another color? I'm sure you look lovely in it though!
Since it was on clearance it isn't returnable plus I'm wearing it today. It's nice and comfortable but the color just makes me feel a bit dull. I'm used to brighter colors I guess.
Is it too late to exchange it for another? I have shirt in camo colors. It makes me feel like I should be saluting..
Too late to exchange plus it was on sale (no returns). It's nice and comfortable and I'm wearing it today. It's just the color is a bit dull so it will probably be my inside sweater and not something I'd wear out
If you really dislike the color (I would) you can dye it.
Dying it black would make it awesome! good idea
@Marilynda1225 It's usually easy to dye it in black.
@Platespinner (17062)
My sweaters tend to extremes. I have black, brown and drab green. And I have fuschisa (a colour I usually avoid), sky blue, turquoise, and red (which I usually only wear between Thanksgiving and New Year). I tend to prefer the drab this time if year. I like to be warm and well camoflaged.
Camouflaged might just be what I need The sweater is nice and comfortable so I'll deal with the color
I wonder if you could perhaps dye it a different color?
Good idea. Dying it black might work
I love the army green color.
It's a color I'm not particularly fond of but since you were military maybe you have a fondness for this color?
@Marilynda1225 yes you are right there.
@Morleyhunt (21005)
Maybe you can brighten it with accessories. A bargain....is not always a bargain. The most expensive sweater I ever purchased is my "bargain" sweater. I paid more tha $100. For it....wholesale!
Sweaters have gotten very pricey lately so I thought this was a very good bargain. Wow $100 for wholesale...must be a beautiful sweater!
@Morleyhunt (21005)
@Marilynda1225 it is...I've owned it for 15 years. I wear it at least a dozen times per season....it still looks like new and each and every time I wear it I get compliments....from complete strangers....it was worth every cent I paid for it.
@HazySue (23054)
I thin if it made me feel drab and I like black I would dye it. Either that or give it to someone who lies the color.
I'm wearing it today and I'm kind of getting used to the color. Maybe I just feel weird cause it's not a color I normally choose.
@HazySue (23054)
@Marilynda1225 Maybe it is because it not a typical color you wear.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I would still wear it especially if it's warm. Lol, but I like green so maybe I'm not the best person to comment on this.
I do like green but this is more like olive green and a bit drab and dull. It is comfortable and warm so I'll forget about the color and wear it around the house
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@Marilynda1225 bleach it? Lol I dunno what else can be done
I guess it wasn't such a good idea after all.
Now if it was a different color I'd be happy as a lark
If you don't like the colour but love everything else about it, you could try to match a printed scarf to it and maybe pull out some other colours that you prefer. Me.......I like green, all shades of it, and love to wear it.
Green isn't usually I color I choose but it's starting to grow on me. I'm wearing it today and it's comfortable and fits well. Using accessories would probably make it pop
@1creekgirl (11959)
I like the idea of dying it a different color.
I've gotten a few suggestions about dying it and I think that's a great idea. Maybe black
Thats a bummer. What kind of green? Like olive? I hate when I buy things that I end up not wearing.
Yes it's probably more like an olive green which is not a very flattering color. However, its fits well and is comfortable so I'll keep it on and forget that the color is a bit drab
I wouldn’t have bought it if I didn’t like the color.
I liked it enough in the store but now I'm not so sure. Can't beat the price even if I just wear it in the house
I'd wear a white blouse with a pretty collar peeking out or a colorful silk scarf.
Well, perhaps a pretty scarf will jazz up that green a bit. I do not have any green clothing since it is definitely not my color.
@tzwrites (4954)
Maybe others find it really nice, I guess it's just about one's color preference.
@fly802 (1514)
I love to wear the white and the blue colored sweater.