He Called Me Tippy

Green Bay, Wisconsin
I told him, at least I'm not tipsy. It gave him a chuckle. I went to see my chiropractor this morning. He told me some of the reason I'm having sciatica is because I'm tippy, and showed me how I stand. I didn't ask him what causes that, but I'm going to on Friday when I see him again. I'm wondering if my eyes have anything to do with it. I have cataracts, and know that my eyes have caused me to lean my head to one side or the other in the past and needed to do something to correct that. I'm sure I wouldn't notice it in any of the pictures I've had taken, as I try my best to stand up straight for those and look as nice as possible. So now, I've got to be mentally aware of how I stand and try not to be tippy. Has anyone told you, you do something that needs fixing, such as your posture? Thanks for reading. I know the picture is sideways. It does that when the camera is turned for the long picture instead of the horizontal one.
Well, I think it is well worth the effort to correct your tendency to tip. I have not had anyone tell me my posture needs a fix, yet.
That's good. I know I tend to slouch. My mother was always on me about it, and now I'm doing everything I can to always sit up straight. However, he was the first to tell me I was tippy.
I remember my mom telling me not to slouch when sitting - that was many, many years ago.
My mom told me the same thing.
@kobesbuddy (40798)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@just4him I had a band-director who screamed at us, if we didn't sit up straight and hold our shoulders back! Six years under his instructing, we all had backs like a broom handle!
@kobesbuddy I'm sure you did.
@Plethos (9615)
Ive been told that a lot of me has to be fixed.
I hope you're getting fixed.
@Plethos (9615)
@just4him - its nothing physical. Its my opinions and outlook that people say need fixing.
@Plethos Those are yours and you shouldn't be forced to change them. But that's my opinion, freely given.
I hope you follow his advice to correct your stance and hopefully, it will help your sciatica. My posture is perfect, thanks to my father reminding me to stand up straight and my grandmother reminding me to sit up straight. My free modeling class didn't hurt either.
I'm sure the modeling class helped a lot. That's what I'm hoping. As that gets straightened out, my sciatica will disappear.
@kobesbuddy (40798)
• East Tawas, Michigan
After having surgery on the back of my shoulder, I stand up straight as a soldier! LOL
Interesting. I am sure my posture needs work as well but havent been to a chiropractor ever.
I needed to go a year ago to get my hips back in alignment after breaking both legs several years ago. I waddled like a penguin. That's all straightened up, now I have sciatica to deal with.
I lean forward and I don't know why. I am thinking it could be my eyes on the computer before my glasses arrived.
That could be. I know I get close to the computer screen too, even with it as large as it is.
@kobesbuddy (40798)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I've never been told that I'm tippy, but I was told by my brother-in-law that all the Vance girls walk funny! LOL Thank heavens, now I'm a Jolly, instead:) I wear out the soul on one shoe faster, because of how I walk.
My mother walked on the sides on her shoes. I always put my big toes through my sneakers in school.
@kobesbuddy (40798)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@just4him I'm not sure what Jack is talking about, no doctor has ever mentioned it. But, my one shoe soul wears out faster, so he's definitely seeing something, in my walking!
@kobesbuddy Probably, if one shoe sole wears out faster than the other.
So many people as they age begin to slump over too and I always try to stand up tall. When I watch people walking down a street an amazing number have one shoulder higher than the other. Perhaps they are 'tippy' as well.
Could be. You never know. I always find I can shoulder a purse better on one shoulder than another. That might explain the tippiness as well.
@just4him I'm like that. A shoulder bag always falls off one shoulder but is better on the other.
@JudyEv For me it's my right shoulder for all my bags and purses. Nothing stays on the left.
That could be. I have a cataract and it does seem to make me stand differently. Not as confident I guess.
I'm wondering about that. There was a time when I needed to have a prism put in my lenses because I was hanging my head on my shoulder to see straight. So I'm wondering if my eyes are affecting the way I'm standing as well.
@just4him .......Could be and you aren't even noticing it.
@MarymargII (9403)
• Toronto, Ontario
I have sciatica as well and haven't thought of my posture being at fault- although when I went to the physio-therapist they didn't mention it! I'll ask next time. Perhaps you should go in there 'tipsy' next time and see what he says----lol!
Considering I don't drink, that would be a feat.
• Toronto, Ontario
@just4him Ha it would be!
Not mine.He just does his work.He does no sell anything like this. If you have problem see your foot doctor there.
He's not trying to sell me anything. He hasn't said anything about my feet.
@just4him I see.
@KristenH (23308)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Yes they have, plenty of times. And working out and walking does help me out, too.
I'm glad working out is helping you.
@KristenH (23308)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@just4him Thanks. It does. My back pain does act up and gets stiff every so often. So I do need to be more active.
@nela13 (5066)
• Portugal
Really is tip the reason for you sciatica? Sometimes the reasons for our health issues are so simple.
It could be.
Only thing was slouching.
I'm guilty of that too.
@1hopefulman (26097)
So he did not call you tippy because you gave him a tip for his services or because you walk on your tippy toes? So has the pain lessened a bit?
Not yet, but it's only the second session.
@MsBooklover (3792)
I love the picture. I am not sure I see anything I would call tippy. I was told I needed to stand straighter when I was younger.
I'm seeing him again this morning and will ask him if it is my posture. The good news is the sciatica seems gone. I haven't needed any ibuprofen for three nights now and that's a good thing.
@just4him I am glad the sciatica seems gone. I know someone else who has that. Thinking about what might have caused it and if it goes away by itself. You need all the strength you can get to write your books and help people to learn about about Jesus.
@MsBooklover I don't know what causes it. I'm glad it's gone. Yes, I do. But that's more brain power than physical power, and I don't do it alone, the Holy Spirit is responsible for what I teach.
@FayeHazel (16539)
Hmmm, interesting. Did he tell you how to stand, instead? I know that I slouch. :/ Looking good btw!
No, but I'm assuming, it's straighter than I do now.
@FayeHazel (16539)
@just4him Oh that can be tough to correct a posture
@FayeHazel Yes, it can, especially since I know I don't sit straight here at the computer. I'm always leaning to my left, and that's where all the trouble is - on my left.
yes my mom is trying to fix how i walk she just hated when i walk with my butt a bit waving on sides she said im deliberate but i mean it its not. many hated the way i walk because they thought im deliberate to get attention like i walk sexy but its just normal
Some people don't understand that.
@just4him its sad but yes
@Jackalyn (6620)
• Oxford, England
A few years ago I discovered I literally could not get up and had to ring the doctor. His verdict was sciatica and thankfully the moment passed, but I do not remember being lop sided so much as pole axed! Whatever, I pray you are healed of it soon.
Thank you. I've now had two pain free nights.
@JESSY3236 (6070)
My mother always fusses about my posture and where I put my arms. I like to have my arms around my stomach sometimes. I'm not hurting when I do it.
I have a hard time with my arms as well sometimes, and just end up folding them in front of me.