Doing my best eating healthy

I was really overwhelmed by the huge number of white pasta. Then when I went to the mall, one of mom's friend dropped by with another white pasta . After buying those seeds, I stroll around to see what to do next. There was this restaurant I want to eat but I find it impractical their health food is pricey. So, I went to another Mall near us, bought some packed fruits and veggies from the salad bar, which was cheap. I've always thought it's expensive eating veggie foods, but I guess it's a way of looking at it.
Yes and the eating places rack up on money because they know people need to eat healthy.
Hello @andriaperry the crazy thing about that day is that there's only very few people eating on that restaurant probably because they're intimidated by the price.
I think one can eat very healthy without spending a lot of money, It just depends on where you shop.
Hello @Corbin5 well, I almost spent it in a restaurant, I'm glad I didn't.
@kanchan10 (3050)
• Kolkata, India
veggies and fruits are so good for our health and they easily available and cheap too.
Hello @kanchan10 Not really here, last year December the fruits and vegetables were way too expensive.
If you get all those fresh ingredients to take home and prepare yourself, it may be even cheaper (as you can get more fresh meals out of it them). Glad you chose the healthier food . . . I know it's just too easy to buy the carb stuff!
Hello @much2say The problem with buying lettuce in the market is that they are twice expensive than the ones being sold outside. yeah, I'm doing my best to eat healthy.
@Letranknight2015 Is it possible to grow your own at home?
@much2say my only problem is infestation. I've seen my okra plants die again and again. that's why there are some momens were I just keep one to dry for me to get new seeds.
• Preston, England
I do use a lot of pasta as it is cheap and easy to store too
Hello @arthurchappell I agree it's easy to store but I don't know how to cook the sauce.
• Preston, England
@Letranknight2015 I usually just heat it up and pour it on the pasta and stir it in
@cttolledo (4918)
Yeah. Just need to spend an extra effort to find a cheap but good one. You're on diet?
Hello @cttolledo not really, I'm just trying add up veggies and fruits to my meal. Diet doesn't really work over time for me.
@cttolledo (4918)
@Letranknight2015 Same here. haha
@aureliah (16844)
They look so crispy and fresh. Hope you enjoyed
Hello @aureliah yes they look fresh and it was good meal.
@aureliah (16844)
@ricki_911 (19591)
• Toronto, Ontario
Pasta is good if you have a balanced meal. Looks hood and hope you stay on track.
Hello @ricki_911 I'm trying to do that but most of the time I tend to eat more instead.
@ricki_911 (19591)
• Toronto, Ontario
@Letranknight2015 Yes, its all comes back to us. I find some have good will power whereas i dont.
Fresh fruits and vegetables are always more expensive. But better for you health wise.
Hello @jstory07 I agree and this because I'm not getting any younger now a days.
@ridingbet (55920)
that is a good fresh slices of fruits.
Hello @ridingbet it wasa slice in advance
I buy fresh fruit packs when I can. Stores certainly seem to stack the prices on healthy foods.
Hello @JudyEv They are definitely stacking higher prices last year because of the New Year. But I think prices had gone a little bit low now.
Keep up the good work. I have also been eating healthier.
Hello @TRBRocks420 Well, I am just starting, I just hope i could continue this.
@vandana7 (66120)
Veggie foods are expensive? Blink..may be in your parts of the world. Not in India.
Hello @vandana7 That's why I'm trying to grow some of them so it would lessen purchase on the veggies.
I hink there are deals out there on healthy foods you just have to search a little harder for them. Also buying fruits and veggies that are in season sure helps.
Hello @maezee There's only a couple of places were I could buy vegetables, but only this place is nearest to home.
At least it's healthy.
Hello @just4him I agree it's healthy
It would be cheaper to buy the veggies and fruits and prepare your own salads.
Hello @Kandae11 Yesh, that's good about preparing veggies and fruits over there.
@Daelii (5685)
Great deal! Salads and fruit is almost always a better choice than stuff in fast food like places. Just some salad dressing and extras are awful! Great job!
Hello @Daelii I often realized that fast food only makes you hungrier than full specially if it's too much cholesterol. as for the salad dressing, I could not get used to some of them.
Some places charge a lot for healthy food. I usually buy things and make them myself to save money.
Hello @shaggin yeah, veggies and fruits are expensive to maintain in the market, let alone a mall.
Eating healthy is hard. Especially the more you consciously think about it. Start with making what you like and try to incorporate healthier ingredients.