I Was Thrown Out of Weight Watchers

When I was a young newlywed, I went to a Weight Watchers meeting. I wanted to shed those honeymoon pounds. During the meeting, everyone introduced themselves and had to tell how many pounds they wanted to lose. When it was my turn, I gave my name, and stated that I wanted to lose 5 - 10 pounds. Imagine my embarrassment when everyone laughed. The leader of the group told me to go home. I still went on the diet privately and lost the weight in 10 days, the length of my honeymoon. Have you ever been on a diet? ~ Photo of Orville the Osprey diving for a fish
of course I have. I did 2 6-week Transformation Challenges at my gym last year where you lose 20 pounds in 6 weeks. I lost 44 pounds in the 3 months.
Wow! Good for you!!!! That's amazing!!!!!!
nice to see your smiling face!
@CoralLevang It is nice to see her smiling face!
I'm on a seefood diet...I see food, I eat it
So am I! I plan on eating a lot of it today!
@DianneN You also burn it up like crazy with all the walking and stuff. That is the way to live.
@GardenGerty I read an article about people who diet, and people who diet and exercise. What a difference in bodies. I better walk more. lol
@Mike197602 (13927)
Nope...but I got thrown out of a gay club the other day Blatant case of heterophobia
. Not very nice.
@WorDazza (10089)
• Manchester, England
That was a bit harsh! What were you supposed to do, tell them you wanted to lose 30 pounds and make yourself unhealthily skinny?? Weight watchers should be there for anyone wanting to lose weight no matter how much or how little!! Good for you for doing it without them.
I agree and thank you! They're probably still fat. Lol!
@WorDazza (10089)
• Manchester, England
@DianneN To be honest, you're probably right. I'm not sure those Weight Watchers classes and others of their ilk are that successful anyway. Ultimately it comes down to the desire of the individual.
@WorDazza I agree! One has to be determined to lose the weight and get healthy.
lol that's funny, but yeah most people who go to those want to lose 100 pounds.
Who knew? . I wanted to lose weight, too!!!
@sallypup (29219)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@DianneN Many people don't realize that support groups like Overeaters Anonymous are there for anorexic folks as well as bulimic. Anyway, I'm glad you regained your bikini self.
@sallypup I actually didn’t know that. This is my something new I’ve learned. Thank you ??
Its funny when people that are a few lbs bigger than you look down on you for wanting to lose a little bit of weight. I'm just trying to eat healthy. But anyone bigger than me gets mad and says its rude to want to lose weight because I'm small. Hmm I went from 115 to 140. Trying to lose 15 lbs is reasonable.
That's always the case. We know how we look and feel better than others.
@DianneN At any rate I think its awesome that you followed your own diet. Which diet did you follow?
@taciaelisepeace It was a Weight Watcher diet then. Now, I just watch my fat, carb, and calorie intake.
How rude of them. I wonder if they thought you were mistakenly mocking them.
It was rude, but I wasn't there to mock them. Perhaps I served as a role model. LOl!
That was not nice of them to laugh at you and send you home. I am glad you lost the weight you wanted on your own. I have been on and off of diets most of my life. I learned they never helped me and needed to find a better way. Here in Jerusalem I found Over Easters Anonymous and I learned for me to give up certain things and I did that but other things I cannot give up yet
We all need to reach a happy medium and not eat more calories than our body can burn. It's tough!
@DianneN It is not easy when one has had a problem with food all their life.
@Hannihar I hear you! Nothing is never easy.
@BloggerDi (964)
Well, THAT was awkward!! Thanks for sharing. After I started dating my husband, one of our mutual friends told him that he'd always been attracted to me, except that I was too skinny for him. Skinny? Who me? I've never been skinny a day in my life. But he just had a preference for women much rounder than me.
Some men seem to enjoy a woman of size or one with a little meat on them. I've gotten meatier over the years. Lol! At least he married you!!!
That's pretty funny! I can imagine a few jealous ladies in that room. And just look at Orville go!
It wasn't funny at the time. I was mortified!!!! Love that Orville!!!!!
@Plethos (11476)
only time im on a diet is when im inbetween meals.
You stinker!
I am fortunate that I have the small genes and always appear thin-ish at least. But I know I have put on some weight particular around the middle after having 2 kids, but with clothing most people will never see that. And so if I tell people I need to lose weight, I get the rolling eyes from them . . . and that's probably what people did when you went to Weight Watchers . I mostly don't go by the numbers, but I know I could aim to tone up . . . oh but I love to eat .
I want to hit you with a rubber hose!. Go away! I don't like thin people. . I know how I look and how my clothes fit. And the scale doesn't lie. I'm happy I don't have a talking scale. It would be screaming right now!!!
@DianneN Like I said, I "appear" thin-ISH . . . but I'm not exactly thin . . . thank goodness for loose clothing . My limbs are ok, but it's the tummy area that needs the serious work. We have a scale, but I rarely use it . . . I don't want it talking back to me !
@much2say I wish the tent look was in! Lol! My middle is my curse, too.
@kobesbuddy (57283)
• East Tawas, Michigan
That wasn't a very nice reception! If a woman wants to lose 5-10 pounds, they should be welcomed with open arms at Weight Watchers:( My friend Linda joined another club, it was called Tops. I guess she lost about 35 pounds, which was quite a bit. I didn't know Linda before her diet success, so I had no idea what she looked like before.
Lucky Linda! She obviously won the battle and stayed slim. At the time, I was mortified!!!! At least we both skip sugary desserts which help!
@kobesbuddy You are doing the right thing! I think you are one smart lady, and so unlike the doughball!!!
@kobesbuddy (57283)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@DianneN Peanut brittle rocks! LOL (It is so darn hard, like eating rocks!)
I am on a diet now! But not very strict *yet* I want to lose ideally 15-20 lbs but my doctor said 8 lbs & I'll be good!
We all seem to want to be underweight for some reason. lol
@DianneN I wish I was!
@infatuatedbby Me, too, but it will never happen!
@1hopefulman (33518)
That wasn't nice of them. Was it? I weigh around 130 lbs and have always been that way even though I can out-eat just about anybody. Should I go on a diet?
Wow! That's pretty thin! My father was like you, and I remember my mother tried so hard to fatten him up. She failed. You should try going to a Weight Watchers meeting for a laugh!
@1hopefulman (33518)
@DianneN Yes, many have tried to fatten me up but it doesn't work. They invite me for supper because they think that I don't eat and then they are shocked. For some reason, they don't invite me again. If they laughed at you, they probably would not even let me in. Maybe I could collect the weight that they lose and then I would heavier.
@1hopefulman LOL!!!! You are hilarious!!!
So unless you want to loose a huge amount of weight they don't want you there?
Obviously not!
Seems very rude to me and unhelpful
@shaggin Well, I showed them! Not really, but I showed myself I could lose the weight. I was mortified when they laughed and threw me out!!!
@YrNemo (14768)
For losing weight? Hmm.... not intentionally though, but indirectly, yes. (I was born a skinny baby, and up to now, I am still sort of - having an average weight/body size. Just a bit of a diet, and the doctors would tell me off (something to do with my anemic problem!)!
Most women would kill you! Hope your anemia is manageable.
@YrNemo (14768)
@DianneN Oh no, I still put on weight, but it has never become too obvious to the outsiders that's all. I have an aunt, who seemed to be forever like a reed, very elegant looking. That year, she said, 'I am going to eat and eat, just to see what will happen.' You know what happened? She was still like a reed, but with a 5 month bump tummy. She was so shocked (we were horrified). She had to diet badly to get rid of that bump. (The family had a good laugh at the time!)
@YrNemo That is hilarious!!!! I get a 5 month bump tummy after each meal!
I went on a diet every time we came back from a trip to the United States I usually gained 6 pounds in 3 weeks and I was able to lose all of them following a diet for a couple of weeks. I like to be the same weight all the time.
So do I, but it gets more difficult the older I get. I shouldn't be sitting here now. I should be running up and down the streets. lol
@DianneN You are right, it becomes a bit more difficult to get rid of the excess weight. Now it's still cold, as soon as the Spring comes I will be out more.
@LadyDuck It's like spring here, so what's my excuse?
@MsBooklover (4099)
They told you to go home because you only have 5 to 10 pounds to lose. Those pounds were important to you just as much as 25 pounds is to someone else. I am really surprised.
I was so shocked and embarrassed! I hope they've changed over the years.
@DianneN I agree, but they should be embarrassed.
@MsBooklover Very true!
yeah im trying a bit but sometimes cant help to eat a lot. why the hell they all laughed and even the leader wants you to go home, maybe they thought youre insulting them with youre answer? 5-10 pounds is youre choice
I guess I looked pretty thin compared to them. But I don't ever want to look like them!!!
@DianneN yeah i can imagine how fat are they